Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

C-C-C-C-Combo Maker!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
Sorry for the wacky title, but I decided to take a page from Valkoor's fun book and try and make a punny title. Don't think it worked out too well this time, sad to say.

Anyways, this discussion is about the deadliest class combos, or maybe just the ones you find most fun. It could be your class and other players class, or you and your companions, or your main class and a class you sub-trained in.

As a Privateer, my favorite set of Companions are Buccaneers. Because Privateers boost off of Strength and my favored weapon is a slashy and smashy, I usually keep Kraken's Coils and Shark's Fury at the top of my power rankings, with Egg Shen, Hawkules, and either Ratbeard or S.M. Arson. With the right epics, Strength boosts can help your team clear a deck quick.

As a Privateer I feel the best player combination would be with a Swashbuckler. Privateers could likely make Swashbucklers even more deadly than they already are. Privateers can boost Team Crit Chances, and Swashbucklers can boost their own Crit Chances. Depending on your power rankings, a Swashbuckler could gain 30% Crit Chance in as little as 2 turns, not to mention any agility boosts that may be lying around. Privateers are also great due to their ability to boost a Swashbucklers dodge and proc Riposte.

As a Privateer, my favorite classes to train are almost every other class except for Musketeers. My personal playstyle favors Slashy/Smashy weapons, so Buccaneer class is great for giving me the extra Smashy and Choppy weapons, plus Strength boosts. Privateers suffer from a little less damage than other classes, so I find that training in the two Hide abilities from Swashbuckler plus a Sneak attack can be useful. Privateers use barrages, buffs, and heals in a battle to be useful, so training in the Witchdoctor class can be very useful to boost effectiveness.

So does anyone else have their own personal C-C-C-C-C-COMBO MAKER(s)?

P.S.: I'm bad at everything except for Privateer and Buccaneer so this is really for discussion and for tips. Thanks and hope you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Kaizoku No Sensei (I hope I'm saying that right)

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:
Sorry for the wacky title, but I decided to take a page from Valkoor's fun book and try and make a punny title. Don't think it worked out too well this time, sad to say.

Anyways, this discussion is about the deadliest class combos, or maybe just the ones you find most fun. It could be your class and other players class, or you and your companions, or your main class and a class you sub-trained in.

As a Privateer, my favorite set of Companions are Buccaneers. Because Privateers boost off of Strength and my favored weapon is a slashy and smashy, I usually keep Kraken's Coils and Shark's Fury at the top of my power rankings, with Egg Shen, Hawkules, and either Ratbeard or S.M. Arson. With the right epics, Strength boosts can help your team clear a deck quick.

As a Privateer I feel the best player combination would be with a Swashbuckler. Privateers could likely make Swashbucklers even more deadly than they already are. Privateers can boost Team Crit Chances, and Swashbucklers can boost their own Crit Chances. Depending on your power rankings, a Swashbuckler could gain 30% Crit Chance in as little as 2 turns, not to mention any agility boosts that may be lying around. Privateers are also great due to their ability to boost a Swashbucklers dodge and proc Riposte.

As a Privateer, my favorite classes to train are almost every other class except for Musketeers. My personal playstyle favors Slashy/Smashy weapons, so Buccaneer class is great for giving me the extra Smashy and Choppy weapons, plus Strength boosts. Privateers suffer from a little less damage than other classes, so I find that training in the two Hide abilities from Swashbuckler plus a Sneak attack can be useful. Privateers use barrages, buffs, and heals in a battle to be useful, so training in the Witchdoctor class can be very useful to boost effectiveness.

P.S.: I'm bad at everything except for Privateer and Buccaneer so this is really for discussion and for tips. Thanks and hope you have a fantastic week!

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 65 Kaizoku No Sensei (I hope I'm saying that right)
As a swashbuckler, I agree that pairing up with a privateer creates a deadly combo. I went through most of Cool Ranch with a privateer and we demolished all in our path. Unfortunately, we separated before we could get to Mooshu, but it was awesome when we fought.

Anyways, for my c-c-c-c-c-combo maker(!), I'd say always bring Toro to boost riposte odds. I'd also say bring Nausica since she always wrecks with burst fire 2 and double tap. On top of Toro buff, there are no survivors. She really shines with black fog and guaranteed super hit.

I'd say, train valor's fort since swashes are flimsy without it. Also rouse helps a lot. Train spooky 2 for swash since that boosts poison and bleed damage. Also, train mighty charge from buccaneer to add onto the already amazing range of swashes.

As for combat, I'd say hide, poison, then assassin's strike. There's the two DoTs and the massive damage from hidden assassin's strike.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
FireMorgan13 on Jun 10, 2015 wrote:
As a swashbuckler, I agree that pairing up with a privateer creates a deadly combo. I went through most of Cool Ranch with a privateer and we demolished all in our path. Unfortunately, we separated before we could get to Mooshu, but it was awesome when we fought.

Anyways, for my c-c-c-c-c-combo maker(!), I'd say always bring Toro to boost riposte odds. I'd also say bring Nausica since she always wrecks with burst fire 2 and double tap. On top of Toro buff, there are no survivors. She really shines with black fog and guaranteed super hit.

I'd say, train valor's fort since swashes are flimsy without it. Also rouse helps a lot. Train spooky 2 for swash since that boosts poison and bleed damage. Also, train mighty charge from buccaneer to add onto the already amazing range of swashes.

As for combat, I'd say hide, poison, then assassin's strike. There's the two DoTs and the massive damage from hidden assassin's strike.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl65
Thank you for the tips for a Swashbuckler :) Yesterday and today I went ahead and did Monquista and I have to say that before I promoted Subodai, I was lacking a bit. I will make sure to get Valor's Fort. I learned Gunnery and Rouse already, and I have an extra training point so I'll be sure to use that on Valor's Fort. El Toro was a main for my Privateer for such a long time because, well, he's El Toro I'll be sure to save up some crowns and get Nausica for Max; I've seen the damage she can do and, well, Duelist101 doesn't call her Shredica for no reason! Can't wait until I can try her out on my team for myself. I'll remember to get the Spooky talents and Mighty Charge! Again, thank you very much for the help and I hope maybe someday you'll see my Swash in the Skyways :)

Lt. Darling Max, Level 15 Order of St. Doreta

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Cruel Owen Quarrel on Jun 9, 2015 wrote:

Take the reins buddy. Enjoy. Good luck with your school. I have a better reason to log in now and I'm happy. See you in the spiral. Good bye message boards.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Jun 11, 2015 wrote:
Take the reins buddy. Enjoy. Good luck with your school. I have a better reason to log in now and I'm happy. See you in the spiral. Good bye message boards.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Wait, where are you going man? Did something happen ? You okay?