Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Nautical XP Problems

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 10, 2009
I have finished the game with 3 characters, and have a musketeer in Marleybone. In all of these characters, I have had trouble leveling up my nautical levels. I want to ask for suggestions on how to get quick nautical xp. Thank you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DenicetheMenace305 on May 23, 2015 wrote:
I have finished the game with 3 characters, and have a musketeer in Marleybone. In all of these characters, I have had trouble leveling up my nautical levels. I want to ask for suggestions on how to get quick nautical xp. Thank you.
Watch the fansites for Nautical XP parties. Around the Spiral with Edward Lifegem just had one on Saturday and it was a blast. We scrubbed the Marleybone skyways for quite a while and had a blast. You level up really fast doing that and get some good scrip in the process.
You can also just cruse the Skyways and look for others taking down ships and just join in. The more the merrier. Before you know it a spontaneous pack will form and you can be sinking the bosses in Aquila in under one minute. Just be helpful and check the sites for parties and you will be maxed out in NXP in no time and make a ton of new friends in the process.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
There are three ways to get Nautical Experience (nxp) that I know of, none of which are quick. Two of these involve fighting ships. The first way (and slower) is to board or be boarded and finish the fight on deck. This gives nxp, xp (experience for defeating opponents), equipment (not ship gear) your pirate can either use or sell, and Gold. The second (and usually fastest) is to blow the ships out of the air. This gives nxp, possibly ship gear your pirate can either use or sell, Gold, and, if you are lucky, Scrip (the further from Skull Island you are, the more likely you are to get Scrip). The third way is to give orders to your Crew to earn nxp (Cannoneer orders) which is the slowest.

I try to keep the Nautical Level of my Pirate within at least two levels of my actual Level. The way I do this is, whenever I am going from one location to another using the Windlanes, I try to fight at least one ship (preferably a Boss Ship) if not more (especially in Cool Ranch) and I don't board the ship and try not to be boarded. I also have at least one and, preferably more, Companions earning nxp with Cannoneer Orders (I think it should be called Sailor Orders).

I would suggest that you fight ships that are the highest level you can defeat without boarding or being boarded, at least 80% to 90% of the time. The level of the ship can be determined by clicking on the ship and reading the information on the ship at the top of the screen. That is the only way I know of to quickly earn nxp. I agree that it is not quick but it is the way I have come up with earning nxp so I can use the better Ship Gear that I get as Loot, buy in the Bazaar or in the Crown Shop. Remember that you can exchange Ship Gear between your Pirates using the Shared Bank.

Good Luck!