Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best Gear for a Witchdoctor?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2011
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anybody could help me find the best gear for a level 65 witchdoctor. I am currently level 63, and I am planning on making it to level 65 very soon. This is my first playthrough of the game, and I was wondering if any experienced players could give me any advice on what gear to choose. I am aware of the Moo Manchu tower gear, but I have seen other classes use gear such as Blood's robe that is not from Moo Manchu. It would be great if someone could tell me the best gear for a level 65 witchdoctor.

Thanks,

JC

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jackiesh on Mar 9, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone.

I was wondering if anybody could help me find the best gear for a level 65 witchdoctor. I am currently level 63, and I am planning on making it to level 65 very soon. This is my first playthrough of the game, and I was wondering if any experienced players could give me any advice on what gear to choose. I am aware of the Moo Manchu tower gear, but I have seen other classes use gear such as Blood's robe that is not from Moo Manchu. It would be great if someone could tell me the best gear for a level 65 witchdoctor.

Thanks,

JC
I say that any gear that gives a bonus to your primary stat is the best, for Witchdoctors this is Will, also look for Magic Resistance. My witchdoctor is currently wearing gear from the Tower most of which also gives her extra Power cards like Mournsong, Jobu's Embrace, etc. She also has the Nefarious Staff which grants Jobu's Ruse and Summon Scorpions.
I'm still trying to get Captain Blood to drop his jacket, but that stubborn undead pirate still refuses my reasonable request.

Ensign
Jun 23, 2011
Thanks for the help, I think I will start with the tower of moo Manchu.

Any other advice?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Try reading all you can on the tower so you can mentally prepare a strategy; just do a search for Tower of Moo Manchu, and see what pops up!

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Jackiesh on Mar 9, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone.

Thanks,

JC
Aye, Witchdoctors along with Buccaneers and Privateers got it made with tower gear. You can equip it in every gear slot that it is available for and do just fine. Swashbucklers and Musketeers on the other hand, still need to farm other gear items to stay competitive. With Jobu's Embrace, Witches don't need to worry much about shields and heals because they can inflict damage on multiple targets and regain half that damage back in health in one swift move. I would still recommend at least one gear item that provides either Valor's Fortress or Valor's Armor so you can shield a damage dealing companion like Keisuke (or Nausica if you have her) and turn him loose on your opponents. You can also go the defensive route and shield a Buccaneer companion that has higher health but deals less damage and provide yourself with a very effective barrier against oncoming hostiles.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
The best gear for a witchdoctor is a stats boosting card I have 2 great juju's some will boosting cards , some health & dodge rings, health& accuracy & also a pet who has a lot of powers that can help you in combat.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I have only completed the tower once, I have gotten the Radiant Crystal Talisman token, which gives me a Mournsong and Jobu's Embrace, and a ring - Finkle's Loop, which gives a Jobu's Embrace and Mojo Storm.

I do have is the top tier Hoodoo Bundle gear, the Conqueroo's set, which gives Great Juju, Readied Spell and Shadow Step. Medea's Crook is what I'm using for a weapon, and finally the Eyepatch of Recuperation, which gives me a Revive.