Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Five Nights at Skull Island

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
I'm sure many of us are familiar with or at least heard of that new horror game that came out several months ago, Five Nights at Freddy's. If you haven't, long story short, it made the jump-scare popular again and even gave its own creator nightmares. Basically you play as a night guard in a place that's sorta like Chuck E. Cheese's and you sit in your office trying to prevent the animatronics from getting to you. I've never actually played the game before, but I've seen videos of people playing it (and for some reason deciding to watch it at 7:00 or 8:00 at night) and...well, this is me the rest of the night . I don't know what it is about the game but it both terrifies and just mesmerizes me.
I'm sure you're all wondering were I'm going with this; just let me explain. I've seen people make parody games of Five Nights at Freddy's: Five Nights at Wario's, Five Nights at the Krusty Krab, Five Nights at Treasure Island (to name three). To answer, no I'm not asking KI's permission to make a parody game based off P101, but I have been thinking about the "b.o.x.e.s. event" in W101 and how it's based on Dr. Who. Then it hit me, P101 could have a "Five Nights event" similar to Five Nights at Freddy's.
The back-story to Freddy's is that a night guard, who just-so-happens to be a killer, dresses up in one of the animatronics' costumes and leads five unsuspecting children into a back-room and......um......I think you get it. The children were never found, but theory has it that their spirits possessed the animatronics and they seek revenge on any night guard. In the "Five Nights event", someone could open a new super tavern in five locations in the Spiral with five different animatronics, one at each being the mascot. Eventually, a young pirate like us is...you know...at each tavern and their spirit possesses the animatronic there. Our job would be to defeat these animatronics and free the trapped spirits. I guess I should mention now the Freddy's game also had a 6th night, which was considered overtime. This event could have a 6th tavern where you defeat the one who...ya...with the spirits as allies so they'll finally rest at peace.

So what did you all think? The concept of animatronics coming to life and attacking you is kind of an old one so I don't think there'll be too much of a problem; I've seen it several times on TV. Please, please, please give me feedback on this. I really, really hope KI can make something like this in P101.
Golden Mycin Inglewood Lvl 65 Witchdoctor

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
now I am aware of 5 nights at freddys, but you do realize this game has kids playing it right? This is not something that should ever be added to the game because for some of our younger players its not the best idea. That is ripping them off too. I don't say this that often and do not take this as a insult but I really don't like this idea at all! The only way i can see this working is if they completely change the concept

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Ryanbold2 on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
now I am aware of 5 nights at freddys, but you do realize this game has kids playing it right? This is not something that should ever be added to the game because for some of our younger players its not the best idea. That is ripping them off too. I don't say this that often and do not take this as a insult but I really don't like this idea at all! The only way i can see this working is if they completely change the concept
Well obviously it's not going to be the same as Five Nights at Freddy's and it's definitely not going to be graphic like it either, far from it. Yes, I know that kids play this game and the last thing I'd want to imply is having a great family-friendly game contain something that'd scare everyone to death. By all means KI wouldn't put something so graphic and nightmarish like what happened in Freddy's into P101. If this'll sound more family-friendly to you, the "Five Nights event" could say that a witchdoctor cursed the children to possess the animatronics for his own purposes. It also would be impractical for there to be any sort of jump-scare and our pirate would definitely not be stuffed into an animatronic suit; wear one as a disguise maybe, but not stuffed into one. And btw, that's just like saying KI ripped off Dr. Who in the "b.o.x.e.s. event" or any of the other historical or movie references they made in this game. It's not rip off it's a parody, like those other three games I mentioned before. And again, the concept of animatronics of coming to life and attacking has been thrown around several times before.

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
Ryanbold2 on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
Darkmoor of Wizard101 has a pretty sad story to it I think this could work but I don't know if it is something I would like to do

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Serpent10611 on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:
I'm sure many of us are familiar with or at least heard of that new horror game that came out several months ago, Five Nights at Freddy's. If you haven't, long story short, it made the jump-scare popular again and even gave its own creator nightmares. Basically you play as a night guard in a place that's sorta like Chuck E. Cheese's and you sit in your office trying to prevent the animatronics from getting to you. I've never actually played the game before, but I've seen videos of people playing it (and for some reason deciding to watch it at 7:00 or 8:00 at night) and...well, this is me the rest of the night . I don't know what it is about the game but it both terrifies and just mesmerizes me.
I'm sure you're all wondering were I'm going with this; just let me explain. I've seen people make parody games of Five Nights at Freddy's: Five Nights at Wario's, Five Nights at the Krusty Krab, Five Nights at Treasure Island (to name three). To answer, no I'm not asking KI's permission to make a parody game based off P101, but I have been thinking about the "b.o.x.e.s. event" in W101 and how it's based on Dr. Who. Then it hit me, P101 could have a "Five Nights event" similar to Five Nights at Freddy's.
The back-story to Freddy's is that a night guard, who just-so-happens to be a killer, dresses up in one of the animatronics' costumes and leads five unsuspecting children into a back-room and......um......I think you get it. The children were never found, but theory has it that their spirits possessed the animatronics and they seek revenge on any night guard. In the "Five Nights event", someone could open a new super tavern in five locations in the Spiral with five different animatronics, one at each being the mascot. Eventually, a young pirate like us is...you know...at each tavern and their spirit possesses the animatronic there. Our job would be to defeat these animatronics and free the trapped spirits. I guess I should mention now the Freddy's game also had a 6th night, which was considered overtime. This event could have a 6th tavern where you defeat the one who...ya...with the spirits as allies so they'll finally rest at peace.

So what did you all think? The concept of animatronics coming to life and attacking you is kind of an old one so I don't think there'll be too much of a problem; I've seen it several times on TV. Please, please, please give me feedback on this. I really, really hope KI can make something like this in P101.
Five nights at freddy's best game ever and i think all of you pirates can guess my favorite character and i do like the idea

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Animatronics possessed by unhappy ( if not evil ) spirits? Correct if I'm wrong but don't we already have animatronic-like beings attacking us? ( x cough x Armada x cough x ). That game is too violent and just plain sick for Pirate101.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
personally I find the game to be more of a comedy game then a horror game

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
I've seen the game and truth be told I've seen scarier stuff then that mates.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
zuto4011a on Mar 3, 2015 wrote:
personally I find the game to be more of a comedy game then a horror game
Hm.. Now thats making me think of the animatronics being funny Haha..

Anyway..
Im neutral on this idea it would be kinda bad because its a kids game but they might be able to make it into a way that is kid friendly but im not sure on this..

Thrifty tristan Thatcher Lvl 65 Swashy

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
Know My post may have been a little mean but you do realize there should not be anything like what you said. I'm sorry i made you upset mate. Now 5 nights a freddys is not scary to me really and i have no problem with the game at all, but there is really no point and having possessed animatronics in this game it has nothing to do with pirates at all. I'm not saying its a dumb idea I'm saying its not good for pirate101. Sorry if I insulted you mate!

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
While I must admit I was a little upset receiving it, I guess I really should have expected such an uneasy reaction to my idea; I mean it is Five Nights at Freddy's after all. But for goodness sake, I'm not a mad-man! I would never want an actual Five Nights at Freddy's in Pirate101, that would be just plain WRONG!!! Of course KI would make a much cleaner parody of it. What I was trying to get at with this idea was a chain of five super-taverns, each one with an animatronic that is haunted by the spirit of one of five young pirates that was cursed by a witchdoctor for his own reasons. We would have to go to each tavern, defeat each animatronic, releasing the young pirates' spirits from them, and finally team up with them to defeat the witchdoctor. To me this concept sounds easily doable without having to make it a nightmare. Besides, we're already used to being attacked by the Armada so how is this that much different?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Want to hear something truly terrifying? This is the type of job you will get if you don't stay in school, kids! Mwahahaha! ( oh the horror )!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Serpent10611 on Mar 3, 2015 wrote:
While I must admit I was a little upset receiving it, I guess I really should have expected such an uneasy reaction to my idea; I mean it is Five Nights at Freddy's after all. But for goodness sake, I'm not a mad-man! I would never want an actual Five Nights at Freddy's in Pirate101, that would be just plain WRONG!!! Of course KI would make a much cleaner parody of it. What I was trying to get at with this idea was a chain of five super-taverns, each one with an animatronic that is haunted by the spirit of one of five young pirates that was cursed by a witchdoctor for his own reasons. We would have to go to each tavern, defeat each animatronic, releasing the young pirates' spirits from them, and finally team up with them to defeat the witchdoctor. To me this concept sounds easily doable without having to make it a nightmare. Besides, we're already used to being attacked by the Armada so how is this that much different?
Not to mention the horrible death threats in wizards by evil people

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
I never got to the 6th night... because I was too scared. Sorry but thats just too much. This is family friendly, not horror.

Catherine Read- Lvl 65

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Ryanbold2 on Mar 3, 2015 wrote:
Know My post may have been a little mean but you do realize there should not be anything like what you said. I'm sorry i made you upset mate. Now 5 nights a freddys is not scary to me really and i have no problem with the game at all, but there is really no point and having possessed animatronics in this game it has nothing to do with pirates at all. I'm not saying its a dumb idea I'm saying its not good for pirate101. Sorry if I insulted you mate!
It was just your opinion mate, no hard feelings. I reread what I first wrote and agree that some things were a bit iffy and should have been revised and clarified a bit. This idea was stirring in my head for about a month and I was just able to post on boards again; and I'll admit that after that sorta time I don't really take immediate disapproval all that well when I think of something in depth like that. But not everything in P101 has to do with pirates, I mean we were playing in an old western theme for a good chunk of the book. Plus this "Five Nights event" could have some relevance: just shows that an attacking robot can have more to it than meets the eye, hmmm?

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
Serpent10611 on Mar 4, 2015 wrote:
It was just your opinion mate, no hard feelings. I reread what I first wrote and agree that some things were a bit iffy and should have been revised and clarified a bit. This idea was stirring in my head for about a month and I was just able to post on boards again; and I'll admit that after that sorta time I don't really take immediate disapproval all that well when I think of something in depth like that. But not everything in P101 has to do with pirates, I mean we were playing in an old western theme for a good chunk of the book. Plus this "Five Nights event" could have some relevance: just shows that an attacking robot can have more to it than meets the eye, hmmm?
this is a intresting idea mate i kind of like it just imagine us fighting spirts like that XD anyway my only problem is would the creators of the game be mad though? thats my only worry but i kind of like the freaky idea

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
warrior021u on Mar 4, 2015 wrote:
this is a intresting idea mate i kind of like it just imagine us fighting spirts like that XD anyway my only problem is would the creators of the game be mad though? thats my only worry but i kind of like the freaky idea
Important that you should mention that, though I'm not really sure what the creator's take would be on it. As far as I know from skimming the web, he has allowed other people to make parody games of it; I've seen it themed as Spongebob, Mario, Mickey Mouse, even one where you can walk around through the building (there are other ones but I can't remember what they were exactly). I'm not sure if those other creators had to get special permission first before making the parody games but...hold on...I just searched how many parodies were made, apparently there may have been around 217 fan games made based off Five Nights at Freddy's; so I'm guessing he doesn't have a problem with it, but it can't have have the same name or be misleading as part of the real game series. I also just search what the line was between a parody/homage and a ripoff; this is the best answer I could find:
"Other answers seem to be looking at this from a legalstandpoint, but it sounds like you are talking more conceptually.First, note that Parody and Homage are two very different categories; in the former case you're ridiculing the game's weaknesses, in the latter celebrating its strengths.
I would say in either case, the question of when you cross the line to "just another ripoff clone" is answered by whether your game adds anything new to the discussion.
For a parody, your game should not just be copying another game's mechanics, but it should be engineered to point out the flaws in the original in a way that the original game does not. For example, a parody of an old-school CRPG might not only have the player do a meaningless treadmill-grind for XP, but constantly remind them of how meaningless this is and how the game is just artificially increasing their required play time. Or it might eliminate the grind entirely, shortening the entire epic 40-hour experience to five minutes. In either case, the original game's mechanics are selectively copied (or not) to showcase a weakness with the form. To tell whether you are successful, I suppose a worthwhile question would be, "after playing this parody do you feel different about playing the original game?"
For an homage, you should be taking the original game further, improving it in some meaningful way. Here the question would be, "what reason is there to play this homage game, rather than playing the original?" and you should have a good answer!"

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
Serpent10611 on Mar 2, 2015 wrote:

Why would you even... Well, there is an alternative way. The story would be changed so young kids do not get frightened, since FNaF is a horror game with a disturbing backstory. (No need for the sixth tavern representing the 6th night, since there's only five animatronics. I would name them all but I don't want to creep out all the people here) For some apparent reason it's really hard to express what I think about this - so hard to put in a sentence, so I'm just gonna go blibber-blabbing around the place.

1. I don't think Kingsisle would want to become one of them who makes a fan made game of FNaF.
Plus, if they did, (doubt it to the fullest!) parents may disapprove and not allow their kids to play the game anymore.

2. Voices voices!
Yeah, you heard right. Their voices! (2spooky4me) It would be hard to get an appropriate voice for the animatronics, especially Bonnie the Bunny and Chica the Chicken. If you properly know FNaF, you know the sounds Bonnie and Chica make. Raspy breath noises. Squeaky voice for them - not gonna work out for spirits. Scary voice for them - gonna scare kids.

I could go on, but I have to eat and I'll get kicked out of the message boards if I idle on this post. How did all these posts get approved anyway?

Insincere Iris, level 63

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
KatherineDragonBla... on Mar 5, 2015 wrote:
Why would you even... Well, there is an alternative way. The story would be changed so young kids do not get frightened, since FNaF is a horror game with a disturbing backstory. (No need for the sixth tavern representing the 6th night, since there's only five animatronics. I would name them all but I don't want to creep out all the people here) For some apparent reason it's really hard to express what I think about this - so hard to put in a sentence, so I'm just gonna go blibber-blabbing around the place.

1. I don't think Kingsisle would want to become one of them who makes a fan made game of FNaF.
Plus, if they did, (doubt it to the fullest!) parents may disapprove and not allow their kids to play the game anymore.

2. Voices voices!
Yeah, you heard right. Their voices! (2spooky4me) It would be hard to get an appropriate voice for the animatronics, especially Bonnie the Bunny and Chica the Chicken. If you properly know FNaF, you know the sounds Bonnie and Chica make. Raspy breath noises. Squeaky voice for them - not gonna work out for spirits. Scary voice for them - gonna scare kids.

I could go on, but I have to eat and I'll get kicked out of the message boards if I idle on this post. How did all these posts get approved anyway?

Insincere Iris, level 63
Forgive me if I'm wrong, but what I'm getting at is that you might not have read all I've tried revising for this.
1. KI made parodies of things that happened in history, movies, Dr. Who, and even gave us pirates homage in W101. I'm thinking they would at least consider it.
2. I've heard raspy voices before in W101, hardly that scary, and we're obviously not gonna have the same animatronics. Besides, we're already used to waging war against an entire empire of robots out to destroy us, how are animatronics with spirits attached to them any scarier?
and
3. For the third or forth time, I'm not saying "put Five Nights at Freddy's in P101", NO!!! That would just be a terrible idea.I'm saying take a popular horror game, play around with the plot, and make a cleaner homage of it so that everybody can enjoy it without fear of nightmares. It could be like a Halloween event or something. And as I keep saying, the idea of animatronics coming to life has been used before; it's not a new concept. Heck, with so much speculation on the Armada, the concept might have already been used all along.
I'm sorry if I'm sounding rude to you, I'm just starting to feel like I'm going in circles explaining this.

Lieutenant
Jun 20, 2013
My little brother (only 5 years old!!!) and my sister, at the y, watched somebody play it!! then, levi started watching fnaf videos all over the place!!! it took me like, a whole month to get him to stop!!! and, he had nightmares.( i didn't mostly because i think more about games like the legends of zelda,digimon, super smash bros 3ds(have super smash 3ds)and dantdm.

but i think i;m trailing, so head this thought (cough.. cough...)

Petty Officer
Jul 18, 2012
Your idea is pretty creative, but that game is way to dark for this game. I'm surprised Kingsisle even let this on to the message boards! Plus there is no place for these taverns to be located. It would traumatize young children! And Me!

-Stormy Oliver Zabra Level 65

Petty Officer
Feb 27, 2009
anecorbie on Mar 3, 2015 wrote:
Animatronics possessed by unhappy ( if not evil ) spirits? Correct if I'm wrong but don't we already have animatronic-like beings attacking us? ( x cough x Armada x cough x ). That game is too violent and just plain sick for Pirate101.
I agree, after a friend on mine on a bus I usually take, he plays the game a lot and explained to me what it's about. I don't know if the younger section of the crowd is ready to be attacked by animatronics with the bodies of children in them *shivers*.

Quentin Davenport, lvl 65

Marcus Davenport, lvl 42

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Coyle Thundershard on Mar 11, 2015 wrote:
Your idea is pretty creative, but that game is way to dark for this game. I'm surprised Kingsisle even let this on to the message boards! Plus there is no place for these taverns to be located. It would traumatize young children! And Me!

-Stormy Oliver Zabra Level 65
I'm sorry, but I'm getting the feeling that people are only reading the first post and nothing else I wrote, otherwise I wouldn't have to keep explaining this over and over again. I'm requesting for a much, much cleaner parody be made as an event for P101, NOT put the actual game in it!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry but this is really getting just plain irritating. I've explained three or four times that I wasn't asking for an on-the-dot copy of that horror game to be put in P101 but no one seems to be listening to me or they don't even bother to scroll down that far. I'm not trying to talk down to anyone here, I'm just tired of having to explain the same thing over and over and.......

Ensign
Feb 17, 2009
Best Story Ever 5 nights @ Freddy's! The Creepy pasta Story's on YouTube are Awesome as well! I'm Hoping for a Movie or TV Show

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Serpent10611 on Mar 11, 2015 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I'm getting the feeling that people are only reading the first post and nothing else I wrote, otherwise I wouldn't have to keep explaining this over and over again. I'm requesting for a much, much cleaner parody be made as an event for P101, NOT put the actual game in it!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry but this is really getting just plain irritating. I've explained three or four times that I wasn't asking for an on-the-dot copy of that horror game to be put in P101 but no one seems to be listening to me or they don't even bother to scroll down that far. I'm not trying to talk down to anyone here, I'm just tired of having to explain the same thing over and over and.......
Feel so bad for this stuff you have to deal with mate