Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More class trainer power quests?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
After completing the second of the pirates' class trainer choice's quest that gives them an exclusive Power at level 25, I was thinking that there would be more like these, but through leveling up, I found that there aren't more like these, currently. I would expect more mid-to-higher level powers learned from class trainer of choice quests to help in our adventures.

Normally, Wizard101 traditionally gives out higher ranked damage spells through certain levels, though that changed after certain updates, but I would presume that there would be a familiar tradition like that to follow in P101, only with new different Powers rather than upgraded versions of the currently known powers we've learned before thrown with it.

Now, I don't know of what tradition we get class trainer choice of focus power exclusive quests to gain new powers, but I had figured that they would be for about every 10 levels after the first set of these quests & onward, even after we learn more powers after we get more new powers from every 2 to 3 levels after level 52.

P101 team, I ask you this, would we continue to have sets of class trainer of choice power exclusive quests through the same tradition after level 25? I would really like to train more new class of choice powers & endure more adventures our trainers will place us through to get them in these kind of quests!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, there's hardly anything from our class trainers to give through mid-to-high levels after level 25, that is to say, quests that award Pirates new powers that they can only get from these quests, other than the many trainable powers & talents given through numerous levels. It feels like there's almost hardly anything that could help Pirates get past enemies & bosses at mid & high levels... almost, not completely.

Wizard101's class professors traditionally give out quests that award Wizards new spells at select levels & that helps them get through their adventures. That kind of tradition did carry on into Pirate101, but that didn't get continued on after level 25.

If we continue to get more class trainer quests that award new powers after level 25, it would be really great. What do you think of this, Pirates?

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
I like that idea! My Buck got one at level 15 and 25. Not another one from my trainer since not counting quests from other trainers. There was not class trainer quests at all in Marleybone and Aquila. It would be interesting to do those old quests again to gain new powers!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ryanbold2 on Feb 25, 2015 wrote:
I like that idea! My Buck got one at level 15 and 25. Not another one from my trainer since not counting quests from other trainers. There was not class trainer quests at all in Marleybone and Aquila. It would be interesting to do those old quests again to gain new powers!
You mean the non-class trainer quests that award companion training points, but, still, you're right. We should have more class trainer choice quests that should award new powers. My Swashbuckler only got one at level 15 & 25. No doubt others that have had finished their class trainer choice quests after level 25 would want more new quests that award new powers. I'm sure that if they would like to do so, the P101 team would probably go back to add more new class trainer choice quests that award more new powers & make that tradition carry on after level 65, once the level cap gets raised again, of course. We still need something to have for mid-to-high level Pirates!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Using Wizard101 is a poor example of how to get exclusive powers. Those 'spell quests' are a hassle and a pain, first off they frequently have OP bosses with ridiculous cheats, so that's its impossible to finish the quest until you have raised your level sufficiently to beat them! Which kind of defeats the purpose for them in the first place.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 26, 2015 wrote:
Using Wizard101 is a poor example of how to get exclusive powers. Those 'spell quests' are a hassle and a pain, first off they frequently have OP bosses with ridiculous cheats, so that's its impossible to finish the quest until you have raised your level sufficiently to beat them! Which kind of defeats the purpose for them in the first place.
Some of them may be, but they've given them numerous Crowns Shop items, like elixirs, to help them finish these quests, which are not truly impossible. Sure Wizards have to be at a proper level to complete them, but not all of them have to be a total pain. It depends on which school of magic Wizards are enrolled in. The purpose of that isn't really self-defeating. They were sure they had to make them challenging yet fair enough for Wizards that have reached certain levels. & that makes them worth obtaining new spells in the class choices they picked.

Regardless, the point is that we should continue to have class trainer choice quests that award new powers to help Pirates get through the mid & high level content. I'm sure they will make them fair & challenging enough for Pirates at mid to higher levels to complete these quests.

Besides, there are plenty of places that could be good sites for boss encounters on these kind of quests only. And remember, we have our recruited companion units to help us, so soloing them won't be a real pain after all. Still, if there is such a need to team up with other pirates that are of the same class choice during these quests, fret not, I did request for player class based entry sigils to help them get through the boss encounters in these kind of quests not too long ago.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Feb 27, 2015 wrote:
Some of them may be, but they've given them numerous Crowns Shop items, like elixirs, to help them finish these quests, which are not truly impossible. Sure Wizards have to be at a proper level to complete them, but not all of them have to be a total pain. It depends on which school of magic Wizards are enrolled in. The purpose of that isn't really self-defeating. They were sure they had to make them challenging yet fair enough for Wizards that have reached certain levels. & that makes them worth obtaining new spells in the class choices they picked.

Regardless, the point is that we should continue to have class trainer choice quests that award new powers to help Pirates get through the mid & high level content. I'm sure they will make them fair & challenging enough for Pirates at mid to higher levels to complete these quests.

Besides, there are plenty of places that could be good sites for boss encounters on these kind of quests only. And remember, we have our recruited companion units to help us, so soloing them won't be a real pain after all. Still, if there is such a need to team up with other pirates that are of the same class choice during these quests, fret not, I did request for player class based entry sigils to help them get through the boss encounters in these kind of quests not too long ago.
To be fair, you do have a point that P101 trainer's quests are easier to complete, but we shouldn't have to buy an elixir or a henchman to complete a quest that is to give us a needed spell ( however this should be addressed in the W101 forums. )
I do hope more trainer quests are coming, even cross trainer requests for training points or tomes.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Feb 27, 2015 wrote:
To be fair, you do have a point that P101 trainer's quests are easier to complete, but we shouldn't have to buy an elixir or a henchman to complete a quest that is to give us a needed spell ( however this should be addressed in the W101 forums. )
I do hope more trainer quests are coming, even cross trainer requests for training points or tomes.
So do I. The class trainers have so much more stories to tell & more tougher lessons they should be teaching higher leveled Pirates. Who says their power exclusive quests should only stop at level 25? We all could still need something to train at higher levels to get by the higher level content.