Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Posted signs for our Pirates' Homes, idea

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hi everyone, I just had this idea that I thought would make decorating our homes a bit more fun and personalized.

Have you ever had a vision while accumulating house décor? A vision in which you saw a certain area of your pirate's home transforming into a neat little intellectual library, or critter courtyard, or Cool Ranch-y campsite, or spooky graveyard, or hall of statues, or cozy kitchen, or thunderous cannon battlements, or melodious music room, or treasure trove of pirate goodies, or.............................

Well, I know that I sure have and I also certainly have turned a few corners of my pirate's home into some of these places. It is always fun and rewarding to acquire the Spiral's many fantastic housing décor items and to see these places transform and take on a life of their own and equally fun when friends come over and 'ooh and ahh' over your hard work and vision.

To further this feeling of accomplishment I was thinking, 'wouldn't it be nice if we could put up a display or signpost that labels certain areas of our homes. Just so that our pirate buddies could come over read our personalized signs and instantly get the idea of what we were going for. I have had over a dozen friends over at once and surely we don't all stick together, as many go off and 'explore' the grounds and halls on their own. So, I thought it would be nice if they came across a room in our home or courtyard area outside and could read a sign that gives a nice name to those areas.

Names like Cozy Courtyard, Haunted Halls, The Spooky Retreat, The Artful Gallery, Captain's Quarters, The Pirate's Nook, Serenity Farms, The Bountiful Gardens, Critter Corner, The Petting Zoo, Animal Farm, Swashbuckler's Paradise, Home Sweet Home, The Ghastly Graves, The Lovely Library, The Music Room ..............and so on and so on.

I was thinking of a naming system like the one we use when we name our pirates. There could be 3 options to choose from with all KI approved words and adjectives of course. We could purchase a detailed 'Sign Post' from a world Vendor and then have the option to customize it based on the 3-word variable options. Then we could place the sign outside or near our cleverly created areas for our visitors to view at there leisure. Maybe there could even be banners with their own word combo choices that can be purchased for our dock areas that can create a up to a 3 word greeting or description of our home. Something like 'Welcome Scurvy Pirates', 'A Pirate's Paradise', 'Cozy Cove', 'The Lion's Den', 'Hail Landlubbers', 'Enjoy Your Stay', 'Wipe Your Feet', 'No Weapons Allowed'......and so on and so on.

Not sure if it could be done, but just thought it would add a nice personal flair to our pirate getaways and be a neat way our friends could experience our homes.

Developer
That is a neat idea, I will look into this soon.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
Hi everyone, I just had this idea that I thought would make decorating our homes a bit more fun and personalized.

Have you ever had a vision while accumulating house décor? A vision in which you saw a certain area of your pirate's home transforming into a neat little intellectual library, or critter courtyard, or Cool Ranch-y campsite, or spooky graveyard, or hall of statues, or cozy kitchen, or thunderous cannon battlements, or melodious music room, or treasure trove of pirate goodies, or.............................

Well, I know that I sure have and I also certainly have turned a few corners of my pirate's home into some of these places. It is always fun and rewarding to acquire the Spiral's many fantastic housing décor items and to see these places transform and take on a life of their own and equally fun when friends come over and 'ooh and ahh' over your hard work and vision.

To further this feeling of accomplishment I was thinking, 'wouldn't it be nice if we could put up a display or signpost that labels certain areas of our homes. Just so that our pirate buddies could come over read our personalized signs and instantly get the idea of what we were going for. I have had over a dozen friends over at once and surely we don't all stick together, as many go off and 'explore' the grounds and halls on their own. So, I thought it would be nice if they came across a room in our home or courtyard area outside and could read a sign that gives a nice name to those areas.

Names like Cozy Courtyard, Haunted Halls, The Spooky Retreat, The Artful Gallery, Captain's Quarters, The Pirate's Nook, Serenity Farms, The Bountiful Gardens, Critter Corner, The Petting Zoo, Animal Farm, Swashbuckler's Paradise, Home Sweet Home, The Ghastly Graves, The Lovely Library, The Music Room ..............and so on and so on.

I was thinking of a naming system like the one we use when we name our pirates. There could be 3 options to choose from with all KI approved words and adjectives of course. We could purchase a detailed 'Sign Post' from a world Vendor and then have the option to customize it based on the 3-word variable options. Then we could place the sign outside or near our cleverly created areas for our visitors to view at there leisure. Maybe there could even be banners with their own word combo choices that can be purchased for our dock areas that can create a up to a 3 word greeting or description of our home. Something like 'Welcome Scurvy Pirates', 'A Pirate's Paradise', 'Cozy Cove', 'The Lion's Den', 'Hail Landlubbers', 'Enjoy Your Stay', 'Wipe Your Feet', 'No Weapons Allowed'......and so on and so on.

Not sure if it could be done, but just thought it would add a nice personal flair to our pirate getaways and be a neat way our friends could experience our homes.
Great idea Let's not forget "Crew Quarters" or "Companion's Cave" or something fun.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Mr. Trelawny on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
That is a neat idea, I will look into this soon.
Oh wow, thank you Mr. Trelawny

Even if unable to do, I really appreciate the reply and the looking into it. I sure would enjoy being able to give a funny, clever or piratey type of name to the various 'nooks and crannies' of my many homes.

It's still pretty amazing to me that you folks at KI actually respond back and consider our ideas....for that we thank you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:
Great idea Let's not forget "Crew Quarters" or "Companion's Cave" or something fun.
Oh yes Chrissy, there would have to be some funny and/or punny types of naming to be done. I was thinking about a spot in the courtyard with a nice fountain, a lone grave and bench (with a few flowers)....I think a name fitting of a place such as this could be 'The Private Tear'.

And many other names crossed my mind too, such as: Admiral's Annex, The Monkey Bar, Critter Café, Hallowed Halls, The Flowing Mug, Leapin' Lizards (where we could put a bunch of DinoLizards and Chameleons), Buckaroo Cantina, The Loft, The Brig, The Crabby Courtyard, The Litter Box, The Cat's Meow, Forbidden Fields......

With a system similar to the Pirate naming process, the combinations could be plentiful-- with lots of fun possibilities to be thrown into the mix.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 19, 2014 wrote:

To be fair Valkoor,you've seen my library and you've seen my collection of permanent residents so to speak.
And of course,as for the signs,a very famous quote from Dante Aligheri's Inferno is:Laschiate ogni speranza,voi chentrate''

Abandon all hope,ye who enter here.

Keep in mind,I can't speak italian.

Anyways,love your ideas,and love the way you present it!(with the ooo,and ah,and oh,and...)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Nov 20, 2014 wrote:
To be fair Valkoor,you've seen my library and you've seen my collection of permanent residents so to speak.
And of course,as for the signs,a very famous quote from Dante Aligheri's Inferno is:Laschiate ogni speranza,voi chentrate''

Abandon all hope,ye who enter here.

Keep in mind,I can't speak italian.

Anyways,love your ideas,and love the way you present it!(with the ooo,and ah,and oh,and...)
Oh yes, I certainly have seen your fine Hoodoo-y estates, Felix and you surely have some ideal spots for just this sort of 'here's your sign' system.

In fact, it's homes like yours, and many others out there, that got me thinking that this would be a neat idea. You surely had a vision when you started putting your place together and nice, creative signs for all of your Spiral buddies to read, would really be a great way to convey your original idea upon starting the whole decorating process. It would be fun to read what others posted and came up with.

And that Aligheri quote sure would make a perfect sign for your lair. Although it does seem to match the décor and the Hoodoo theme, but surely not the personality behind the friendly owner and decorator.

And don't worry, unless it is a food item........I can't speak or read Italian either!

Well, I suppose Lamborghini, Ferrari and Bugatti are a couple of rare exceptions.

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Nov 21, 2014 wrote:
Oh yes, I certainly have seen your fine Hoodoo-y estates, Felix and you surely have some ideal spots for just this sort of 'here's your sign' system.

In fact, it's homes like yours, and many others out there, that got me thinking that this would be a neat idea. You surely had a vision when you started putting your place together and nice, creative signs for all of your Spiral buddies to read, would really be a great way to convey your original idea upon starting the whole decorating process. It would be fun to read what others posted and came up with.

And that Aligheri quote sure would make a perfect sign for your lair. Although it does seem to match the décor and the Hoodoo theme, but surely not the personality behind the friendly owner and decorator.

And don't worry, unless it is a food item........I can't speak or read Italian either!

Well, I suppose Lamborghini, Ferrari and Bugatti are a couple of rare exceptions.
A lot of stuff match my house but not my personality.And it's not like it's a ''All Hail Hamakala'' sign or anything.

And yes, I know you are a master of food.

Now,onto the actual matter at hand(it'd be thread hijacking if this thread turned into a constant yammering about food)

I love the ideas VoV(dang,that is a fun name!Oops,getting off topic again)...and obviously all three of my houses have many spots that deserve it.If it makes into the game(and I don't see why not) then I'd be very happy.

Now,I haven't seen you in-game in about a month.Although,no one has seen me up until my five minute conversation with Esperanza the other night.

Blessings and GIggles on you!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Hoodoo Master on Nov 22, 2014 wrote:
A lot of stuff match my house but not my personality.And it's not like it's a ''All Hail Hamakala'' sign or anything.

And yes, I know you are a master of food.

Now,onto the actual matter at hand(it'd be thread hijacking if this thread turned into a constant yammering about food)

I love the ideas VoV(dang,that is a fun name!Oops,getting off topic again)...and obviously all three of my houses have many spots that deserve it.If it makes into the game(and I don't see why not) then I'd be very happy.

Now,I haven't seen you in-game in about a month.Although,no one has seen me up until my five minute conversation with Esperanza the other night.

Blessings and GIggles on you!
LOL- ''All Hail Hamakala''....it most certainly isn't that devilish, but that being said I have never witnessed anything but kindness and consideration from the likes of thy Hoodoo Master, shhh-- I won't tell anyone (oops, to late).

So, even "abandon all hope, ye who enter here" is, in my eyes, a sinister stray from the Felix that I am familiar with. (sorry the 'italics' is acting up, so you will have to stare at leaning letters for the duration of this post- talk about The Leaning Tower of Typzza...oi!)

And hey I would love to be hijacked by some glorious food!

You sure do have many clever and deserving 'sign-fitting spots' at your estates and I would surely love to see what you conjured up...if this makes it into the game.

Yep, you got me. I have been very scarce to be seen in the Spiral lately. Things have been so busy these days with the critter crew and work crew, and I mostly have time to take a quick jump in-game, feed some critters, train some critters and collect from tasks. I do this twice a day and on a very rare occasion, I tackle a quick farm attempt here and there. I'll be getting more time though, now that it is dark here by 5pm.....only so much hammering I can do in the dark- Yeooooowchh!!! Also, baseball season and a couple of my son's other extra curricular activities have come to end or soon will be, so my time should be freed up a wee bit-- that is until the next real-life adventure or activity kicks in.

I'll keep a watchful eye out for you in the near future and if you see me on, feel free to pop in, anytime.

Blessings and Giggles to you as well, Felix and thank you!