Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tower of Moo Manchu Glitch

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I was doing the tower this morning with four players. We used Find a Team to get in.
One player drank the potion then had to leave right after the nefarious 5. At that point I left the tower to clear some room in my backpack. Then the remaining players started the Terra Cotta fight while I was selling.

Player two then fled when things got hard and that left me and one other player left. I ran back up the tower and got to the fight and after a very long fight we finally prevailed. After the fight we both saw our goal say to "Find Moo Manchu". I left to heal my companions an he left to sell.

I got back to the tower first and the Terracotta Warriors were still on the floor, just like the fight never happened. I double checked my quest progress and it indeed said to find Moo, not the Terracotta Warriors. I, of course, tried to go around them and that didn't work and I was faced with 8 warriors. By the time Samuel got to me I was dead and they took him out too. We finally fled to restart the tower.

To get that close.....
We were actually gonna try to do Moo with just the two of us to see if it could be done with the new changes but two of us against all those terra cotta were just too much.
Hopefully this will not glitch this way again. I tried to put down all the variables.
We just stopped sometime between 7:30 and 8:00 this morning.
Happy bug catching.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Should one be able to teleport out of the tower and port back in to be able to heal or sell? Sounds like a loophole to me. Maybe because you did this it somehow caused a glitch. Just a theory.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Sep 8, 2014 wrote:
Should one be able to teleport out of the tower and port back in to be able to heal or sell? Sounds like a loophole to me. Maybe because you did this it somehow caused a glitch. Just a theory.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
This happens between the floors of the battles. It's not like the flee loop-hope. We now have a dungeon recall option ( not a mark ).

Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
Hey yo! I was there and I can confirm this. I think the glitch we caught has something to do about fleeing. After the Nefarious fight one of our ally had to leave. (I just hope he wasn't there for Badge only, since he wanted to drink the potion! How nefarious!)

Anyway, we proceeded next. Guy named Jesse entered the 9th floor and went to fight Terror Exploding Clay Cow Warriors. Meanwhile Chrissy went to revive her companions and I joined Jesse after I sold some items. He was about to die already and maybe it was second turn of the battle.

Eventually after I joined back, Chrissy came to us too. In perhaps two turns later Jessie fled, with hope to come back, but... I report this in the new topic.

So me and Chrissy fighting the Terror Cows and after hard work we win. We get goal to go to the 10th floor and face Moo. But unfortunately in 9th floor, after fight, magically appeared three standing Terror Cows, and simply I could call that 9th floor just reset, while our goal updated to proceed to the next floor, where Moo is bored and tired waiting us.

I suspect this has to do with Jesse fleeing, and since he first joined the fight.

Samuel

Ensign
Jan 29, 2012
This happened to me as well, but slightly different. Our potion drinker left the tower (ported out, did not flee during combat) after winning the nefarious 5 fight (I really dislike that behavior!). We went on to beat level 9 with just three of us, but then paused to go back to level 5 to heal. We found that the encounter for level 9 respawned even though our quest goal had progressed to fighting Moo Manchu. We fought level 9 a second time and then finished the dungeon against Moo Manchu on level 10.

I suspect that the encounter on level 9 respawned because 1 member of our group didn't complete that fight. Not sure how to fix this. Perhaps KI could give the group the ability to boot a member from the group so the dungeon now knows there are fewer players? I'm not sure about this because I suspect this would be abused just like the players who leave after completing level 8. Perhaps a time limit could be set for returning to the dungeon (5 minutes?) after which a player could not return and the dungeon would then adjust the encounters and the number of locks on the chests for those that remain?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I haven't seen this happen yet (probably because I haven't tried the tower since it went live). From the way Chrissy described it, both the remaining Pirates went to Heal and/or unload Gold and Loot at the same time. If that is the case, maybe the Tower reset because there was no one in it at the time even though you could return to it from the same place you left it.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
I have another glitch too. I was doing the tower and I did use team up but when we finished the nefarious five me and my friend ran to the second chance chest and I don't know what happened but when I pressed x I froze and I couldn't move or jump. Same thing with my friend. The other two people with us, one was afk after the fight and the other one left for some reason. Therefore since I couldn't move I just logged out.
I don't know what happened but it was weird and if you could fix it KI that would be great because if it happens again then we wouldn't get the tower done. I could also go into my backpack and that but not move or jump.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
I haven't seen this happen yet (probably because I haven't tried the tower since it went live). From the way Chrissy described it, both the remaining Pirates went to Heal and/or unload Gold and Loot at the same time. If that is the case, maybe the Tower reset because there was no one in it at the time even though you could return to it from the same place you left it.
No it did't reset because all the lower floors were empty. Plus dungeon recall was still active.

Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
The Helpful Pirate on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
Nope, that happened this way:

1) The Nefarious Five down, we all stand where we were.
2) We went to open the four lock chest.
3) One guy that was with us, said before that he will have to leave then and so he left.
4) Chrissy went to heal companions, I stayed in the Tower, looking at my precious items or I might went to sell items, cannot remember.
5) The third guy went into the fight on the ninth floor.
6) I joined when first turn (battle cycle) was about to end.
7) Third guy seemed knocked out hardly and he was quite upset, he thought that everyone left, except me.
8) Chrissy comes.
9) Third or fourth turn. Third guy flees in hope to return.

There comes one more bug: the flee confirmation warning was not mentioning that he cannot return. So he though he can return and fled.

10) Me with Chrissy continue to fight and win.
11) Right after the battle is ended and chests open, the Terror Cotta warriors are spawned immediately. But the goal changed to proceed to Moo Manchu.

In my conclusions this has something to be with third guy or someone fleeing while in the fight, or when fleeing any fight. I would not want to try this again to reproduce bug, those Terror Cotta and frightening enough. Hehe.

Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
Ninja Phoenix123 on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
I have another glitch too. I was doing the tower and I did use team up but when we finished the nefarious five me and my friend ran to the second chance chest and I don't know what happened but when I pressed x I froze and I couldn't move or jump. Same thing with my friend. The other two people with us, one was afk after the fight and the other one left for some reason. Therefore since I couldn't move I just logged out.
I don't know what happened but it was weird and if you could fix it KI that would be great because if it happens again then we wouldn't get the tower done. I could also go into my backpack and that but not move or jump.
Is this possible we were together in this gauntlet? I am that swashbuckler named Samuel.

Yes, when we tried to open The Nefarious Five Second Chance chest, the UI did not appear and we were stuck, unable to move and perform some other actions. But this happened only once in all of my play time.

Ensign
May 19, 2012
Ninja Phoenix123 on Sep 12, 2014 wrote:
Hi Ninja.
Have you tried to port to your friend? Sometimes it works as way to unfreeze you.
But i had another problem with the tower dungeon. And my teammates that were with me then, and that was turn skipping.
Didn't press Done button and turn started again with enemy move first, in just few seconds after the previous one ended and battle board birds eye view came. We were all like .
In my opinion, worst glitch ever.
Please KI look into it. Thank you.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Strange glitch I've noticed in a few battles is that when I've chosen a companion, the companion I've chosen doesn't show up instead another ( random ) choice is made for me! I've experienced the freezing glitch also at the second chance chest. It was so bad I had log out, then I logged back in immediately, I was still in the tower & was able to progress normally. After we defeated Moo I tried the second chance chests again , there were no problems at that time.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
EllieTheSwash on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi Ninja.
Have you tried to port to your friend? Sometimes it works as way to unfreeze you.
But i had another problem with the tower dungeon. And my teammates that were with me then, and that was turn skipping.
Didn't press Done button and turn started again with enemy move first, in just few seconds after the previous one ended and battle board birds eye view came. We were all like .
No, all porting is disabled in the tower. I wish it wasn't, so that once we use dungeon recall and are back on the bottom floor, we could port to our team. It really isn't that long of a delay, just seems that way when they accidently get pulled into the next fight when you are off clearing your backpack.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
EllieTheSwash on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
Hi Ninja.
The person that got stuck with me wasn't my friend until I added him to try and port to him. Unfortunately obviously you couldn't teleport to people in this dungeon, especially this dungeon though.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Jojimbo101 on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
Is this possible we were together in this gauntlet? I am that swashbuckler named Samuel.

Yes, when we tried to open The Nefarious Five Second Chance chest, the UI did not appear and we were stuck, unable to move and perform some other actions. But this happened only once in all of my play time.
All I remember is his name was Seth or something, my character's name is Charming Chris Collins. I also don't remember if he was a swash or not, I think he was a privy.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
I've tried over 15 times to beat the Moo Manchu Tower solo even though I am kind of underleveled, gear wise, even though I'm level 65. I finally made it to the final level, then as I went to the 5th floor to heal, it said find Moo Manchu right, and then they reappear! I SOMEHOW make it past them, I join the fight with Moo Manchu and then when I fight him, my character like quick runs like in beginning of battles, he goes back downstairs and fights the terracotta horror cows! I was crying out, So close....

Petty Officer
May 21, 2008
anecorbie on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
Strange glitch I've noticed in a few battles is that when I've chosen a companion, the companion I've chosen doesn't show up instead another ( random ) choice is made for me! I've experienced the freezing glitch also at the second chance chest. It was so bad I had log out, then I logged back in immediately, I was still in the tower & was able to progress normally. After we defeated Moo I tried the second chance chests again , there were no problems at that time.
Were you clicking "Done" at the very bottom? Because this button sometimes appear sometimes not when choosing companions and whenever I click on it, it accepts it as if we left companions slots empty for game to choose for us.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
anecorbie on Sep 13, 2014 wrote:
Whenever I have done the tower that glitch hasn't really occurred to me but it seems the people I am with get different companions to the one's they've chosen.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Jojimbo101 on Sep 14, 2014 wrote:
Were you clicking "Done" at the very bottom? Because this button sometimes appear sometimes not when choosing companions and whenever I click on it, it accepts it as if we left companions slots empty for game to choose for us.
Aha! That explains it, thank you so much.
But I've just now experienced another glitch in the Tower, very like one of the glitches occurring in the Hydra's cave. The one where you are unable to move or make an action.
This happened to a team member in the fire room, for the first 2 rounds she could act normally, then all the way to last of the fight she couldn't chose her actions. That room filled with fire & we were already down a member who abandoned us at the third floor. We did survive but just barely.

Administrator
Thanks all for your reports. This definitely needs further investigation from our team. Sorry for the inconvenience.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*