Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

New animations for ongoing powers are distracting

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 14, 2011
I think the new animations (e.g. agility symbol) that appear during ongoing powers are really distracting during the game. The large, glittery icons float and turn about in front of the characters and compete for too much attention during gameplay as one is trying to calculate damage or read what special talent or power is being used by the opposition (which was brilliantly and seamlessly added in a previous game update, I must say). These new icons also interfere with the great animations that make this game fun to play and watch. I can appreciate that some players may want a visual reminder of an ongoing power during gameplay, but does anyone else agree that they should be toned down? Perhaps they can appear as a quick burst above the heads of the characters once each round, or perhaps appear as color coded aura circles around their feet. It's a good idea, but the way it is being visually represented detracts a lot from the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It would be nice if there were an option to turn them off or keep them on, so the ones who like/dislike them have the choice.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello ETCH47 and welcome to the message boards! I happen to agree and also think that the floating Attribute Symbols are a bit too much. In fact there was this other thread started about that same thing, with various opinions on the subject.

In my opinion it can be quite distracting to see so many symbols moving on the screen in the heat of the battle. Especially when your crew and the enemy are all bunched together. Plus, a lot of the pet powers have debuffing abilities, so you will get some symbols floating upwards with others floating downwards all at the same time. And if you have multiple Buffs going at the same time, then the screen can really get over populated with the floating symbols. Many players like to take screenshots and it can be tough getting good, clear shots without the symbols getting in the way.

I like to mouse over my crew and enemy anyways, in order to see what active Buffs/Debuffs are currently on the targets- this works for me as well as many others. But there are some who like that floating reminder to let them know exactly what is helping or hindering their crew and affecting the enemy. In the linked thread (there's one more out there about it as well), you'll see that there's mention of just allowing us the option of toggling the floating symbols ON/OFF. That way those who benefit from it can and those who don't wish to see them don't have to. Who knows, maybe a ON/OFF option will be added in a future update. But I agree that for my tastes, they are a bit too much and take away from the battle animations.

Again welcome to the boards and best of luck to you!