Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Higher Pet Sell Values

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Not sure if this is more a question or request for Decius or Ratbeard. I posted it here because pets are the topic of the post. I don't usually like to appear to complain or seem ungrateful because of all of the things that you all at KI do for all of us. So, this really isn't a complaint but more like a suggestion/request to help ease the burden of high morphing costs.

My question/request/question is:

Is there any way that we could get an increase in amount of gold for selling off pets?

Currently, the most that I have seen for selling my "failed attempts" at morphing a hybrid, is 1,500 gold. The cost of those attempts have averaged about 20,000. I absolutely don't mind farming for gold in the hopes of discovering a new hybrid, but it seems that we should at least be able to recoup a higher percentage of gold for all of our numerous attempts and extra pets. To recover the costs of one morphing attempt, without farming, it would take selling off over 13 of those experimental pets that didn't result in a successfully morphed hybrid. To get 13 pets to sell off to recover 1 morphing attempt would take 13+ morphs @ 20,000 gold per attempt, which equates to 260,000+ gold. Arrr you see, we be going backwards mighty fast and digging a hole that 10 people are simultaneously filling in.

I know that we can just farm to come up with that kind of gold, but that will take quite some time- especially for people like me who only get at the most an average of 30 minutes a day to play (some weeks much less). So, my thought or request would be to allow us to sell our pets for more gold. I certainly don't need 20 non-hybrid pets from unsuccessful morphing attempts, but I could surely use the gold my pirate gets for selling them. A higher sell value would make the sting of the 20,000-gold-a-pop a bit easier to bear.

I was thinking that an increase to even just 3000 would really help....5,000 would be fantastic! We still have to come up with around 15,000 but get a little more help coming up with the gold to continue our morphing efforts, by selling the ones that aren't successful.

I know that weapons we buy from the bazaar for 10,000-12,000 gold usually are sold for only about 10% of that at a vendor, but let's face it- we aren't buying 10, 15, 20, 25+ of those weapons to turn around and sell them for 1/10 of what we just paid for them.

I don't mind having to come up with the 18,000-22,000 to morph at all and I will surely keep farming for mass amounts of gold, but whatta ya say- is a higher pet sell value something that KI would be willing to consider to help out with our morphing costs?

Thank you for reading and for any reply.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Good morning, and thank you for bringing your questions and concerns to me.

Different pets sell back at different rates to merchants, but why you would want to sell any wonderful new pet you morph is beyond me! Take them to your home and let them run free. But…if you are going to part with them, I understand. Our merchants here in the Arena will hand them over to me and I will train them myself for sparring. Perhaps your pet might even battle against them someday!

As for the cost of morphing, on average, it costs half as much per attempt to morph here than it costs in that land of wands and pointy hats. That’s a half price discount, Pirates! Savings abound! With the introduction of advanced pets and advanced companion tasking there are much more efficient ways than ever to gain gold and items with little to no effort on your part.

Ratbeard also asked me to remind everyone that one of the things that used to cost quite a bit of gold was buying tomes to train your companions and now you can do that for free. This seems to work out well for both of us, please spend all your excess in Bestia!

On behalf of Hep Kat'mun and the rest of the inhabitants of Bestia, I thank you for your patronage and congratulate you on your excellent work with your pets.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
Good morning, and thank you for bringing your questions and concerns to me.

Different pets sell back at different rates to merchants, but why you would want to sell any wonderful new pet you morph is beyond me! Take them to your home and let them run free. But…if you are going to part with them, I understand. Our merchants here in the Arena will hand them over to me and I will train them myself for sparring. Perhaps your pet might even battle against them someday!

As for the cost of morphing, on average, it costs half as much per attempt to morph here than it costs in that land of wands and pointy hats. That’s a half price discount, Pirates! Savings abound! With the introduction of advanced pets and advanced companion tasking there are much more efficient ways than ever to gain gold and items with little to no effort on your part.

Ratbeard also asked me to remind everyone that one of the things that used to cost quite a bit of gold was buying tomes to train your companions and now you can do that for free. This seems to work out well for both of us, please spend all your excess in Bestia!

On behalf of Hep Kat'mun and the rest of the inhabitants of Bestia, I thank you for your patronage and congratulate you on your excellent work with your pets.
Thank you for the response Decius- a noble response from a Regal Eagle. I guess I could just bring some of them back to my home, even though I already have about 30 or more in my pirate's current home. I could spread the wealth to my other homes as well....just have to get some more newspapers!

And HOLY SCHNIKEY'S....half the cost of morphing in OZ!!! No wonder it is called The Emerald City, sounds like someone has some explaining to do. I always thought that Toto just had to be a morph of a flying monkey and a mailbox. Oh...wait...um, perhaps you meant a different land of wands and pointy hats. How could Harry let this injustice go on, where's Dumbledore.....Uh, wrong again?

Yeah, you and Ratbeard are right, you guys/gals have helped us in the gold department a lot recently.... but hey, in all fairness you can't blame me for trying, right? After all I have spent the last year living the life of a pirate!

Well Decius, my Best to ia!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Oh, I meant to ask if there was some "secret ingredient" to getting a good sell value or return on your pet? Even if I began putting many morphed pets in all of my homes, at some point I will have to resort to selling them, as 30 or more pets in each home would certainly take away from my penchant for decorating a home to the fullest.

So, without telling me and others how to get the biggest return on our investments...is there a way to help influence the amount they sell for- Yes or No is perfectly fine. I will begin Sherlock-ing if the answer is Yes. I have tried selling the pets at different normal vendors (including the ones in the pet arena) and the prices so far for all of them are the same, in respect individual pets. But I have not tried selling them in every vendor, in every corner of the Spiral. The only one that I have seen, and I have had probably some 150+ plus pets since the update (influenced by the Tribal Pack) that sells for more than 1500, was my Sabretoothed Bunny, which would have sold for 3,750 gold. Many of them only sell for 150 (some even less) gold which, compared to the 20,000 cost of morphing for them- makes the yum a little hard to swallow. So, I tend to hold on to those pets- no pirate wants to appear to be taken for a fool, right?

So, before I begin a wild goose chase in search of vendors that may pay higher gold for certain pets, would you be kind enough to tell me if there are even any wild geese in the Spiral to chase to begin with...excluding Egg Shen, of course- he's as wild as they come. Like I said, I perfectly understand and am happy with a simple Yes or No and if a Yes is given than I will gladly span the Spiral to seek out a better pay off.

Thank you in advance and keep up the amazing Petology! Even with wishing for a higher return for selling max-excess pets, I really do love every aspect of the new advanced system and am thoroughly impressed by all that you guys/gals have done to add to our pet and gaming experience.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Decius: "Ratbeard also asked me to remind everyone that one of the things that used to cost quite a bit of gold was buying tomes to train your companions and now you can do that for free."

Very true, and my crew do spend a lot of time brawling (hard on the tavern owners who have to keep buying new furniture, but the crew love it).

-Indigo