Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The annoying striped bumbaloons

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
I finally just finished the striped bumbaloons on big sky for the third time their really annoying even when I am level 26 with a crowns shop companion they annoy me but whats funny is when they attack they usually kill themselves since swashbucklers have First Strike we usually strike first when the things have like 60 Hp left. I also had the shadowdance so that's helpful but still why 8? I think 5-6 would be nice.

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Yes, i also agree. As a level 23 privateer doing this quest i found it extremely difficult. Firstly, i was underleveled as most people are around level 26 when doing this. Second, i was weak. My strongest hit was sneak attack, my strongest companion egg shen with double relentless. Even with my call to arms and bonnie's scatterblast i ended up missing the main buffaloon every hit.
They need to be seriously nerfed, reduce their dodge, reduce their critical rate and reduce their health a bit and then it'll be much easier. And maybe reduce their accuracy a bit? Make them like swashbucklers' dodge with buccaneers' accuracy. I'm not even joking, i considered quitting the game because of this quest. In 3 rounds as a privateer my companions died, leaving 3 enemies at pretty much full hp. Dont even get me started on the unfair reward amount. 8 battles for a meagre 750 xp? They could have at least made it a thousand, considering how enourmously overpowered the buffaloons are. Good luck to you though!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
You finished the quest! Congratulations! Your hard work paid off. Don't you feel good that you met the challenge? Let's move on to more! Charge!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DeathWiz101378 on Feb 5, 2014 wrote:
Yes, i also agree. As a level 23 privateer doing this quest i found it extremely difficult. Firstly, i was underleveled as most people are around level 26 when doing this. Second, i was weak. My strongest hit was sneak attack, my strongest companion egg shen with double relentless. Even with my call to arms and bonnie's scatterblast i ended up missing the main buffaloon every hit.
They need to be seriously nerfed, reduce their dodge, reduce their critical rate and reduce their health a bit and then it'll be much easier. And maybe reduce their accuracy a bit? Make them like swashbucklers' dodge with buccaneers' accuracy. I'm not even joking, i considered quitting the game because of this quest. In 3 rounds as a privateer my companions died, leaving 3 enemies at pretty much full hp. Dont even get me started on the unfair reward amount. 8 battles for a meagre 750 xp? They could have at least made it a thousand, considering how enourmously overpowered the buffaloons are. Good luck to you though!
In the May 2013 Newsletter, our One-Eyed Jack give some really helpful tips on handling these hairy hunks of hot air. I re read his tips every time one of my younger pirates goes through this quest and I sail right through them with very little stress. One thing I do to make it a bit easier is to not do any buffaloons until I get the striped quest. By then my pirate is a bit older and stronger and while I am focused on getting the striped ones, all the other quests are taken care of at the same time. With the exception of one quest in the Cooper's Roost Skyway instead of Big Sky, but those are weaker ones so when I go back to do them, they seem easy after the striped bumballoons. They really do not need to be nerfed. This is one of the first challenges that the game gives you to teach you to change how you fight. You cannot just keep doing what you have been doing and succeed with the bosses and challenges that are going to start getting tougher. If they nerfed them then you wouldn't learn the lesson of studying what the skills are in your opponent and adjusting your fight style to counter it. This lesson and ability to change how you tackle your tasks will be one of the very things that will make you a stronger and wiser pirate.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Feb 6, 2014 wrote:
In the May 2013 Newsletter, our One-Eyed Jack give some really helpful tips on handling these hairy hunks of hot air. I re read his tips every time one of my younger pirates goes through this quest and I sail right through them with very little stress. One thing I do to make it a bit easier is to not do any buffaloons until I get the striped quest. By then my pirate is a bit older and stronger and while I am focused on getting the striped ones, all the other quests are taken care of at the same time. With the exception of one quest in the Cooper's Roost Skyway instead of Big Sky, but those are weaker ones so when I go back to do them, they seem easy after the striped bumballoons. They really do not need to be nerfed. This is one of the first challenges that the game gives you to teach you to change how you fight. You cannot just keep doing what you have been doing and succeed with the bosses and challenges that are going to start getting tougher. If they nerfed them then you wouldn't learn the lesson of studying what the skills are in your opponent and adjusting your fight style to counter it. This lesson and ability to change how you tackle your tasks will be one of the very things that will make you a stronger and wiser pirate.
I used logan ( I bought him from crown shop XD) and two gun ringo the horse guy for swashbucklers when twon gun ringo had like 10 health he was blocking like crazy and that got me the last one.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
witchdoctor of awe... on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
I used logan ( I bought him from crown shop XD) and two gun ringo the horse guy for swashbucklers when twon gun ringo had like 10 health he was blocking like crazy and that got me the last one.
Congrats. Sounds like you used good sound tips and great reasoning.