Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why I dont use el toro in pvp

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
1. He gets dodge to much and he has max accuracy
2. Dies to fast mostly when going against a musketeer
3. Low health
4. He gets in the way of everything
5. People focus on him with range attacks which he can not block or dodge
Just my opinion why people seem to forget about him in pvp

Captain
May 13, 2011
he can be good too. in one battle one toro and my kobe was in a duel. they kept blocking and it was like 10 hits and blocks until kobe finally hit and KOd toro

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
David percy on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
1. He gets dodge to much and he has max accuracy
2. Dies to fast mostly when going against a musketeer
3. Low health
4. He gets in the way of everything
5. People focus on him with range attacks which he can not block or dodge
Just my opinion why people seem to forget about him in pvp
Kinda agree, but he has that buff, so it's like i have to use him. What class are you? His dodge (if you use his buff) combined with dodgy 4 is 180, which is much more than bonnie's accuracy (or zeena, or even nausica's for that matter).
His health is the main issue, and they really need to give him more. He maxes out at 1947 i think, which is pathetic considering bonnie has 2770 (around that).
The same goes with all swashbuckler companions, that's why they aren't used in pvp. But as a max Swashbuckler i have to use him since my dodge goes to 190 when i use his buff, so i can dodge almost any unit. It's a good strategy and seems to always work out (Kill the pirate, dodge the companions).
Other than all those things, he's a pretty good companion, with relentless. Also he's a buccaneer killer so it's always good to have him against a goronado or hawkules even.
He'd only get dodged by a privateer with Battle Zeal or Espirit de corps.
On the whole, el toro isn't a great companion to have in pvp, but it's as if you have to use him due to espirit de corps.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
WHAT! he is a pvp master with riposte and high dodge he can stop a relentless streak and switch it back to them i epic crew at max lvl has el toro in it and he gets 2 other promotions and loks cool

Petty Officer
Jul 22, 2013
Hmm I guess he isn't horrible but he isn't my favorite.
I still use him in the storyline.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 3, 2014 wrote:
WHAT! he is a pvp master with riposte and high dodge he can stop a relentless streak and switch it back to them i epic crew at max lvl has el toro in it and he gets 2 other promotions and loks cool
El Toro only has one promotion.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
BrownBeard094 on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
El Toro only has one promotion.
Oh I think there should be 2 who agrees with me

Captain
May 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 5, 2014 wrote:
Oh I think there should be 2 who agrees with me
would "masked legend" be a good title for that?

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Are you reading my mind? I was thinking about the exact same thing! Masked Hero, Masked Champion and now Maksed Legend!

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
I personally just find el toro overrated, and if you can focus him down fast enough then he just becomes one less pest to deal with. His buff is handy yes, but I've beaten many a toro before in pvp without having to resort to using his buff and fighting against other espirit de corps users as well.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 6, 2014 wrote:
Yes perfect his new critical would be a horn charge please I haven't gotten him so don't complain that's it's already a critical if it is lol but yeah he would charge with his horns and sword

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
DeathWiz101378 on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
Are you reading my mind? I was thinking about the exact same thing! Masked Hero, Masked Champion and now Maksed Legend!
I think this is a very high possibility, and considering el toro is really good, he needs to be handled carefully too. Masked Legend seems to be the perfect continuation from masked champion.
I secretly don't want his new epic to be battle zeal. If a privateer stacks thier own battle zeal alongside El toro's, it would be chaos. I think all he should get in the new promo is elusive 1, a mega and super critical card, and 1 extra epic.

If he ever continues to get another promotion (Masked Guardian?), he should replace his super critical with epic critical, get elusive 2 and maybe an extra epic, as well as a wind spirit buff.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Golden Guardian on Jan 23, 2014 wrote:
I think this is a very high possibility, and considering el toro is really good, he needs to be handled carefully too. Masked Legend seems to be the perfect continuation from masked champion.
I secretly don't want his new epic to be battle zeal. If a privateer stacks thier own battle zeal alongside El toro's, it would be chaos. I think all he should get in the new promo is elusive 1, a mega and super critical card, and 1 extra epic.

If he ever continues to get another promotion (Masked Guardian?), he should replace his super critical with epic critical, get elusive 2 and maybe an extra epic, as well as a wind spirit buff.
We need a thread on this who wants to start it for el toro da da da da

Captain
May 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
Yes perfect his new critical would be a horn charge please I haven't gotten him so don't complain that's it's already a critical if it is lol but yeah he would charge with his horns and sword
he has no guarantee critical moves and has 3 different criticals. the first is him holding his sword pointing upward in front of him, then lashing once with his whip and finishing with 3 sword slices. at his second critical, he attaches his whip to the roof with a swing and then slashes the enemy twice. his third critical involves first holding his sword over his head, then jumping, slicing the air then striking the enemy, making a T with his sword. he then takes a rose then swings his sword, hitting both the enemy and the rose then tossing it in the air just in time for petals to fall down. does that answer your question?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 24, 2014 wrote:
he has no guarantee critical moves and has 3 different criticals. the first is him holding his sword pointing upward in front of him, then lashing once with his whip and finishing with 3 sword slices. at his second critical, he attaches his whip to the roof with a swing and then slashes the enemy twice. his third critical involves first holding his sword over his head, then jumping, slicing the air then striking the enemy, making a T with his sword. he then takes a rose then swings his sword, hitting both the enemy and the rose then tossing it in the air just in time for petals to fall down. does that answer your question?
I said don't complain if it's already a critical hit george thx for those definitions though I was thinking that could be a new critical for his masked legend promotion

Captain
May 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
I said don't complain if it's already a critical hit george thx for those definitions though I was thinking that could be a new critical for his masked legend promotion
i didnt complain. i was trying to make it clear. probably not easy to tell over the computer though

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 25, 2014 wrote:
i didnt complain. i was trying to make it clear. probably not easy to tell over the computer though
Yeah ok thanks anyway by the way I have just gotten el toro

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Do you use his buff? Secondly does he have dodgy

Captain
May 13, 2011
witchdoctor of awe... on Feb 7, 2014 wrote:
Do you use his buff? Secondly does he have dodgy
hes a swashbuckler so he should be able have dodgy talents

a good swashbuckler companion should have each of these talents

accurate
rough