Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Early request, let us donate Crowns @ Ryan's?

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
From what I saw in the very brief video clip of Ryan the Relentless' Yum-n-ade stand, it looks like (probably depending on your level) it'll cost 100-200 gold or so to refill your a yum bottle at his stand.

Normally I'm always asking that Crowns items be either purchasable for gold or farmable in game.... and I can't believe I'm about to do the opposite, lol, but that's exactly what I'd like to see here. I would LOVE to see an option to pay for yum refills with a small amount of Crowns (maybe 100 Crowns or so?), with the caveat that the money earned by the Crowns spent on this feature be donated to Make A Wish or a charity of Ryan's family's choice. I'm betting I'm not the only player who would occasionally make use of this option to give back in some small way, and this seems like a fantastic opportunity for the players to continue with the amazing example KI has set this week.

I would love for KingsIsle to take this chance to enable us to contribute via the game to a good cause (if we so choose). I realize it would be a LOT of work for your legal team to set up ongoing contributions to a charity in this way, but I think the community would take advantage of this opportunity in a BIG way.

Ensign
Jul 23, 2009
I love this idea! This could be an ongoing charity donation to Make-A-Wish or children's hospitals! Anytime KI does something for charity I know I contribute and a lot of other players do too. A good chance for the Pirate101 community to contribute to something good!

Community Leader
I'd use this frequently. And that's coming from someone who's very thrifty with crowns.

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
As someone who advocates charities (especially concerning children & animals) I could stand behind this fully.

I do agree that it should be an option so it is not a turn off to those who either don't support charities or can't afford to.

I'm not sure at this time whether it is the red health yum that would be bottled and sold. I would suggest, though, that he sell the blue yum to refill our mojo potions. Especially since he's on Skull Island and that is where our shortcut takes us. There are so few blue yum floating around & a lot of people don't/won't go to the Crowns Shop especially if they could buy the items for gold from a vendor.

I know you can buy Boost Fuel for Crowns if you aren't near a dock to get it for gold. So that option of buying for Crowns OR gold is already in place for one type of elixir/potion/refuel.

I can't wait to meet Ryan when he does make his appearance in game

~SM~

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Kindly Katherine on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
From what I saw in the very brief video clip of Ryan the Relentless' Yum-n-ade stand, it looks like (probably depending on your level) it'll cost 100-200 gold or so to refill your a yum bottle at his stand.

Normally I'm always asking that Crowns items be either purchasable for gold or farmable in game.... and I can't believe I'm about to do the opposite, lol, but that's exactly what I'd like to see here. I would LOVE to see an option to pay for yum refills with a small amount of Crowns (maybe 100 Crowns or so?), with the caveat that the money earned by the Crowns spent on this feature be donated to Make A Wish or a charity of Ryan's family's choice. I'm betting I'm not the only player who would occasionally make use of this option to give back in some small way, and this seems like a fantastic opportunity for the players to continue with the amazing example KI has set this week.

I would love for KingsIsle to take this chance to enable us to contribute via the game to a good cause (if we so choose). I realize it would be a LOT of work for your legal team to set up ongoing contributions to a charity in this way, but I think the community would take advantage of this opportunity in a BIG way.
Wow I was trying to think of something like this and hadn't figured out what would work and you figured it out first Katherine. Well done. I harrrrrrtley Yarr this and would love this to be implemented. Just like the charity mounts, I would do this in a hearrrrrrtbeat. What do you say KingsIsle?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010

That is very kindly, Katherine! I would love to do this and I would pay crowns frequently to do this. Great idea!

Community Leader

I agree 100% that this should be an option. What a great idea to give back! I hope Kingsisle is able to make this happen. Thanks for suggesting this Katherine :)

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
I would want to donate to but it's just a 100 gold. Even a low lvl can get that much gold! How about the new items they put in would be go to Ryan and his family to help him.
Hope you get better Ryan even though idk you but only through the news and the KI blog.
This is from a very respectful Pirate Jacob Freeman lvl 59 or 60
I know, I know, lvl to the max but I'll do that when the new world comes out in the Test Realm so I'm not bored. I'm gonna be farming today Ryan in Vamadia, Friar Sand's. I hope to see you there. Let's make the time 3:00 PM EST.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
SorceressMiklai on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
As someone who advocates charities (especially concerning children & animals) I could stand behind this fully.

I do agree that it should be an option so it is not a turn off to those who either don't support charities or can't afford to.

I'm not sure at this time whether it is the red health yum that would be bottled and sold. I would suggest, though, that he sell the blue yum to refill our mojo potions. Especially since he's on Skull Island and that is where our shortcut takes us. There are so few blue yum floating around & a lot of people don't/won't go to the Crowns Shop especially if they could buy the items for gold from a vendor.

I know you can buy Boost Fuel for Crowns if you aren't near a dock to get it for gold. So that option of buying for Crowns OR gold is already in place for one type of elixir/potion/refuel.

I can't wait to meet Ryan when he does make his appearance in game

~SM~
I totally agree. As my yums were all full when I checked him out I couldn't tell. Yea, we don't need a red yum filler, it happens just with time when you activate at a fountain. It's the Blue yum that we need and what I would come to SI for just to fill up on it. When I am fighting boss ships and am blessed enough to have a party of folks helping me I really need a quick way to fill the blue yum. Please oh please let that be for Blue yum n ade.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Maybe crowns could fill up your mojo and donate to Make-A-Wish for 250c?

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
I agree wholeheaaarrrrrtedly!

Ciao!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I agree it is an excellent idea, Katherine.

-Indigo

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
the whole Ryan thing just brings me to tears.
Imagine...he received eternity

yes, a percentage going to MAWF would be acceptable? like 50%?

Community Leader
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 18, 2013 wrote:
I totally agree. As my yums were all full when I checked him out I couldn't tell. Yea, we don't need a red yum filler, it happens just with time when you activate at a fountain. It's the Blue yum that we need and what I would come to SI for just to fill up on it. When I am fighting boss ships and am blessed enough to have a party of folks helping me I really need a quick way to fill the blue yum. Please oh please let that be for Blue yum n ade.
There is already mojo potion refills in the crown shop available for crowns....750ish I think? But maybe they could add another option for the Yum-n-ade stand? Maybe one that refills only one potion instead of all of them or something? Just a thought :)

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
I think it'd be good if you paid the Yum-N-Ade Stand to refill potions... and maybe you could pay crowns to play some sort of Yum-N-Ade game...
Some of the money from the crowns paid would go to the charity would be awesome... unfortunately I am too broke to pay for this kind of stuff
So why not for every 1,000,000 gold in the Yum-N-Ade Stand Kingsisle gives a buck to a charity (for a limited time only!!!), and for every 3,000 crowns given, Kingsisle also gives a buck.

Arrr that sound like a deal for two different organizations to me? Just a suggestion.

See ya in the Skyways!
Brass Leo Hornigold, Level 58 Swashbuckler

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2013

It should be 10 crowns and / or 100 coins

Administrator
This is a great idea, and we love where you’re coming from with this suggestion, unfortunately, the actual application of making this a reality would be very difficult for us to do. Instead, if you do feel like donating to the Make-A-Wish foundation in Ryan’s honor, please use the following link: https://wish.org/ways-to-help/giving/donate -- Note that you can send a Tribute Donation through this website in honor of Ryan “The Relentless” Tucker.

KingsIsle is dedicated to charitable donations and does so usually during the holiday season through our Charity mount sales where hundreds of thousands of dollars in donations have been provided over the last few years to two organizations devoted to helping children: the Austin Children's Shelter and Children's Medical Center at Legacy. We are very excited to have been chosen by Ryan for his special Make-A-Wish visit, and find the Make-A-Wish foundation to be an amazing charity that continues to help make the dreams of children with life-threatening medical conditions a reality.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
May 22, 2011