Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I'm I the only one questioning this?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 10, 2009
I'm looking at the classes of some of the creatures and companions and I'm noticing some of their classes don't quite fit their design or the weapons they carry. Especially with companions who look more cut out to be privateers. Here are some examples.

1. Dog Pirates: I began to notice something askew when Lucky Jack Russell and Seargent Shepherd(companion) came into the picture. How come all the dog pirates are buccaneers but he's a privateer?

2. Dog officers: I've fought these guys plenty of times and I saw them carrying swords. Not only that, but Mordekai directly calls them "privateers"

3. Battle Angels: I find this one a little obvious. The first clockwork women introduced to the game are carrying lightweight swords and pistols and show no brawn whatsoever.

4. Redcoat Officers: Governor Shrewbury shares the same design as these dogs but is a swashbuckler. Meanwhile, dogs such as Private Mills, are privateers. In addition, I've seen most of them carrying cutlasses.

5. Emmett: Don't get me wrong, I love having him on my crew. But unlike the other companions gotten from "Bad Company" he's not in the same class as the player but is still seen going to the privateer's trainer anyway. I won't have as big an issue if you don't change this.

Can you please look into this and see if you can implement any changes within these characters. Thanks!

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I've wondered sometimes about some of the swashbuckler crew who seem to wield slashy looking weapons rather than stabby looking ones. Are we better off training those ones in strength? Do their slashy weapons boost with agility?
as to your number 2. point, if Mordakai called the dog officers privateers, maybe he was using it in the sense that they are not members of a navy, but are chartered by their government to attack enemy ships, legal pirates. Maybe K I's writers just wanted to mix up the wording; privateer is another word for pirate, just a specific kind. I did notice this too when I ran across it, but figured it was using the dictionary meaning, rather than a decription of what pirate class I'd be facing in the fight.

Petty Officer
Feb 13, 2013
There are lots of creatures that when they are bosses or so they tend to be a different class.Also the dog pirates being bucaneers but being called privateers isn't that shocking if you know what real life privateers are.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2009
I think that in the case of Emmett, going to the Commodore makes a sort of sense. The Comodore would be a naval officer of some sort. Who else would a lower ranking officer go to about a promotion?

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I did wonder about Emmett, but I assumed he was there to provide balance for the crew.

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
MooshuFanatic500 on May 24, 2013 wrote:
There are lots of creatures that when they are bosses or so they tend to be a different class.Also the dog pirates being bucaneers but being called privateers isn't that shocking if you know what real life privateers are.
Yep, I know bout that.

Ensign
Apr 10, 2009
MooshuFanatic500 on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Mordekai called the dog officers privateers not the pirates. Anyway, speaking in the game's context, privateers would mean military leader and the officers would fit into that category. Also, the sword and pistol is a common privateer weapon pairing. Lastly, it doesn't matter if its a boss or not, if they're the same character design, they have to be the same class. I

Ensign
Apr 10, 2009
Melody Fisher on May 24, 2013 wrote:
I did wonder about Emmett, but I assumed he was there to provide balance for the crew.
What do you mean by balance? There's hardly any privateer companion in the game.

Ensign
Apr 10, 2009
Clarifying what my point is, I've begun noticing that the classes of some of the enemies and companions don't match their design or choice of weapons. Also, enemies, allies, and companions with the same design don't share the same classes. I would like to know why this is.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
As for the battle angels using light weapons and not having any brawn, that actually works for them, they are swashbucklers not buccaneers. Swashbucklers are supposed to be light and fast.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
CdeWinter on May 26, 2013 wrote:
As for the battle angels using light weapons and not having any brawn, that actually works for them, they are swashbucklers not buccaneers. Swashbucklers are supposed to be light and fast.
Indeed, oh, what I wouldn't give to have one of those clockwork angels on my crew.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Sorry, not tracking any problem that needs addressing here.

We crosstrain in weapons, no reason NPCs can't.

Humans (us) come in all classes, so no reason other races like dogs can't.