Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Tiny Touch-Up to Puppet Show #3

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I enjoyed the tale of the Monkey's Paw Puppet Show, but there is one little touch-up this Puppet Show needs. The scene where Monkey Hotay transforms into Donkey Hotay should have a "POOF!" visual and sound effects right where Monkey Hotay was transformed after he made his second wish on the Monkey's Paw. Sounds like a neat touch-up, don't you? Can you work that in, please, One-Eyed Jack? It's just but a simple touch-up.

Administrator
I'll forward on your request. (Can't promise anything of course, but I'll forward it on.)

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Wait a sec! Actually, I do have more tiny touch-ups in mind for you to forward, too. In the scene where the Monkey's Paw makes three wishes to the three Monquistans granted with divine grace, have the background setting change from a normal mood to an angelic mood with a harp sound effect added, and the background quickly change to a grim mood, following in the part where if their souls are not pure, their wishes will backfire with a new grim sound effect added with it. Make the background in the scene where Monkey Hotay was travelling through the lands and braving the trials to reach the Monkey's Paw a bit more taller, to fit and cover the gaps in the top and bottom, add in some scrolling background scene props between Monkey Hotay, rocks, cacti, ruins, any kind of props you can name it and put it in, even some creatures passing by with some sound effects with them. And, put in thought bubbles in the scene where Monkey Hotay remembers his orders from his Lord and quickly gives into temptation followed by a snickering sound effect added in. One more thing, in the scene where the Lords in Monquista raided La Mancha for it's one million bananas in a war, have the Monkey's Paw flung away in the chaos with a new sound effect added with it while flinging away. These are the tiny touch-ups I've forgot to tell you. Thanks again for listening to me!

Developer
These are some great recommendations Trimond. The Donkey Hotay show was the first puppet show I worked on and is one of my favorites. Like One-Eyed-Jack said, your comments have been forwarded.

I've noticed you've commented a lot on the puppet shows. Are you at all interested in animation? Script writing? I hope you're applying as much creativity to your own work as you are with Pirate 101!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Donkey Hotay on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
These are some great recommendations Trimond. The Donkey Hotay show was the first puppet show I worked on and is one of my favorites. Like One-Eyed-Jack said, your comments have been forwarded.

I've noticed you've commented a lot on the puppet shows. Are you at all interested in animation? Script writing? I hope you're applying as much creativity to your own work as you are with Pirate 101!
Well, I wouldn't say a lot, Donkey Hotay, but the word "plenty" comes to mind. I just happen to have a good keen eye for detail when I see what needs to be better. I'm very humbled that you would want me to help work on new shows with you guys, but, I've not yet decided on what to do in said interests. Like a bird, the young hatchling, or rather, hatchlings, will not leave their nest under the caretaker's wings until it's time for the hatchlings to fly into the skies, one day, braving the many challenges ahead along their way. I'll feel ready to take that first step to the journey of a thousand miles, when, and only when, I've got the urge to do so, if you get the meaning, that is. No need to rush time. Until then, I'll still have my adventures to live through, and I'll have more game suggestions and feedback in mind later. Thanks for keeping the Puppet Shows much better and for noticing my suggestions! By the way, that show is my favorite, too, along with others who enjoyed it!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
By the way, great work on your first show, Don! Looking forward to much more new Puppet Shows from you and the crew!