Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Assassin's Boots

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 30, 2009
I have the Assassin's Boots with Critical Strike card for shootys. I am armed with a stabby/shooty, but can't activate the critical strike card. I am a swashbuckler. Is there a reason it won't work for me?

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I actually just replied to a post that described a similiar situation with a Witchdoctor's version of critical strike card.

I am in a similiar situation. Actually, I am in the same exact situation, except I never tried equipping a shooty weapon.

Hmmm.

I am now thinking that perhaps it was indeed meant for Musketeers only, and it was a oversight.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
I have it figured out.

The assassin's boots are for Swashbucklers that use Shooty weapons. It can not be a combination weapon, since they are treated as melee weapons, but it has to be strictly shooty.

Only then can one use that power provided by these boots.

Of course, even if Swashbucklers do not use Shooty weapons, they still add a VERY nice damage bonus. Highest damage bonus I have yet to see.

Ensign
Aug 30, 2009
Yeah, I like the damage bonus. I would just think that with a damage bonus, it would allow for shooty/stabby(slashy) weaponry. I can use other shooty cards with shooty/stabby weapons.
Thanks for the reply.

Developer
I'll take a look at that power and see if I can make it work with a Shooty/Stabby. I reckon it should...

We're getting a lot of bugs related to the confusion of "equipment required" powers like this-- we'll fix them all as soon a possible.

Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Ensign
Aug 30, 2009