Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Easter Eggs

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 24, 2013
I don't know if this has already been said, but the Zeke Quests. Marquis Mark, Dixie Chicks and Eagles? Those are only a few, of course.

Ensign
Nov 26, 2010
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Now I'm not entirely sure on this, but I think the npc Red Fox, while also being an reference to Redd Fox, might be a reference to the 16th Century, Scottish um, "hero" Rob Roy. Rob Roy's, real name was Robert MacGregor, the Roy part is an English version of the Scottish gaelic word Ruadh, which means red.
So, Rob Roy was really called Red Rob.

Now, another nickname of Rob Roy, used in Sir Walter Scott's novel, was The Fox. Given the rumours that Rob Roy was a supporter of the Jacobites, and was working against The Crown, in a similar way to the Radicals of the late 1800's, I'd say it is possible that Red Fox, is a reference to Rob Roy.

Ensign
Jul 25, 2014
A quest from Prospector Zeke, Marquis Mark and The Funky Bunch.
There was a band named Marky Mark and The Funky Bunch.

In Santa Pollo, you have to speak to Friar Cluck a few times for quests.
Friar Chuck.

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
I know this isn't an easter egg, but I just remembered (for some reason) back when wandering through Sivella disguised as a clockwork, I kept patiently waiting and hoping for the rather obvious line
"Aren't you a little short for a Clockwork?" to be said by somebody, I think maybe, just maybe Mew actually missed a chance there for a well placed reference, unless of course he's holding on to it for later.

Ensign
Aug 20, 2010
Marleybonian Myth ... on Aug 27, 2013 wrote:
I looked up "Bonnie Anne" an found a REAL historical female pirate named "Anne Bonnie".
Yes, I remember noticing that. I was eating dinner (tanks, ma!) and playing P101 and I choked when I saw it. It was the first in a long line of very memorable chokes in front of my humble screen.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
flowerpirate on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
how did prospecter zeke get on pirate101
Pirate101 and Wizard101 are in the same spiral and same time, Zeke travels everywhere. Remember?

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
CdeWinter on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Old Bird Henkins is also a reference to the minor Scooby Doo character, Old Man Jenkins.
Nice find, when I heard him say "You meddling pirates!" It hit me.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
I am sure everyone knows this but I just thought I might say it anyway. All the worlds are based off real countries in real life like Mooshu, Japan some people might say it is China but listening to some companions and characters say Japanese words like Arigato or something like that just gives it away.
Cool Ranch-Old Western times.
Marleybone-London( Big Ben).
Monquista-Spain.
Aquila-Old Greek legends.
Valencia-I don't really remember but if someone told me it would be great.

Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
MentalRetreat on Dec 3, 2012 wrote:
I chuckled when I realized that the name "Gortez" (as in the gorilla conquistador) came from the Spanish conquistador "Cortez". LOL.
Conquistador--> monquistador?

Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
Scurvy Orion Lanya... on Dec 12, 2012 wrote:
Yeah and napolequin
Napoleon

Ensign
Nov 20, 2012
When you complete the Labriynth in Aquila, Argos says to Theseus "Don't forget to put the up the white flag!" as a reference to the old greek myth of Theseus.

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Not sure if anyone posted this but a easy reference is of hawkules to Hercules being a ancient Greek hero from the old myths.

Also allot of these missions partially have to do with old greek myths

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
Speaking of Mooshu I have only come to notice something about that world, all companions except Argos and NPC's are animals and I do know that but Mooshu has farm animals. Look at the starter companions: Kan Po is a goat, Egg Shen is a goose, Kobe Yojimbo is a cow, Subodai is a horse and Wing Chun is a yes I know crane (Which is obviously not a farm animal but yeah). Even though some of the NPC's of that world might not be a farm animal most of them are.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
Some people who watch the old-day movies would know about the Magnificent 7.
Duck-(DOC) Holliday, etc etc.

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
In Tumbleweed Duck Holiday says I'm getting to old for this. it; from Star Wars IV

Lieutenant
Nov 04, 2012
Ninja Phoenix123 on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
I am sure everyone knows this but I just thought I might say it anyway. All the worlds are based off real countries in real life like Mooshu, Japan some people might say it is China but listening to some companions and characters say Japanese words like Arigato or something like that just gives it away.
Monquista-Spain.
Valecia is Italy

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
Ninja Phoenix123 on Aug 21, 2014 wrote:
Monquista-Spain.
Actually I read and it sounds like Valencia is more like the before version of dragonspyre( dragonspyre being the fall of Rome) Valencia also happens to be the Latin word for "strength" or "valour."

just wanted to get that straight.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
hunterwolf325 on Sep 17, 2014 wrote:
Actually I read and it sounds like Valencia is more like the before version of dragonspyre( dragonspyre being the fall of Rome) Valencia also happens to be the Latin word for "strength" or "valour."

just wanted to get that straight.
But what about all the Russian accents? It seems to me that Dragonspyre is the fallen Russian Empire ( after the Communist take-over ).

Ensign
Dec 23, 2012
I was on my swashbuckler questing when I noticed on Madame Esmeralda's table had treasure cards on it like the treasure cards in wizard101 not sure if this has anything to do with having both the games in one universe or anything else to do with it.

Ensign
Apr 25, 2009
I was in Aquila the other night during a quest when Bonnie Anne said the line "Don't Tease Me Brohw". I was at the University of Florida when that happened ("Don't Tase Me Bro") I literally LOL'd for about 5 minutes. I love all the puns and easter eggs in Pirate101!

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I just found a ship in Monquista called the El Cid. Makes me want to eat hot dogs...Mmmm...

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
Boucan do it!

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Oi mates! I got some history things perhaps!

Santa Rana? Should be based on the Mexican General "Santa Anna" when you and el toro storm his house.

And on the level 25 privateer quest when they say "Remember the Arroyo!" i found that catchy when the Texaswas getting independence from Spain, and they stormed a Spanish mission place where rebels kept hidden and they said the cry "Remember the Alamo!"

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Time for some ship names!

Bison Skiff called Angry Bird --- CRUSH DAT PIG!!!

A Black Storm Frigate near the Farm House called the Laughing Hound --- DUCK HUNT!!!

A MooShu blockade ship called Bamboo Bamboo --- ALLITERATIVE!!!

Ghostly Galleon called Cryptic Banshee --- KEEPER OF THE FANG!!!

A Banditoad Ship called Queso Rana --- CHEESE FROG!!!

My Santo Oro was called Dancing Lotus --- FANTASIA!!!

WHEN A SHIP NAME COMES TOGETHER, IT IS BEAUTIFUL, IT IS NOT?! GAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Am I growing insane?

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
Slowly growing insane over difficulty spikes and ship names since 2013

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
Guy Fox (Bonnie Anne's Brother) = Guy Fawkes

Rat Pack = Frank Sinatra and the Rat Pack