Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Puppet Show Boss?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 08, 2012
Hey all!
I've seen in many topics like Blind Mew's musings that one character that some like myself are questioning seems to be Cthulhu. We see him in many puppet shows like El Dorado, Isle of Doom, El toro(cue the sounds!) so I thought, will he be a boss? I know this sounds ridiculous, and Blind Mew confirmed he isn't in El Dorado, but, we could see it in other worlds like Krokotopia/Skull Island, as we saw the wereman in Marleybone. Again, just an idea, but it would be pretty funny to fight a man/dragon/octopus, especially to keep the humor in the game, as some games fail with. Plus, it could serve as a kraken for the game, as a climax to some world. What do you guys think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Bearded Beast on Sep 9, 2015 wrote:
Hey all!
I've seen in many topics like Blind Mew's musings that one character that some like myself are questioning seems to be Cthulhu. We see him in many puppet shows like El Dorado, Isle of Doom, El toro(cue the sounds!) so I thought, will he be a boss? I know this sounds ridiculous, and Blind Mew confirmed he isn't in El Dorado, but, we could see it in other worlds like Krokotopia/Skull Island, as we saw the wereman in Marleybone. Again, just an idea, but it would be pretty funny to fight a man/dragon/octopus, especially to keep the humor in the game, as some games fail with. Plus, it could serve as a kraken for the game, as a climax to some world. What do you guys think?
I think our squid headed friend is an in-joke, easter egg from the KI staff ( there's obviously a Lovecraft fan employed there) - especially in Wiz101 where you find the character Alhazred ( in the original Call of Cthulhu, he was the author of the Necronomicon. ) And, of course the Krokonomicon reflects that fictional tome.