Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Is Pirate101 going to die out?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 10, 2009
If you have read the many posts considering falmea's producer letter then you should know that many people are worried that there will be no new story update. Reading all of these posts saying that the story won't go farther is killing me. Wizard101 was a huge part of my childhood. Wizard101 was easily my favorite game... but that was before Pirate101 came out.When pirate came out I instantly loved it. This game has grown on me, and I haven't loved a game more than this one. If pirate ends how will I entertain myself on rainy days? Wizard will just remind me of this game. Other games get boring. The story in pirate is not boring at all. I've nearly finished it with all five classes! What are your thoughts? Do you think the great voyage is over? Will we ever make it to el Dorado? Will we ever finish off the armada and Kane? Or is the Voyage to el Dorado over.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DenicetheMenace305 on Jul 28, 2015 wrote:
If you have read the many posts considering falmea's producer letter then you should know that many people are worried that there will be no new story update. Reading all of these posts saying that the story won't go farther is killing me. Wizard101 was a huge part of my childhood. Wizard101 was easily my favorite game... but that was before Pirate101 came out.When pirate came out I instantly loved it. This game has grown on me, and I haven't loved a game more than this one. If pirate ends how will I entertain myself on rainy days? Wizard will just remind me of this game. Other games get boring. The story in pirate is not boring at all. I've nearly finished it with all five classes! What are your thoughts? Do you think the great voyage is over? Will we ever make it to el Dorado? Will we ever finish off the armada and Kane? Or is the Voyage to el Dorado over.
No! Pirate101 is not over. I truly believe that the story is merely delayed. That KI has taken the trouble to implement Ranked PVP, The Pirate's Regatta, and given us the chance to give new talents and powers to our companions is proof that eventually, we will be sailing the skies once more!

Ensign
Feb 26, 2011
No, KingsIsle is still working on the game, and they're coming out with an update this summer! It's not a story update but it's better than nothing and it proves they haven't given up on the game.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Don't lose hope yet, KI is still working the main story line. As Eager as my maxed characters, wanted to sail again to the sky way.They are taking pride to make sure, the main storyline goes smoothly to have as less glitch and other issues that might cause the game crush.

There are many more surprises ahead.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Don't listen to the people who put P101 down! Never do that. Ever! Don't even think that what they are saying may be true! Because it is not and we will get through this wait. Someday, we'll all have a laugh over this over a bottle of yum! Keep your pirate outfit on, savior of the spiral. You will be able to use it again, soon.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Monkrinx2024 on Jul 29, 2015 wrote:
Don't lose hope yet, KI is still working the main story line. As Eager as my maxed characters, wanted to sail again to the sky way.They are taking pride to make sure, the main storyline goes smoothly to have as less glitch and other issues that might cause the game crush.

There are many more surprises ahead.
Yes. Remember, as Professor Falmea stated, KI formed the MMO Live Team to have the formerly two teams become one team to work on W101 & P101 at once so the struggling shifts of alternating between updating either one would no longer exist.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
I'm glad to hear that there are updates in the works. But it has been quite some time since we've had an update to the story line. I know there are a lot of pirates out there chomping at the bit just waiting to be able to level their character again. Has anyone heard anything about a new story line update?

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012
I think if Pirate101 was truly in danger, we wouldn't even have the update in Test Realm now.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
wraithcaster on Jul 30, 2015 wrote:
I think if Pirate101 was truly in danger, we wouldn't even have the update in Test Realm now.
Yeah. And that would be bad.

I think we've had enough of the deconstructive thinking right now. Too much of it is a bad thing.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
No one was a bigger doubter than I when it came to the future of Pirate101.

It is clear that there has been a big shakeup at KI, but the fact that the producer's letter comes from Dalia Falmea instead of, say, Queen Eleanor, says to me that there are big plans in the works to create more of an interface between Pirate101 and Wizard101.

Dalia Falmea makes it very clear that they WILL finish the story. It's just that certain elements, which will require coordination with Wizard101, are in the works that is delaying the next world.

I will give them more time.

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
Reading this thread has been so reassuring because that producer's letter scared me to be honest. I love Pirate so much and I feel so invested in the story and characters. People ask why or how do I know if it is my favorite game and I tell them that I have done the story six times and it didn't ever feel boring. I can't wait to see what the future of this story holds and feel good to know that slowly, progress is being made. Although speaking of ideas, one-eyed jack as a companion would be pretty awesome...*cough* *cough* Ratbeard...just saying!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Max DeGroot on Aug 2, 2015 wrote:
No one was a bigger doubter than I when it came to the future of Pirate101.

It is clear that there has been a big shakeup at KI, but the fact that the producer's letter comes from Dalia Falmea instead of, say, Queen Eleanor, says to me that there are big plans in the works to create more of an interface between Pirate101 and Wizard101.

Dalia Falmea makes it very clear that they WILL finish the story. It's just that certain elements, which will require coordination with Wizard101, are in the works that is delaying the next world.

I will give them more time.
Well, to be precise, the first major story arc in P101 will be concluded someday, but don't think that ends the storyline.

Remember, they have plans to make a second major story arc, & maybe one day, they may plan to add in side story arcs, kind of like one, that of which centers on Grizzleheim & the Coven's plan to bring the Everwinter. in W101

The shakeup does bring out some goodness into it, because the development teams of the two MMOs that have been alternating between developing & providing updates to W101 or P101 has been struggling & a bit upsetting to many players that still want to continue on. Not anymore, thanks to that. They'll still provide updates to their games, only they won't alternate between the two games. They will do both at once, & their plans to provide extension & improvement updates to these games might slightly change, however, they still notified that they're still going strong, & the unification of the former teams of W101 & P101 into the KI MMO Live Team proves it.

KingsIsle will still provide updates to their games, & may plan to make a new MMO soon, & so on, especially with their KI Mobile Live Team still concentrated on their games & such. We still have faith in KI, we know they will do us proud. Remember that.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
I think that they are trying to improve the experience for newer players so more people play and buy crowns/membership.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
If I remember correctly, there was mention of some changes taking place in the company I believe, or just changes In general. Which obviously would affect certain tasks and jobs being done and delaying certain thingw, and also you have to remember that making a world in Pirate isn't just the world itself, it's clothing, ships, ship gear, stats for clothes and ships and ship gear, enemies, health range, level cap, dialogue, side quests, areas, and every little pixel put into it. So there is more to it than it seems.

However, Falmea mentioned another thing. KI is trying to make the game as fun and friendly as possible, and that they are trying to make sure players get the most out of Pirate. So really while we are fussing on the message boards, which I admittedly have a few times, and on Pirate101 Central posts, they are working so so hard to make sure we get the modt out of this wonderful game.

Also, I think us players, see Pirate and expect Pirate to be this ongoing adventure, filled with story and enchantment, which the developers do to, but they also have to look at it in a different perspective, they look at the game as something to improve, something that if they mastered, they could blow our tricorns off and our sails right off our ships! So really, with all these other updates that have been coming out, we need to start paying more attention to them, and what KI is offering us.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 58

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
I will admit that this talk of Kingsile creating new mobile games and a new mmo is exciting; however, I also find it extremely frustrating because I believe they should be working on improving their older games and steadying them. While they are doing this with Pirate, specifically targeting the newer areas, I wish they would focus on the veterans and higher level areas/pirates.

While I have never been into PvP before, this ranked PvP sounds exciting and I am going to give it a try. On a random note, this Battle Royale format is interesting, can anyone who has played it tell me if there are ever two people who gang up on one or anything like that? Thanks! :D

Virtuous Grace Lewis 65
Two-Faced Teresa Dodger 65
Merciful Irene Hadler 41

Ensign
Jul 07, 2012
Not to mention that KI is working hard and it takes a lot of work to make updates for a game

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
xXLalacoolXx on Aug 5, 2015 wrote:
I will admit that this talk of Kingsile creating new mobile games and a new mmo is exciting; however, I also find it extremely frustrating because I believe they should be working on improving their older games and steadying them. While they are doing this with Pirate, specifically targeting the newer areas, I wish they would focus on the veterans and higher level areas/pirates.

While I have never been into PvP before, this ranked PvP sounds exciting and I am going to give it a try. On a random note, this Battle Royale format is interesting, can anyone who has played it tell me if there are ever two people who gang up on one or anything like that? Thanks! :D

Virtuous Grace Lewis 65
Two-Faced Teresa Dodger 65
Merciful Irene Hadler 41
"Gang up"? Oh yes, indeed! Be ready for treachery and betrayal on all sides in a Battle Royale, for when there is glory and scrip at stake, it's no holds barred!

Ensign
Nov 03, 2012
If Pirate 101 doesnt add new realms it will die out. Ive completed 5 pirates through their last quests and Im about to finish the 6th. The last updates and new ones dont make up for the lack of new worlds to play. Frankly Im getting bored.

If the story is finished, and I suspect it is, then just tell us. All these other things are just distractions.

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
Astro0001 on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
If Pirate 101 doesnt add new realms it will die out. Ive completed 5 pirates through their last quests and Im about to finish the 6th. The last updates and new ones dont make up for the lack of new worlds to play. Frankly Im getting bored.

If the story is finished, and I suspect it is, then just tell us. All these other things are just distractions.
Tell that to the few million players who actually can wait, unlike you.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Aaron FireEyes on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
Tell that to the few million players who actually can wait, unlike you.
He has been waiting... since 2012. Now I joined very early last year, but I could definitely feel the vibes coming from the message boards that obviously, things weren't exactly going as players wanted them to. I have been quite forward on the message boards about the lack of story before, which I should not have done, I was never and I am still not in a place to become annoyed about lack of story for I have only been here for a year and a half, but players like you from 2011 and 2012 and before, do have the place to complain. That being said I have come to realize that things are changing with in KI and that these changes have made it dificult to KI to really pack an amazing update into Pirate, not that PVP and the new trainers aren't good, I just mean that it has made it dificult for KI to focus on the storyline. I do hope you understand where I am coming from.

Ensign
Oct 15, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
"Gang up"? Oh yes, indeed! Be ready for treachery and betrayal on all sides in a Battle Royale, for when there is glory and scrip at stake, it's no holds barred!
Yay! I can't wait to try out the Battle Royale mode and see what goes on!

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012
Hi those post are beautiful I'm serious a lot of your should try out for a speech club or debate team anyways I think pirates is going to make a new world it's just taking a little longer then most of us are used to I'm not going to lie I have had doubts about it but when I saw they updated the companions and those old art drawing they did I can see they are still working on it plus does anyone really know what it takes to make a world I'm mean look at the people who make rockets they can't just get a idea and a rocket shows up it takes time and does anyone know how many workers is in the Pirates part of ki I mean if there isn't that many it will take awhile so just wait they will make it I know everyone is tired of hearing wait but hey if we keep playing pirates won't close just in joy the new update till the new world comes because it will come pirates is forever

Ensign
Jan 19, 2014
TheHoodooQueen on Aug 6, 2015 wrote:
He has been waiting... since 2012. Now I joined very early last year, but I could definitely feel the vibes coming from the message boards that obviously, things weren't exactly going as players wanted them to. I have been quite forward on the message boards about the lack of story before, which I should not have done, I was never and I am still not in a place to become annoyed about lack of story for I have only been here for a year and a half, but players like you from 2011 and 2012 and before, do have the place to complain. That being said I have come to realize that things are changing with in KI and that these changes have made it dificult to KI to really pack an amazing update into Pirate, not that PVP and the new trainers aren't good, I just mean that it has made it dificult for KI to focus on the storyline. I do hope you understand where I am coming from.
Wow! I started around the same time as you and I haven't even finished the game (though my most recent crowns purchase gave me almost enough to finish the game.)

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Well, I've been here since the game started in beta and this is by far my favorite game in the entire universe. I have supreme confidence that the storyline will advance. There are tons of eager pirates out there just waiting and this was made clear to me by the fact that when the ranked update went live, I had (if I counted right) 62 players from my main characters friend list online at the same time. The whole right side of my screen was filled with text chat lol. So much so that I couldn't respond to most of them lol. Some of those players I have known since day one. That was amazing and I'm not ashamed to admit that it almost made me cry to see so many of my old friends who had remained dedicated and loyal to P101. Also, I would rather wait and have another of the outstanding updates that KI is known for than to have them just push one through to satisfy impatient players. Trust me, good things come to those who wait. So keep your boots polished and your swords sharpened because...it's coming.