Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Valkoor, among the greats!!!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jun 26, 2010
It be me honor to announce that our dear loyal friend Valkoor has reached 2000 yars quite the milestone if ye ask me, truly something to celebrate eh me hearty's for once again me friend ye truly out did yer self on another victory fer the ages congrats to ye and many more me friend.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
May 09, 2009
I know i'm not on here often, or even on a daily basis, but congrats Valkoor for those yars!

The Loyal Swashbuckler

Ensign
May 16, 2014
Many players on here have reached milestones without any fanfare.

Noble Alexandria

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Congratulations Valkoor You are indeed well loved by The Message Board Marauders and the yars show it. You bring such caring and support, lots of technical understanding of how this great game works and liberal doses of goofiness and punification that keeps the merriment in our hearts.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
jack morgan933 on Apr 26, 2015 wrote:
It be me honor to announce that our dear loyal friend Valkoor has reached 2000 yars quite the milestone if ye ask me, truly something to celebrate eh me hearty's for once again me friend ye truly out did yer self on another victory fer the ages congrats to ye and many more me friend.

- Deadeye Jack Morgan
Why Jack, you've gone and done it yet again....and I thank you kindly. As always, I appreciate your diligent encouragement of your fellow marauders and your relentless acknowledgement of the posters here on the boards. I wouldn't consider myself great by any means- just very, very chatty. My posts primarily come from truly enjoying the atmosphere, dialogue and company here....and I like to try to help and make others laugh, if and when I can.

What can I say, I like to chat and post alongside all of you other wonderful players and posters-- AND I'M NOT ASHAMED TO ADMIT IT (QUITE PROUD ACTUALLY). These Message Boards are probably thee friendliest and most welcoming forum that I have ever been a part of and even come across (game related or otherwise). It's nice to know that you can come here and post about something you enjoy tremendously, without all of the other negativity, crudeness and bashing that accompanies most other forums. Posting here and reading all of you other marauders' posts is an absolute treat and pleasure.

Again, I thank ye for the kind words, Jack!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
The Loyal Swashbuc... on Apr 27, 2015 wrote:
I know i'm not on here often, or even on a daily basis, but congrats Valkoor for those yars!

The Loyal Swashbuckler
Thank you so much, The Loyal Swashbuckler!

It's a pleasure posting here with great people and players such as yourself and I always look forward to reading what everyone else shares here. It's a great community and I'm glad to be a part of it no matter how many posts or how many yars I receive.

I look forward to your future posts and again I thank you.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Captain Jack Aubre... on Apr 27, 2015 wrote:
Many players on here have reached milestones without any fanfare.

Noble Alexandria
Hi there Alexandria!

You are so very right in the fact that there are a lot of players/posters that don't get recognized for their contributions and/or milestones. But our good friend Jack puts a lot of thought and caring behind trying to recognize as many posters here as possible. He's a stand up pirate (shame on him) and is always just looking to spread a kind word of encouragement.

Just as daily posts often get overlooked or just missed, it's quite easy to miss noticing when others reach milestones. I just think that is the nature of life here on the Message Boards or any forum for that matter. We are all marauders and all part of the P101 Community, but that being said-- there are some of us that have spent a good bit of in-game time together, chatted outside the forums and game and have attended the 'Smashingly Spectacular Spiral Shindigs' together that we occasionally throw (hmmm...may be time for another). So, it can be easy to keep a more watchful eye on some of our in-game and forum buddies. Jack, does a wonderful job of encouraging and supporting others and I think I speak for a lot of others here, that we sure do appreciate his efforts. He's one of the few that posts 'congrats threads' to posters for various accomplishments-- takes a noble pirate to do that.

I certainly encourage any and all posters to post simply for the enjoyment factor...regardless of receiving yars, praises or for any numbers. Speaking on my behalf, I enjoy posting alongside all of you whether someone has 1 yar or 5000 yars, 2 posts or 2000 posts, gets congratulated on a milestone or not and/or has been here 1 day or 2 years.

Pleasant posting to you Alexandria and I hope you enjoy your time here on the boards.

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Congrats, Valkoor! 2,000 posts? 5,000 yars? That's awesome! Again, congrats on the huge milestone

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 27, 2015 wrote:
Congratulations Valkoor You are indeed well loved by The Message Board Marauders and the yars show it. You bring such caring and support, lots of technical understanding of how this great game works and liberal doses of goofiness and punification that keeps the merriment in our hearts.
Thank you so much Chrissy and right back atcha. I enjoy every moment spent here on the boards and I certainly appreciate all of the wonderful posters and marauders here as well. My lifelong dream is that all pirates and peoples will one day achieve Gratification from Punification Unification. I shall tirelessly continue my quest to deliver this 'oh-so-important' message, one pun at a time.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
ChrisTheSwashy on Apr 27, 2015 wrote:
Congrats, Valkoor! 2,000 posts? 5,000 yars? That's awesome! Again, congrats on the huge milestone
Why thank you Chris. I appreciate the kindness and am thrilled to see you back on the boards and hope to see you soon in the Spiral, as well. Thanks again!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
DuranteRamses87 on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
Congrats Valkoor.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Thank you for the Congrats, Dante-- I appreciate it greatly. Seems that a congratulatory thread may be in order for you as well- 500+ posts/ 1000+ yars and plenty of insightful posting from you. Hmmm, what to do about that........

Commodore
May 31, 2009
A big big big congratulations to you, Valkoor!! All of those wonderful bits of humor have added up.

Ensign
May 16, 2014
I think I made over 10! Long way to go!

Noble Alexandria

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
A big big big congratulations to you, Valkoor!! All of those wonderful bits of humor have added up.
Well hiya Misty and thank you, thank you! I think you may have meant to say "all of those attempts at humor", as they sometimes certainly fall short. But I try my best, or worst-- depends on how you look at it. I'm hoping to catch you in game some time soon, seeing as it has been a while......my house and crew and pets and ships may need some professional cobweb removal. Hmmm....Dead Mike would make a pretty good broom (maybe Scratchy too, for that matter-- no he's better suited for mopping).

Well, thanks again Misty!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Captain Jack Aubre... on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
I think I made over 10! Long way to go!

Noble Alexandria
Well keep at it Alexandria. We all were at 10 posts and/or yars at some point in time. Just keep joining in on the fun and great info and keep posting about this game that we all are coconuts about- and before you know it you'll be a long way from your 1st 10.

Happy posting to you!

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
Well hiya Misty and thank you, thank you! I think you may have meant to say "all of those attempts at humor", as they sometimes certainly fall short. But I try my best, or worst-- depends on how you look at it. I'm hoping to catch you in game some time soon, seeing as it has been a while......my house and crew and pets and ships may need some professional cobweb removal. Hmmm....Dead Mike would make a pretty good broom (maybe Scratchy too, for that matter-- no he's better suited for mopping).

Well, thanks again Misty!
If by soon you mean June, I'm all for it! I'm currently without a laptop, so no game access, and I'm writing these lovely typo-filled posts (before I fix them, that is) on a Kindle until I can get my computer back.

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
Another cheer to Valkoor! I'm a bit late, but then again, when am I not!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Apr 30, 2015 wrote:
If by soon you mean June, I'm all for it! I'm currently without a laptop, so no game access, and I'm writing these lovely typo-filled posts (before I fix them, that is) on a Kindle until I can get my computer back.
Well then, June it is Misty! I actually have not been in game much lately myself, just due to real life hecticity. But I will keep a look out for you in the Spiral whenever I manage to jump on. Oh and lucky you...I suffer from 'traveling typo syndrome', as the typos flow equally from my finger tips no matter what the electronic device I use. At least you were able to do some posting again and re-'Kindle' that good ol' marauder feeling.

Well, good luck to you on getting your computer back and we'll be eagerly awaiting your return to the game!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Noble Arthur Fairl... on May 1, 2015 wrote:
Another cheer to Valkoor! I'm a bit late, but then again, when am I not!
Thank you Noble Arthur, I appreciate the cheer! And don't worry, I too suffer from 'Delay On the Horizon' (DOH) Syndrome-- I have yet to catch that worm all those other birds squawk about.

Thanks again

Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
"Cap'n, It's Valkoor!"
"What!! Hide the guacomole! Baton down the hatches! Swab the deck! Find my thesaurus!"
"No, no, Cap'n, Valkoor ain't here."
"Belay all that. On second thought, go ahead and find my thesaurus anyway. Hey, who left all these yars lying on the deck? Someone could get hurt tripping over them."
"Well, Cap'n, it's Valkoor..."
"What!? Hide the cheese doodles! Unfurl the mizzen mast! Better swab the deck after all! And where's my thesaurus?"
"No, Cap'n, he ain't here."
"Belay all that! Wait a second, we've done all this before."
"Yes, Cap'n, may I finish a sentence?"
"I'm not sure, can you?"
"Har-de-har-har. Ye see, Valkoor has this excessive number of yars and sent some to us in a box to store for him."
"You did it."
"Did what?"
"Finished a sentence."
"(Sigh) Yes, sir."
"Now then, how did these yars get all over the deck?"
"Well, Cap'n, Milo was carrying them..."
"Stop right there. Got it."
"Ye didn't let me finish."
"One sentence at a time. Now then, I want all these yars gathered up, put back in the box, then sent to Kane immediately."
"What? Kane? Why?"
"Once he sees how much Valkoor is loved, Kane'll leave us alone and chase after Valkoor. That'll free us up to find more pieces of Marco Pollo's map."
"You do have a way with a plan, Cap'n."
"Why, thank you."
"Notice I didn't say it was a good plan."
"Do you really want another go at scraping barnacles off the hull?"
"I'm on it! Gathering yars now, Cap'n."
"So has anyone found my thesaurus yet?"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Totally hysterical once more Sam. Your gift for keeping us up to date on your crew's shenanigans is priceless.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Sam....great to see you and also to be 'Underhilled' once again!

I always appreciate you stopping in with your cleverly created companion coo-coo-ness! It just goes to show that you not only have a passion for the game and for writing, but also care enough about the boards and posters here, to actually take the time to craft such hilarious goodness.

Big thanks to your crew for storing some of those yars, it helped greatly! Although I may need them back before too long. My crew has been a bit lazy with their tasks and been taking time off to hit the gym in an attempt to get back their bathing suit figures- just in time for the sizzle of summer. So, I think to make up for the lost funds, I'll be needing to soon have a Yarrrrrd Sale! Yo-Ho-Har-de-Har!!!

Thanks for the great post, Sam!

(oh, and care to explain just why you are searching for a dinosaur....never even heard of the Thesaurus anyways-- too much toasted cheese I do believe!)

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
congratulations valkoor you certainly earned those yars!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
TheDragonspyrePira... on May 5, 2015 wrote:
congratulations valkoor you certainly earned those yars!
Thank you Jack! I replied to you yesterday but perhaps my post didn't go through or I forgot to hit submit. Either way, I appreciate the kind words.

It's nice 'seeing' you posting on the boards again and I'll be looking for you in the Spiral next time I manage to jump in....been tough to do lately though. Thanks again!