Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Puppet Shows

AuthorMessage
Captain
Feb 11, 2010
Mr.Krabs, I have an ideaaaaaaaa

So, I was thinking and thought: Most companions don't have a said backstory, not yet in the Rogue's Gallery. Maybe they could have a puppet show, narrated by them, telling us about their life before on our crew?

So here's how it would work- once companions are fully promoted, they'll ask to talk to you in a tavern cellar. Once you press x, the puppet show would start. Once it's done, there'll be the puppet icon on their portrait page.

I thought of this idea because really, every companion can have a backstory, even the minor companions, like the crab hermit, the chicken sheriff and the two mustangs (why were they imprisoned in Castillo Sapo?), even the bison companions on elder bluff.

It also bugs me how Louis, one of my favorite companions, has almost identical promotions and nothing of it is really too serious. All we know about him is he's from Valencia, and he may have gone to Sivella, but this hasn't been confirmed.

What do you guys think? I'd love to see this in-game, and I'm even willing to wait a little longer for the story for this to be put in the game.

-Black Wolf Bowman Level 65

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Apr 15, 2015 wrote:
Mr.Krabs, I have an ideaaaaaaaa

So, I was thinking and thought: Most companions don't have a said backstory, not yet in the Rogue's Gallery. Maybe they could have a puppet show, narrated by them, telling us about their life before on our crew?

So here's how it would work- once companions are fully promoted, they'll ask to talk to you in a tavern cellar. Once you press x, the puppet show would start. Once it's done, there'll be the puppet icon on their portrait page.

I thought of this idea because really, every companion can have a backstory, even the minor companions, like the crab hermit, the chicken sheriff and the two mustangs (why were they imprisoned in Castillo Sapo?), even the bison companions on elder bluff.

It also bugs me how Louis, one of my favorite companions, has almost identical promotions and nothing of it is really too serious. All we know about him is he's from Valencia, and he may have gone to Sivella, but this hasn't been confirmed.

What do you guys think? I'd love to see this in-game, and I'm even willing to wait a little longer for the story for this to be put in the game.

-Black Wolf Bowman Level 65
No, Rogue's Galleries are fine. Can you imagine the ton of work this would bring? Writing, recording, animating, & programing and you want to do this for very minor companions that only a few get? That's crazy! ( IMHO )
I feel that Rogue's Gallery should only be for main story line companions or for ones that everyone can get ( like Shiruko Nekko ).
I'm sure Louis may get a Rogue's Gallery, just be patient. A new promotion may even reveal some of his past.
If you want a backstory for those other crew, why not make up one?