Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Question about quests

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 12, 2014
In wizard101 i've reached lvl 82 and I had to do some side quests if I didn't want to fall behind on levels and stuff
I decided to play Pirate101 and at the moment lvl 4

My main question is that
To get to lvl 65 which I think is the cap
Do you need to do side quests at all? or is the main story quest all you need from 1~65
I don't want to leave side quests behind like I did on wizard101 if i'm gonna fall behind on levels
It was a pain to go back to dragonspyre mooshu etc. just to hit lvl 48 so I can go to celestia

thanks for answers

see you in the game :)

-Salty Duncan

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DeliciousGloves on Feb 24, 2015 wrote:
In wizard101 i've reached lvl 82 and I had to do some side quests if I didn't want to fall behind on levels and stuff
I decided to play Pirate101 and at the moment lvl 4

My main question is that
To get to lvl 65 which I think is the cap
Do you need to do side quests at all? or is the main story quest all you need from 1~65
I don't want to leave side quests behind like I did on wizard101 if i'm gonna fall behind on levels
It was a pain to go back to dragonspyre mooshu etc. just to hit lvl 48 so I can go to celestia

thanks for answers

see you in the game :)

-Salty Duncan
Good questions, Salty Duncan and welcome to the message boards! No, you certainly don't need to do side quests to do the main story line, but it is very advisable to do so. Not only do side quests give you extra experience, some give you ( or unlock ) companions they may give training points or nautical experience. Please consider doing side quests, they will help you. Plus I strongly encourage you to do those companion promotion quests as soon as you get them, some players neglect this and soon find that the story has progressed too far for them to do a promo and then they must wait to complete it.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
That is a good question and the answer is you don't need to do side quests, but if you want to be a few levels ahead what you are know for the main quest i recommend these quests. I think companion promotions (you'll learn about them soon) do contribute a little bit but not really.

Also welcome to Pirate101!