Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Yikes! Bugs in the Tent

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Bonnie, Jack, Ratbeard, Decius and KI crew.

I just wanted to check the status on some of the bugs that have infested the Morphing Tent. They are well-known bugs and seem to affect just about every pirate out there. I was just wondering if these too are of that super tricky variety and just really hard to track down, pinpoint and fix. I'm sure they must be, since they still present an issue.

More specifically, I'm referring to the morphing with a partner bugs that either send you or your partner to realm Avery, or trap you in a "chasm of deep and impenetrable darkness", where only you and your follower can be seen (hitting escape 2 times does allow you to go back to the pirate select screen) or the bug that some experience and say forces them to log out completely after being frozen on a loading screen and then having to log back in.

Just curious as to whether this is something that is slated to be fixed in the next major update. It's not a major issue and it certainly would make sense for a place that all kinds of critters congregate, to have lots of bugs-- but it can be tough when you want to thank someone not on your already full friend list, that just helped you morph for a new cute and cuddly, and you are sent to the BLACK SCREEN OF DOOM and they are sent to Avery.....never to cross paths again.

Ok, so a bit dramatic but still would love to give proper thanks in those instances and to hear an update on these pesky little buggers.

Thanks a bunch in advance, for any help or info.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:

I just wanted to check the status on some of the bugs that have infested the Morphing Tent. They are well-known bugs and seem to affect just about every pirate out there. I was just wondering if these too are of that super tricky variety and just really hard to track down, pinpoint and fix. I'm sure they must be, since they still present an issue.

More specifically, I'm referring to the morphing with a partner bugs that either send you or your partner to realm Avery, or trap you in a "chasm of deep and impenetrable darkness", where only you and your follower can be seen (hitting escape 2 times does allow you to go back to the pirate select screen) or the bug that some experience and say forces them to log out completely after being frozen on a loading screen and then having to log back in.

Just curious as to whether this is something that is slated to be fixed in the next major update. It's not a major issue and it certainly would make sense for a place that all kinds of critters congregate, to have lots of bugs-- but it can be tough when you want to thank someone not on your already full friend list, that just helped you morph for a new cute and cuddly, and you are sent to the BLACK SCREEN OF DOOM and they are sent to Avery.....never to cross paths again.

Ok, so a bit dramatic but still would love to give proper thanks in those instances and to hear an update on these pesky little buggers.

Misty and I call it "The Black Abyss".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:

"Chasm of deep and impenetrable darkness" Ohhhhhhhh Nice verbege and VERY accurate.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
The Black Abyss of Doom! I hope that a fix is found soon. I get sent to the Abyss quite often...and I don't think it's good for a pirate's health.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
I call it the Nameless Void. Although now that it has a wonderful name I will just have to adapt

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 16, 2015 wrote:
"Chasm of deep and impenetrable darkness" Ohhhhhhhh Nice verbege and VERY accurate.
Thank ye and yes, it is a rather scary place-- I think even my Not So Great White Shark lost his cheesy, toothy grin a time or two in that place! Hopefully it will get some tending to in the near future and we will all be left happily, side by side in the tent-- after a successful morph, of course.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
One of my pirates likes to hang out there and sell little torches and maps. It's a way to pick up spare change between heroic adventures.

-Indigo