Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

ships

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
I find the game a little harder with ship battles because I do not have enough crowns or gold to get a new ship. You should make another quest where we get a new ship.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Noble Arthur Fairl... on Nov 1, 2014 wrote:
I find the game a little harder with ship battles because I do not have enough crowns or gold to get a new ship. You should make another quest where we get a new ship.
Just do some farming or chest hunting or tackle some of those side quests and save your gold. You can also send unused companions out for stuff that you can sell or just send them out for plain ol' gold.
Then budget your gold and that ship will be yours in no time.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
You don't mention what level you are at or what ships you are talking about. It could be that you are talking about Rafts or Galleons. If you are talking about Rafts (the ship you get at the start the game), there is a quest that will get you the next step up in ships (your Parent's Skiff). If you are talking about higher level ships, It is up to you to use your Gold correctly. The first thing I spend my Gold on is the ship that I am going to need next and its equipment. If I have a choice between types of ships, I almost always buy the Galleon first over the Frigate. I also try to explore the entire world that I am in to find out what ships are available and see how much Gold I will need to get the ship I want.

If I can't buy that ship yet (not far enough along in the game), I will only spend Gold on better Weapons at the Bazaar and only when I've gone up 10 or more levels. Attacking enemies usually provides me with type of equipment I need to survive. KI has provided us with plenty of chances to get Gold, equipment, Pet Gear, or Pet Food by either completing Quests or farming enemies or selling equipment that we no longer need. Spending Gold on Pets is fine but it can leave you without the Gold you need for Ships and equipment. How you spend your Gold is up to you. If you want to do all the Quests or build up your Pets, don't plan on going through this game fast.