Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Massive Dificulty Jump?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 22, 2008
So I entered Mooshu last night as a level 43 Musketeer. Up to this point, I am wearing all level 40 gear boosting up combat damage and Agility, I have my three main companions (El Torro, Bonnie Anne, and Chantal Livingstone) to max level, and yet still I'm having huge difficulty with the enemies.

I've noticed that I can blow up ships without to much trouble, and the same for the sky enemies such as the Storm Koi and Ki-Rin, but yet on the ground, there's nothing but Orange names and Death as far as the eye can see. I can't even take down the first Mooshu boss. Is anyone else experiencing something like this?

Ensign
Dec 26, 2012
I've also noticed this. I am at the point where you have to defeat the Governor of Yagizawa, to help the peasants of the village, to get the next piece of the EL Dorado Map from Egg Foo Young. Even the enemies that walk along the streets are hard to beat. But, especially in the governor's palace, it's REALLY hard and I've tried multiple times to beat it, and I still cannot. It does seem they bumped the difficulty up in Mooshu. I guess we'll just have to keep trying for now.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
one of the best solutions i can offer is to sit at avery's court and ask for help

me along with many other maxes are usually sitting around bored if were not doing the tower or PVP, so i am sure we will gladly help you out

i know i will

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
Yeah They Went Up A Lot In Difficulty In MooShu. They All Had Orange Nametags In the Taxes Quest For My Swashbuckler Even

Brave Owen - level 37 Swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Jerricho1195 on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
So I entered Mooshu last night as a level 43 Musketeer. Up to this point, I am wearing all level 40 gear boosting up combat damage and Agility, I have my three main companions (El Torro, Bonnie Anne, and Chantal Livingstone) to max level, and yet still I'm having huge difficulty with the enemies.

I've noticed that I can blow up ships without to much trouble, and the same for the sky enemies such as the Storm Koi and Ki-Rin, but yet on the ground, there's nothing but Orange names and Death as far as the eye can see. I can't even take down the first Mooshu boss. Is anyone else experiencing something like this?
Hi Jerricho, welcome to the message boards.
When you are overpowered like that, fight them like you did the bumbaloons. Put your crew back against the corner or edge so you can't get surrounded and put the tanks with high life out front and protect them with shielding if you can, then use your bombs and traps and let them come to you. Then fire at them from your safe spot to wear them down and let your swashys finish them off. Sometimes if they miss my bombs or traps I will move my crew to lure them back into the minefield. Lay your traps and bombs and just wait, make them approach to get full advantage of your damage before they even get to you. You could also farm for gear that will add shielding or get some extra heals to keep your crew alive a bit longer.
Plus remember, if you will be fighting shooters, don't use a shooter crew, they will be too resistant to that damage. Don't use a magical fighting crew (Witchdoctors and Musketeers) on the same type of enemy. Use your buccaneers and swashbucklers and get some Valor's Armor or Fortress to protect them. Buff up while you are waiting for them to come to you too. If you enemy are Buccaneer or Swashbuckler, then by all means set up a witchdoctor or musketeer crew and take them down from a safe distance.

Ensign
Nov 25, 2012
Oh yes, definitely. I am thoroughly enjoying the difficulty jump. I was starting to get bored with Cool Ranch. (Deacon was a pushover. Don't see why everybody thinks he's so hard.)

I soloed the dungeon with the governor at level 38 and it came down to the wire. I almost died near the end, something I had managed to avoid through the second half of Cool Ranch. Now, dying and going back to try again is a regular part of playing pirate101 for me. If you think the governor's dungeon is hard, just wait until you do the bandit cave. The enemies inside completely dismantled the strategy that had done me so well through Cool Ranch.

I wasn't expecting any less going into MooShu. It makes sense for KI to put a difficulty jump at level 40. They did it in wizard101. And like Logan said, it's perfectly okay to ask for help. Perhaps you should look into hiring a mercenary for charter.

Cunning Nicholas Sharp, Level 41

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
That Death and Taxes quest was outright atrocious. I wasn't prepared for something that hard! The Bull Ronin was level 38 and scrubbed the terrace with my head! Then I promoted Lucy Sterling, Exeter, and Uga Buga, but I still couldn't do it. El Toro dies too fast.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Based on my experience, Moo Shu is indeed very challenging and long but not as long as Cool Ranch.At least there are lots of side quests in Moo Shu to strengthen our pirates.That should help to ease the challenge or at least ask a willing player for help. I hope this post help.