Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

My li'l bunny has ethical issues?

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
At the moment my most active pirate is a privateer named Karic Atherton. For the last several levels his combat pet has been a (hybrid) white-tailed jackalope named Mister Hunter, mainly picked because he has the epic "Grants Regroup" power, but also because he has the "Assassin's Mist" power and the "First Strike 2" talent. Now, Mr. Hunter's Regroup shows up in my draw very frequently, and he is not shy about smackin' anyone who tries to hit him, but in all of our fights together (I would estimate 30+) he has never, ever, ever cast his "Assassin's Mist". Not once (it is hard to miss, after all). Now, one of my other pirates has a pet with Assassin's Mist (one of Mister Hunter's parents, in fact) and he casts his very, very frequently. I have not run that pirate in a while, but I would guess at least 50% of the time, Dad poisons the opposition. But Mr. Hunter simply won't use it.

So, is there some aspect of how talents trigger that I don't know about that might be the issue, has Mister H. signed the pet equivalent of the Geneva Protocol against the use of poisonous weapons, or is there a nefarious bug at work (in which case, I am posting in the wrong forum)? Anyone have any insights?

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Indigo Ring on Oct 18, 2014 wrote:
At the moment my most active pirate is a privateer named Karic Atherton. For the last several levels his combat pet has been a (hybrid) white-tailed jackalope named Mister Hunter, mainly picked because he has the epic "Grants Regroup" power, but also because he has the "Assassin's Mist" power and the "First Strike 2" talent. Now, Mr. Hunter's Regroup shows up in my draw very frequently, and he is not shy about smackin' anyone who tries to hit him, but in all of our fights together (I would estimate 30+) he has never, ever, ever cast his "Assassin's Mist". Not once (it is hard to miss, after all). Now, one of my other pirates has a pet with Assassin's Mist (one of Mister Hunter's parents, in fact) and he casts his very, very frequently. I have not run that pirate in a while, but I would guess at least 50% of the time, Dad poisons the opposition. But Mr. Hunter simply won't use it.

So, is there some aspect of how talents trigger that I don't know about that might be the issue, has Mister H. signed the pet equivalent of the Geneva Protocol against the use of poisonous weapons, or is there a nefarious bug at work (in which case, I am posting in the wrong forum)? Anyone have any insights?

-Indigo
Totally laughing out loud. I am truly sorry your pet is misbehaving but your "pet possibly signing the Geneva Protocol against the use of poisonous weapons" line is hysterical.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Most interesting. I have a similar problem.

My Bestia purchased lion fish does not use it's Lionheart ability. The pet is lv65 with max power, I have only seen it cast Lionheart ONCE since I've had it. It also has Lightning Shot and Cloudstalker which it does use some. Mostly the fish just runs up and smacks things with a basic physical hit, the specials aren't it's first choice on attacks. I was debating posting about this in The Bilge Pump.

I think I have a pet or two with assassin's mist, I'll have to get them out and see if they cast it.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
He has been Mister Busy Bunny since my previous post: another two dozen plus fights. Still no Assassin's Mist. He also has the Ancestral Shot power - that one he uses fairly frequently, at least a third of the time.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Has your bunny ever been surrounded? Maybe he's waiting for the opportunity to try a little 'mass extinction'?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Yes, he has, Anecorbie. Indeed, one of his favorite pass-times is to gallop into the spot Goronado's eying as the ideal location for his "Gorilla Warfare" ability - and then only attack one person instead of the three or four the Big G. would have hit. In the fight against the cave scorpions in the Arroyo, he had five targets one turn, but still didn't use his nifty Assassin's Mist power. *Sigh*. I was hoping Decius might give me a hint whether he is bugged or if there is something else going on that is intentional that we don't know about.

-Indigo