Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A couple of questions:

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 29, 2009
I've decided to ask these questions because they've been burning in the back of my mind for a while now:

1. During the tutorial fight with the Battle Angels they are shown to have critical animations while the Battle Angels in Marleybone only use there critical attacks without any special effects. Why is this?

2. During the Khotan quest when we get through the gate Ratbeard says about going into the dojo and getting a key to Tso's inner sanctum but after the enemies are defeated before the dojo encounter we get the key. Is this intentional or a bug? Also the first set of dialogue when entering the dojo has disappeared.

Administrator
Line Mountain on Jul 20, 2014 wrote:
I've decided to ask these questions because they've been burning in the back of my mind for a while now:

1. During the tutorial fight with the Battle Angels they are shown to have critical animations while the Battle Angels in Marleybone only use there critical attacks without any special effects. Why is this?

2. During the Khotan quest when we get through the gate Ratbeard says about going into the dojo and getting a key to Tso's inner sanctum but after the enemies are defeated before the dojo encounter we get the key. Is this intentional or a bug? Also the first set of dialogue when entering the dojo has disappeared.
Hi!

1- This was done to make the Battle Angels' critical moves intentionally unique to the Tutorial.

2- This sounds a bit like a perception issue? There are two gates. The outer gate and the inner gate--both are locked. The first gate is opened for us from the inside as guards come rushing out to investigate the explosion. The inner gate key is found within the Barracks, and it is this key that Ratbeard mentions. That said, I personally haven't run this encounter for a while. You can find the full quest dialog on the Pirate101 Central wiki. If for some reason Ratbeard's dialogue is out of place or if you can enter the inner gate without attacking the Barracks, please follow up on this post.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
May 29, 2009
Perhaps I should elaborate more:

* Inner Sanctum: Ratbeard does mention about attacking the barracks for the Inner Gate key but when we defeat the enemies outside the barracks the goal says that we have collected the key and can enter the Inner Sanctum.