Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I feel ignored like no one wants me on the boards

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Hi everyone so here's the deal when I go into any other post people stop posting there
and I know that for a
fact because it happened yesterday.

Also I feel like everyone secretly hates me on the message boards.

Also I feel like no one looks at my posts or even wants me on the boards.

And goodbye for a while with my posts and 2 more things.
Ever since I joined i always felt like you all hated me and I'm not trying to put words in your mouth.

I am about to take a permanent break from the message boards and never come back.

Good luck to you all.

Sincerly krokotopia pirate

Gunner's Mate
Jul 08, 2013
krokotopia pirate on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Hi everyone so here's the deal when I go into any other post people stop posting there
and I know that for a

Ever since I joined i always felt like you all hated me and I'm not trying to put words in your mouth.

I am about to take a permanent break from the message boards and never come back.

Good luck to you all.

WHAT?????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ( sry for caps ) we don't hate you everbody has there mistakes ( believe me i've been there ) i almost quit cus of something but i stayed we don't hate you but if i can't get you to say well fair sailing mate like what chrissy said ounce a message board marder always a message board mardeer ( ok so i can't spell very good )

fearless talon Lewis

ill be sure to bust some armada for ya

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
and I know that for a

Good luck to you all.

Hi Rebecca, I honestly don't think anyone hates you or chooses to ignore you.

Most people don't hate anyone they have never even met and quite frankly there is nothing you have done to make anyone here hate you. Hate is a very strong word and one that usually requires some pretty strong actions by someone in order to cause others to feel and react that strongly.

There's a whoooooole lot of "traffic" on the message boards and sometimes many posts get overlooked or just not seen at all. We all have had many of our own posts or threads go simply unnoticed, mainly due to the fact that there is so much great info and fun posting being done on the boards- it's hard to view and respond to everything. I really would like to encourage you to try not to take anything said or not said here on the boards too personally or to heart. Everyone on the boards are a great and valuable member of the Pirate101 community, even if something goes unnoticed.

It can help to post without your intentions being to garner a response from others. Just post what you enjoy or anything you wish to contribute. If no one responds it doesn't mean what you have to say is any less valuable. They are your thoughts, your ideas and your words. No body here can take that away from you. I, as well as many others, have had lots of posts responded to and equally lots that slip through the cracks. Those that went unnoticed or not replied to are still something I was glad to share with you and the other message boarders. Just keep contributing and sharing your thoughts- response or no response....you are valuable and so are your ideas, whether you get a reply or a yar or no reply at all.

Recently you have had some really great threads/posts and a lot of people took time to share their thoughts and input with you. I would hope that would mean something to you and allow you to see that we do appreciate you being here on the boards, along with everyone else. Your "Great Writers" thread and a couple other recent ones were very nice threads and a good bit of posters replied. You are certainly not hated.

But if you need a break from the boards, we wish you the best of luck and will surely hope you return again!

Take care, Rebecca!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
and I know that for a

Good luck to you all.

Aww, don't feel bad! Nobody hates you on these boards! I promise you.

If you're getting yars, that means people DO read your posts and DO appreciate what you have to say. Don't think for a second we choose to ignore or or we secretly hate you. None of us do. Plus when it comes to posting, sometimes it can take up to an entire day for a new post to show up on a thread you have posted in, so don't think you're the reason nobody else posts. It happens to me all the time too.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
and I know that for a

Good luck to you all.

You do remember that this is a moderated board,so it may be a day or two before the replies to your posts show up.

Yes, it's nice to get a response, and nicer to get one immediately, but KI fora are not the place to come for instant gratification that way. You are not a thread killer, any more than any of the others of us are. Many of us have the last post on a thread. It just means we thought of the last thing worth taking the time to type out for a while.

I cannot think of anyone other than a very young person that would "hate" someone they had only ever seen brief typed missives from, unless those messages were themselves full of vitriol. I have never seen that from any of your posts.

But you know, sometimes when we spend too much time and effort on one thing, it behooves us to take a break for a little while. Take your break, but when you're fresh and rested, come on back and post with us.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
nobody hates you, how could we?!? your very appreciated here and just because no one answers your post every once in awhile doesn't mean we don't like you. the traffic on the boards is slow so people might have answered your post but it just is going to take awhile to see it. i look at your posts and want you to stay on. and believe me, sometimes people don't post on a thread after i post but that doesn't mean they did it on purpose, i might have settled the argument for everyone or the thread got boring and nobody wanted to go on it anymore. but believe me, EVERYBODY wants you to stay on, so will you please

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hate you?! No way! Sometimes an updated post can get lost in the shuffle, so many words and posts, I know I've had few. It's not personal, just a mistake HUG

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
and I know that for a

Good luck to you all.

But I will miss you!

If you leave then I won't post anymore because it will be too sad without you :(

Captain
Jun 26, 2010
Argh, that be a filthy lie lass we pirates here love ye to death, whatever ye were thinking that no one love ye be dead wrong and don't ye never, EVER forget that ye here me, ye will always be love here got it!

- Deadeye Jack Morgan

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
You're kidding right? I enjoy your posts and threads! And I'm not the only one who feels the same way. None of us hates you and of course we all want you on the boards; the more pirates the better. Like we said, the traffic here is slow and posts come in a day or two late. Plus, I'm guilty of not checking the boards for a couple days. However, I try to read everyone's threads and posts and leave a yar here and there. The main issue to all of this is simply time. We're not ignoring you, and we apologize for making it seem that way. It's really nothing personal. When you come back, be certain of an even more welcoming group of marauders here waiting for you.

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Please do not stop posting Rachel

Ensign
May 27, 2012
I feel the need to apologise here. I love reading the message boards and find out what other people's ideas and opinions are but haven't really thought about how important a YAR might be to someone. I've read a post, agreed with it or not and then moved on to another one that interests me. I will try very hard in the future to post a YAR.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I don't know how old you are, Krokotopia Pirate, but realize that what you posted is an ages old cry for attention.

There is not a message board anywhere that doesn't have a post in it somewhere from a lonely person who is lamenting the lack of responses to their posts and saying they are leaving forever, only to stick around and see what kind of response it gets.

Much as I hate to use the word, there is a word for such a post. It is called a troll.

Realize that it takes around 24 hours for your post to appear, and another 24 hours for even the first response to your post to appear.

If you want people to respond to your posts, write something worth responding to. Making all your text a myriad of colors isn't the way to do that.

Realize that we don't hate you. There is not a single post on this board that invokes hatred in anyone. If there were, it would be removed by the moderators. In fact, it would not be posted in the first place.

The best place to seek attention and responses is from real people like your family and friends, not from anonymous posters on the internet.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
krokotopia pirate on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
Please do not stop posting Rachel
Then you keep posting, your threads are GREAT and I definitely read them
k?

Bosun
Sep 09, 2010
Community Leader
Cant hate someone I don't know.

I encourage all to use the boards, realize there are delays in their own posts being displayed, and once they are displayed there are delays in any responses from being displayed (with very few exceptions, like community leader posts).

A pirates life can be lonely at times I reckon... good thing we have companions to sail along with us, eh?

Keep at it, there be no hate here.... Jack and his cronies just wouldn't allow it! ;)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV