Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Our very own pirate character quotes

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Gruesome Hannah: "I was galloping through the flowers, happy as could be...Then I woke up on a tossing ship and violently threw over the side - it wasn't the ship that did it.

Fiery Courtney: "I had this great quote; then I forgot it. Shoot!"

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
"Who was I before I came to Skull Island? That.......is classified. I am afraid that if I revealed my true identity, and who I REALLY was, the Spiral itself would unravel..........because all of you knew me at some point in time.........as a CONQUEROR."- Slick Michael Radcliffe, describing what he did in his past.

"The captain is an enigma, wrapped in a mystery, and then topped with a riddle. His past is shrouded in mystery, and many of us are too afraid to even begin to imagine what he did in his past."-Doctor Noh.

"I and I have seen only fragments of the captain's past with my magic. He has a different, more powerful form than I and I can even begin to imagine. Who did the captain used to be........that question rattles my bones even now."-Old Scratch.

"This pirate is an apocalyptic threat.......not because of the size of his crew of because of his status. But because of what damage he could do to our empire if he reverted to his more powerful self........this is why we hunt him. I have seen him in action, AGES ago, in his more powerful form, and you have not seen horror until you see him tear apart a Dragoon Leader with his BARE HANDS."-Letter from the late Deacon to Kane.

"I fear no pirate......but that........THING.......it scares me."-Moo Manchu, describing Michael Radcliffe's other form, seen in a vision.

"Should Commander Radcliffe transform into his other form, you are to RETREAT AND NOT LOOK BACK. Should he lock eyes with you......his unyielding vengeance will be the last thing you witness."-Skull Island Emergency Protocol No.169, in case Michael Radcliffe loses control of his alternate form.

"Commander Radcliffe can transform without warning.......and that is why the Armada never sets a time to finish this island off, even though they are so close. They don't DARE to awaken the Commander's other self, knowing it will lead to their EXTINCTION."-Captain Avery.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
"Boucan do it!" -Life motto

"COOOOOOLLLEEEMMMAAAANNNN!!!!" -When I'm angry

"By the gardens of Granceia, YEEEESSSS!!!" -When I'm putting emphasis on excitement

Nicknames for the crew members:

Peter Quint: "Pete"

Kobe Yojimbo: "Koboe"

Old Scratch: "Dr. Scratch"

Christobal Jimenez: "Gloria"

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer
Boucan do it!
Current Goal: Defeat Count de Brass!

Ensign
Jun 08, 2012
Clever Trevor: "Your greatest asset, weapon, and feature is your brain. Thus, that's why owls are superior compared to ducks. Man I hate ducks...No offense Bill..."

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
Dead-eye Destiny Dev'x:

"See that there? No, not that...that. Right there. I'm going to go there, and nobody's going to stop me. Not even you."

"No, no, no, you see? Well, of course you don't; That's why I'm talking." (Dramatic spin, likely spinning the other person around by the hand) "It's a brilliant concept, really. A fantastic one, one known to the ages as the finest, most complex of its kind!" (veers in very close, eyes wide, huge grin plastered on face) "And I don't know it, either."

"Simple, easy, noxious. Poison is an art, one that must be tended to...carefully." (All while sitting in the middle of a circle of poison spores, writing in a journal while no enemies dare get closer)

"There's a line that you can cross. And if you cross it, I'll attack you." (Squats down casually) "You know you shouldn't cross that line...but your feet always want you to. Sometimes, they speak louder..." (Stands up and draws weapons) "...like they did today. The line is far behind you already." (Attacks)

"Leave it to me!" (runs off laughing)

Darling Donna Dev'x:

"Precision. That's what it's a game of - precision and wit."

"If you take one more step forward, you'll wish you lived your life in the sea!" (All while gesturing to combustibles)

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
"In the fog of war, it's hard to see beyond the next leg of the mission, or the next punch in a fight. I did everything to save Earth with my friends from the Armada. But when the fog finally lifted.........there wasn't much left to save." Michael Radcliffe, re-living events from his past.
"You laugh at me? UNWISE."-Slick Michael Radcliffe.

"I joined Captain Radcliffe's crew because I was tired of only defending, not attacking. Kane's gonna rue the day he attacked Marleybone."-Commodore Dan.

"The Armada works like a clock.......remove one gear.....and the whole mess comes crashing down. All we need to do is remove the right gear."-Gracie Conrad.

"I may be a rich captain, but with the Armada still on the warpath, I don't intend to retire until Kane's mask is above my fireplace mantle."-Slick Michael Radcliffe.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
(on completing a dungeon) "I intend to finish this with or without you."

(on fighting the enemy) "We fight until we win or die."

(on the crew) "The only reason I am captain is because the crew believes it should be so. I train and pay them well and they know I care for their welfare in battle, so when the time comes they will fight their best for me because it's not really for me but for us."

"There is nothing like a good fight but the best fights are the ones that never begin."

(on fighting other pirates) "I did my time in the arena and I killed many pirates but I have learned it isn't really a strength to willingly take a life just for the heck of it. I prefer to save lives and to protect. There is enough ugliness in the world as it is."

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
I have a few, including "Excitement! Explosions! Michael Bay!" and the laughing "AHA! Ha-ha-ha," but my personal favorite is reciting "I'm gonna kill you so bad, you're gonna wish you were dead" before a finishing blow. Most other fights go like this:

Seamus: All right, let's do this!
Bonnie Anne: Wait Seamus, we don't have everyo-
Seamus: LEEROY!
Bonnie Anne: No Seamus, don't fight the-
Seamus: JENKINS!
*runs into fight without any precautions whatsoever*
El Toro: The Captain has spoken! We follow! (music)
Bonnie Anne: FINE.
*end of fight*
Seamus: Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds!
Bonnie Anne: *facepalms*

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Oh boy.....Valkoor has a ton of them! Here's a few.

Valkoor on Mondays- "Look at me, I'm a pirate. YIPPEEEEEEEE!"

Valkoor on Tuesdays- "Look at me, I've got horns on my head. WAHHOOOOOOO!!!....and I'm still a pirate!!!"

Valkoor on the state of the economy- "Doubloons.....yes, Doubloons-- that's the answer right there! And shared banks wouldn't hurt either."

Valkoor on Wednesdays- "I enter into battle with you, fine Spiral foe, with mixed emotions. Yes I would like to swab the deck with you, but on the other hook-- I admire you for even want to face a pirate the likes of me! Tis' a quandary, but I think I'll go with the whoopin' up on you, nonetheless......thanks for having me!"

Wednesday on Valkoor- "Stop stalling and get over my hump.......COME ON MAN, you're a pirate! ONWARD!"

Valkoor on kitties and puppies- "AWWWWWWWWWWWWW"

Valkoor on Thursday mornings- "Ugh, realm hopping again! Don't let anyone one tell you morphing is easy. Believe me I would know, I put the "orph" in morphing! (yeah, I don't know what that is supposed to mean, I just had to say it for some reason)

Valkoor on Thursday evenings- "I LOVE tater tots.....and fish sticks. Gorton's Fishermen, I DOOO trust you! Such yummy goodness. Now.........to BATTLE!

Valkoor on Fridays- "Ratbeard, stop smelling those Assassin's Gloom plants, those ain't actual roses....and they ain't for our noses-- hmm, now that I think about it, maybe that's what's wrong with ye!"

Valkoor on Dance of Steel- "1...2...3....Infernal Wave....spin....2...3...Hold the Line....2...3...now, Shadowstep...and Double Tap...and dip...1...2...bow...Counter Gambit...Charming Gaze....3...4...Call to Arms...present....The Big Guns...1...2...now Jobu's Kiss....<EEK>....Epic Strike....2...3...4....scratch Jobu's Kiss....1...2....REGROUP....bow....and Crow's Song....2...3....mint.....and Storm Breath....now, Weasel War Dance....RELENTLESS....and step back....1....2...finish strong....Go Bananas!....2...3...4....grab hand....Follow Through.....and bow!"

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:

Valkoor on Tuesdays- "Look at me, I've got horns on my head. WAHHOOOOOOO!!!....and I'm still a pirate!!!"

Valkoor on the state of the economy- "Doubloons.....yes, Doubloons-- that's the answer right there! And shared banks wouldn't hurt either."

Valkoor on Wednesdays- "I enter into battle with you, fine Spiral foe, with mixed emotions. Yes I would like to swab the deck with you, but on the other hook-- I admire you for even want to face a pirate the likes of me! Tis' a quandary, but I think I'll go with the whoopin' up on you, nonetheless......thanks for having me!"

Wednesday on Valkoor- "Stop stalling and get over my hump.......COME ON MAN, you're a pirate! ONWARD!"

Valkoor on Thursday mornings- "Ugh, realm hopping again! Don't let anyone one tell you morphing is easy. Believe me I would know, I put the "orph" in morphing! (yeah, I don't know what that is supposed to mean, I just had to say it for some reason)

Valkoor on Thursday evenings- "I LOVE tater tots.....and fish sticks. Gorton's Fishermen, I DOOO trust you! Such yummy goodness. Now.........to BATTLE!

Valkoor on Fridays- "Ratbeard, stop smelling those Assassin's Gloom plants, those ain't actual roses....and they ain't for our noses-- hmm, now that I think about it, maybe that's what's wrong with ye!"

Valkoor on Dance of Steel- "1...2...3....Infernal Wave....spin....2...3...Hold the Line....2...3...now, Shadowstep...and Double Tap...and dip...1...2...bow...Counter Gambit...Charming Gaze....3...4...Call to Arms...present....The Big Guns...1...2...now Jobu's Kiss....<EEK>....Epic Strike....2...3...4....scratch Jobu's Kiss....1...2....REGROUP....bow....and Crow's Song....2...3....mint.....and Storm Breath....now, Weasel War Dance....RELENTLESS....and step back....1....2...finish strong....Go Bananas!....2...3...4....grab hand....Follow Through.....and bow!"
I love the dance reference, I can even see how it could be 'performed'!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:
I love the dance reference, I can even see how it could be 'performed'!
Why thank you Esperanza. I'm not exactly the best at writing out a dance sequence- especially one using talents and powers from a pirate game. But I have to admit it, I've been practicing it a bit and it's a pretty fun dance!

Ensign
Jul 13, 2014
Dashing David Deveraux: "If at first you don't succeed, get stronger and kill your enemy!"

Captain
May 16, 2011
Ooh. I gotta try this.

*Muttering* "Why can't Marleybone lay off a little? I only took several hundred bags of gold from them in a couple weeks...." - Wolf Nitingale Ironside/Wolf Ironside Nitingale

*Slowly getting quieter* "Ahahahahahaha.......!" - Hank Shadowblaze Ironside

*Looking insane* "Lalalalalalalala" - Talon Hawking

"Why does Hank do random stuff?" - Connor Deveaurux

"Die die die die die die!" - Sean Deveaurux

"This is the most dangerous place in the Spiral? Let's go!" - Liam Zest

Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
A few more.

Warwick Orleans, Privateer (one of my all-time favorite fan-fiction characters to write)

"You sure about that?"

"Let me take of it."

"Tell me...if you think this is a good idea, then how many times have you actually ameliorated a situation?"

"So, it's just you and me, huh? Too bad for you."

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
''When I was young,I used to be afraid of the dark.As I grew older,it grew too.After learning the secrets of darkness,I worked in the darkness.I used to fear the dark,but ultimately,I'm afraid of myself.''

Smiling Moira Brewster.

The smiling part is meant for irony.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
DS Devereaux on Oct 19, 2014 wrote:
A few more.

Warwick Orleans, Privateer (one of my all-time favorite fan-fiction characters to write)

"You sure about that?"

"Let me take of it."

"Tell me...if you think this is a good idea, then how many times have you actually ameliorated a situation?"

"So, it's just you and me, huh? Too bad for you."
Nice, Um.......I DO hope I am not the only one that had to look up "ameliorated" Lovely word.
*Makes checkmark in the 'Learned something new today' box* Thanks Destiny for keeping me on my toes.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Oct 16, 2014 wrote:

LOL the funniest thing is I can imagine your pirate saying and doing every one of these.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Quentin Irving don't give up I know we can do it now let's kick some butt

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
MistyDragon13 on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
LOL the funniest thing is I can imagine your pirate saying and doing every one of these.
Oh yes, you know me all too well Misty! I'm sure you have even had the 'pleasure' of reading an on screen bubble chat of the "WAHOO" variety (no dots!!)-- there is no escape! Consider yourself lucky though, imagine how I feel-- I actually have to live with myself!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Oct 14, 2014 wrote:
"You laugh at me? UNWISE."-Slick Michael Radcliffe.

"I joined Captain Radcliffe's crew because I was tired of only defending, not attacking. Kane's gonna rue the day he attacked Marleybone."-Commodore Dan.

"The Armada works like a clock.......remove one gear.....and the whole mess comes crashing down. All we need to do is remove the right gear."-Gracie Conrad.

"I may be a rich captain, but with the Armada still on the warpath, I don't intend to retire until Kane's mask is above my fireplace mantle."-Slick Michael Radcliffe.
"You know the worst part about being a sniper? Waiting for hours for your target to appear during an assassination mission......and you have to go to the bathroom."-Slick Michael Radcliffe.

"Why, WHY!?!? Why did it have to be Bumbaloons!?!?"-Michael Radcliffe.

"I've always wondered why the Nefarious Five aren't ever that nefarious once I'm finished with them."-Michael Radcliffe.

"What is there to say about the captain? He's certainly ornery, AND he's rather nefarious with the way he look."-Chantal Livingstone.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 20, 2014 wrote:
Nice, Um.......I DO hope I am not the only one that had to look up "ameliorated" Lovely word.
*Makes checkmark in the 'Learned something new today' box* Thanks Destiny for keeping me on my toes.
Chrissy, don't feel too bad....I also was a bit of a stranger to that word. I thought that maybe it was something Ms. Earhart did to rejuvenate her pores and leave her skin more radiant. But then I realized that would be amelia-rated and not amelio-rated. So, maybe Mr. Estevez?.....no wait that would be emilio-rated!

Either way....I was way off!