Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

About renaming ships

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
Quite a while ago I renamed my Swashbuckler's second ship (the one from parents) Silver Dawn, though I don't remember where. Recently I gave her a newer ship, and wanting to keep with the "Dawn" theme (her name is Aurora... thought it cute) I went to rename it but couldn't find "Dawn" anywhere in the list offered.

My question is this: do different ship renamers offer different names? Or are the names different due to ship size, style, or something else entirely? Perhaps they're even random. I clearly don't know, but I'd like any input available. Thanks!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trelweny on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:
Quite a while ago I renamed my Swashbuckler's second ship (the one from parents) Silver Dawn, though I don't remember where. Recently I gave her a newer ship, and wanting to keep with the "Dawn" theme (her name is Aurora... thought it cute) I went to rename it but couldn't find "Dawn" anywhere in the list offered.

My question is this: do different ship renamers offer different names? Or are the names different due to ship size, style, or something else entirely? Perhaps they're even random. I clearly don't know, but I'd like any input available. Thanks!
The ships are named by origin, our parents ship, being a Skull Island Skiff uses names common to Skull Island.
A Monquistan ship uses Monquistan names, etc. As with me, because I have the mermaid on my flag, I try to find 'mermaid' related names ( this didn't work for Monquista, MooShu, or Marleybone. ) Now I have an Aquilan Galleon and I was able to name her Avenging Siren!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Trelweny on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:

Hi Trelweny, welcome to the message boards. Yea the ship names differ depending on what type of ship it is. It can't hurt to bring it up here though, We can always request additions to the name lists. The game developers are always doing things for us that we suggest. Ya never know what will be possible unless ya ask.

Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011
The name of your ship choices vary depending on the world of which it came from.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I believe ship names are based on the origin world of the ship.

Say you have a Monquistan Skiff. It's name, and the list of names that the vendor for ship renaming gives would be influenced by the Spanish language. A MooShu ship's list of possible name combos would be influenced by Chinese/Japanese stuff. (My MooShu ships are named Imperial Dragon and Golden Phoenix.) Cool Ranch ships are Bison origin, and the Bison are basically Native Americans, so that's reflected in the lists as well since the names are all things in nature. (My two Bison ships are named Dancing Wolf and Stormy Sky.) To sum that up: wherever the ship is from, the name will be influenced by the origin world's culture.

I hope this helps!

-Misty Jackson, level 53 Swashbuckler

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I believe that you can rename your ship on the Skull Island Docks for those who don't know.

Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
Thank you all very much! It's disappointing that I can't (at this time) get the name I want for the ship I intended but it's good to know. You all were very informative. :hugs:

Petty Officer
Feb 05, 2013
It depends on the origin. A skull island ship for example, would have piratey skull island names, because it's origin is: Pirate. For example: Pirate Origin: Dusty Buccaneer. Bison Origin: Faithful Weaver. Aquilan Ship: Olympic Spartan. Marley Bone Ship: Iron Hound.

So it depends on which origin it has.