Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Thanks for the free crowns

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
The trivia on freekigames is lots of fun. You only get 10 crowns for doing well but if i play lots of trivia everyday, I will be able to buy a few tribal packs! Thanks!

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
EMC99 on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
The trivia on freekigames is lots of fun. You only get 10 crowns for doing well but if i play lots of trivia everyday, I will be able to buy a few tribal packs! Thanks!
I agree, this is a great way to test your knowledge of Pirate101 and Wizard101 along with a few others.
Remember if you get at least 10 done, you can use the crowns to stitch an item if you like :D
or you could save up until your crown total is reaching the thousands and maybe buy a mount.

Overall it is a fun way to earn crowns

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Rachel Dreamsong on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
I agree, this is a great way to test your knowledge of Pirate101 and Wizard101 along with a few others.
Remember if you get at least 10 done, you can use the crowns to stitch an item if you like :D
or you could save up until your crown total is reaching the thousands and maybe buy a mount.

Overall it is a fun way to earn crowns
I think these trivia quizzes are a blast to earn some free Crowns. Previously there were unauthorized attempts, which I am not going to speak of, and that I haven't been in a single one of them.

A quick question/suggestion. I think that if we get all answers in a trivia quiz correct, that is to say 100%, wouldn't we get a random yet slightly bigger amount of free Crowns, say, oh, about 20 to 50 Crowns? Being a perfectionist on trivia quizzes on KIFreeGames should have at least a slightly bigger reward.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I got 100% on one of the trivia quizzes just today, and I felt very excited that I got it, yet all I got from getting 100% on quizzes was 10 Crowns, & I felt that it was a little bit of a bummer that I didn't get a bigger, yet random, free Crowns reward bonus just by getting 100% on a trivia quiz. You know, getting 100% on trivia quizzes should have greater bonuses, that is to say, getting more than 10 free Crowns. What good is getting 100% on quizzes if the reward is only 10 free Crowns & we don't get a bigger Crowns bonus by getting to that? Just saying.

If One-Eyed Jack can hear this, I think my suggestion of getting a bigger random free Crowns bonus by getting 100% on trivia quizzes should be passed on to those who came up with the idea of free Crowns through trivia at KIFreeGames, which are such brilliant geniuses who came up with that, I tell you. I would like to see that happen there.

I mean, in trivia quizzes, getting at least 75% that rewards 10 Crowns, that's fine, but getting up to 100%, really needs to have a bigger amount than that. I know. Does anyone else like to see a bigger random Crowns reward bonus from getting 100% on trivia quizzes?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Trimond297 on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
I think these trivia quizzes are a blast to earn some free Crowns. Previously there were unauthorized attempts, which I am not going to speak of, and that I haven't been in a single one of them.

A quick question/suggestion. I think that if we get all answers in a trivia quiz correct, that is to say 100%, wouldn't we get a random yet slightly bigger amount of free Crowns, say, oh, about 20 to 50 Crowns? Being a perfectionist on trivia quizzes on KIFreeGames should have at least a slightly bigger reward.
Come on now, they are FREE crowns. Let's not look a free crowns chest in the mouth.
Besides it is easy to check your answers and once you know them, what is the point of a bonus reward. Possibly for only doing it the first time when you are truly testing your knowledge but I suspect that would be a programing nightmare to have the page "know" if it was your first time taking that test.
Let's just be grateful that KingsIsle has provided a way for you to get free crowns. I mean think about it, they are giving away the equivalent of real money. They are sacrificing their own profits to make you guys happy. A little consideration would sure be nice.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Come on now, they are FREE crowns. Let's not look a free crowns chest in the mouth.
Besides it is easy to check your answers and once you know them, what is the point of a bonus reward. Possibly for only doing it the first time when you are truly testing your knowledge but I suspect that would be a programing nightmare to have the page "know" if it was your first time taking that test.
Let's just be grateful that KingsIsle has provided a way for you to get free crowns. I mean think about it, they are giving away the equivalent of real money. They are sacrificing their own profits to make you guys happy. A little consideration would sure be nice.
Chrissy, I know that. Free Crowns are free Crowns. And I get what you're saying.

Of course we're grateful that KingsIsle did provide an official way for us to get free Crowns, which we are, but I'm only just saying that if we get up to 100% by getting all answers on a trivia quiz correct, we should at least receive a slightly bigger bonus. No harm in doing that, right?

No offense, but I don't think it would be a "programming nightmare" if we're trying to get all answers correct. Getting at least 75% does reward 10 Crowns, I know that, but with enough practice & memorization, getting to 100% would be worth a little more free Crowns. I'm not asking for a whole lot, just a little more.

Consideration is nice and all, and I know that, but I'm just only suggesting, that's all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
As far as I know NO other MMO will give you free 'real' money to use in game! That's so awesome, considering that buying crowns is what runs the company that makes this game!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
As far as I know NO other MMO will give you free 'real' money to use in game! That's so awesome, considering that buying crowns is what runs the company that makes this game!
You... are... so... right. No other MMO will give us free 'real' money for us to use in their games! I don't even think there even was one before this during that time. Maybe not even ever before this happened. With the free Crowns through trivia, it's like earning it through it. Amazing!

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I think the 10 Crowns (up to 100 for "successful" 10 tries) is pretty dog gone generous myself. Looking at it from our own individual perspectives, it doesn't seem like a whole lot- but 0 Crowns isn't that much either. Getting anything FREE is wonderful, no matter the amount of the said FREE item. But cumulatively across the P101 Community, that's a whole lotta Crowns. Even if, say 10,000-50,000 players play the Trivia and achieve only 10 Crowns a day (gifted money) that adds up to quite a large number for KI to shell out per day, per week, per month.....

Something that I wouldn't mind seeing is a reward system put in place for those who invest their own money into the game. The more money/Crowns you invest into the game, the greater your reward. Maybe a tiered reward system could be put in place and you'd receive a gift from KI once you reach certain Game/Crown/Promotional Items/Bundle purchased plateaus. For every certain amount of Crowns you spend you get to pick from a list of in game No Auction/No Trade for the pirate of your choosing (possibly through a code). Those with memberships and pay to play pirates would automatically qualify for a lower tiered item as well and gain more when and if they spend more. Granted the tiers could be well spaced out to prevent KI from having to shell out a ton of free items.

The more you end up spending, the better your reward. Sounds like a pretty decent marketing tactic to me....I can't imagine that giving away an in game, already programmed item would hurt KIs monetarily too much. And I would think that it would help increase spending from the players, especially knowing that they would be getting an added bonus for doing so.

For us players, it would sure feel like we were making out like pirates and being rewarded for our dedication and financial investments into this amazing game and KI as well. And it would possibly build more revenue for KI to ensure that we continue to marvel in all of the glory that is Pirate101.