Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Swashbucklers not getting eagle

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 13, 2013
My dream companion, a eagle hoplite was awarded to my friend a buccaneer yet I get nothin Will i ever get a eagle? -Taylor Stevenson lvl 62 swashbuckler

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Taylor Stevenson on Apr 21, 2014 wrote:
My dream companion, a eagle hoplite was awarded to my friend a buccaneer yet I get nothin Will i ever get a eagle? -Taylor Stevenson lvl 62 swashbuckler
When you finish the Labyrinth, return to Nova Aquila, and see an Eagle named Pixelles. He will start you on a quest that will eventually lead you to get Samocles, an eagle gladiator. And don't forget to go to Achaea and talk to the Eagle near the aquaduct, his quest gets you Zeena, Amazon princess. And of course you will be getting Hawkules from the main quest line. So you get 3 Eagles!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Yes you will get your eagle, as long as you do your side quests. You will get Samocles from a quest called Kitty given by Eagea. He is in Nova Aquila and the pre quest is Them Crooked Vultures.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Hey Taylor, welcome to the boards

Each class gets their own companions throughout the entire story. So while you may have started the game with Subodai, your buccaneer friend starts with Kobe. I believe Swashbucklers get an Eagle companion through a side quest in Aquila. I think it is in Nova Aquila, you can consult the Wiki for that. His name is Samocles, and he's a strong companion

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Swashbuckler's get Samocles, an eagle gladiator I believe.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
I'm may not be much help, but on my Musketeer ( Slick Luke Noble, lvl. 65 Musketeer ) I got my companion Eleos Duro (Eagle Archer), after the quest Hello Walls, and more specifically, after the dungeon Snake Pit. And on my Privateer ( Strong Andy Armstrong, lvl. 65 Privateer ), I got Beakimus Corpus (Eagle Mercenary), after that dungeon/quest too. But I have heard that Swashbucklers don't get any companion after that. This means that they get Samocles at a different time or on a different quest. I recall that you receive Samocles after the quest "Kitty!". Although you receive him as a trusty mate in this quest, he makes a more significant appearance in the quest "Arena Training". In order to inherit this quest, you must do the prequest "Hungry Hungry Gladiators", found in Nova Aquila given by Pixelles. Arena Training is given by Eagea, one of Samocles's trusty lads.