Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Privateers aren't dead...

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 15, 2013
My first class was privateer and I was quite disappointed when I saw the update.
I thought the new powers were utterly useless, but I did a bit of pvp.
The new powers didn't seem useless as I thought. They still did very well they added more damage than they used to. Try to use powers like this, First tier buff like wind spirit goes up at the start of the game. Cloud spirit goes up when action is starting up. Sky spirit goes on when you need that EXTRA damage and burst boost. Most likely when the action gets most intense and all your companions can attack. Same goes for zeal use these types of powers in this pattern and you will find they work for you like a charm! But you may be asking yourself, "What if we don't defeat our opponent during the 3 rounds?" If all your companions are able to attack during those rounds They will do lots of damage with the buffs but if you still cant, Lets say all your companions are dead just you and your opponent. Buffs by this time will both be run out and odds will be just about equal. This is out I'd use them personally, you can also try to conserve some. But be careful conserving some for to long can be bad if your opponent has all their buffs they will have a MAJOR advantage. PvP Is getting more challenging which grows on me more and more, Privateer isn't dead at least give the new powers a try. I just hate how some privateers complain cause every pvp wont be a breeze for them anymore, Wouldn't you like a challenge? Some might not like the new powers, Juju I don't think this is good for cause you have to be right next to them to buff. So its kinda useless try to get a sky spirit or whatever works for you. I hope this helps Level 65 5640

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
not dead? privateers are the strongest class there is! it doesnt matter if the buffs dont last forever, if your clever you can wreck any team as a privateer with minimal losses, easier than with any other classes. on my privateer i have never lost to any class except other privateers.

Matthew Walker 65
Sly Sloan Silver 65
Matthew Walker 15

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Pickletastik on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
My first class was privateer and I was quite disappointed when I saw the update.
I thought the new powers were utterly useless, but I did a bit of pvp.
The new powers didn't seem useless as I thought. They still did very well they added more damage than they used to. Try to use powers like this, First tier buff like wind spirit goes up at the start of the game. Cloud spirit goes up when action is starting up. Sky spirit goes on when you need that EXTRA damage and burst boost. Most likely when the action gets most intense and all your companions can attack. Same goes for zeal use these types of powers in this pattern and you will find they work for you like a charm! But you may be asking yourself, "What if we don't defeat our opponent during the 3 rounds?" If all your companions are able to attack during those rounds They will do lots of damage with the buffs but if you still cant, Lets say all your companions are dead just you and your opponent. Buffs by this time will both be run out and odds will be just about equal. This is out I'd use them personally, you can also try to conserve some. But be careful conserving some for to long can be bad if your opponent has all their buffs they will have a MAJOR advantage. PvP Is getting more challenging which grows on me more and more, Privateer isn't dead at least give the new powers a try. I just hate how some privateers complain cause every pvp wont be a breeze for them anymore, Wouldn't you like a challenge? Some might not like the new powers, Juju I don't think this is good for cause you have to be right next to them to buff. So its kinda useless try to get a sky spirit or whatever works for you. I hope this helps Level 65 5640
i believe the majority of the angry privateers are angry because its not just our top buff like other classes its also our espirit, and the fact that we need to change our entire strategy after a year of using it

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
zuto4011a on Apr 17, 2014 wrote:
i believe the majority of the angry privateers are angry because its not just our top buff like other classes its also our espirit, and the fact that we need to change our entire strategy after a year of using it
Yea we got a whole year to take advantage of a mistake. Yea it was great but now things are as the designers wished. Sometimes ya just gotta accept it and go on. Not much we can do as we are not the game designers. Their vision rules, not ours. Time to change our strategies.