Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

hoodoo bundle

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
It is now just a few hours short of a week since I emailed WM through the address they give on their web page. Nobody has responded. I may try taking the UPC code directly to the store, if I can catch them when they aren't mobbed.

-Indigo

Ensign
Sep 01, 2013
I emailed Walmart last Thursday with the UPC code requesting information on where I could find it. and I have not received a reply as of today.

Still not fully understanding why we (the customers) are being told to contact the distributor. Seems like that would be Kingsisle's job to ensure their product is available. Why aren't they contacting the distributor?

Administrator
BellaBug314 on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:
I emailed Walmart last Thursday with the UPC code requesting information on where I could find it. and I have not received a reply as of today.

Still not fully understanding why we (the customers) are being told to contact the distributor. Seems like that would be Kingsisle's job to ensure their product is available. Why aren't they contacting the distributor?
Hi! I just wanted to reassure you that we are in contact with the appropriate parties and are able to update this with a little more information now that it's available. Certain "layouts" of Walmart stores have taken more time resetting those cards which in turn has delayed the release of the Hoodoo Bundle in those specific stores. This explains why we have still been seeing sales of the cards and why there seems to be scattered or limited availability and why some people have been able to secure a Hoodoo card that was "hidden in the store somewhere" – because all the cards have shipped from the distributor to Walmart.

We will continue to monitor the situation, but at this point, the Hoodoo Bundle will hopefully be available in many more Walmart stores over the next couple of weeks. It’s up to Walmart to put the cards out on the shelves.

The recommendation of contacting the distributor is one that has helped Wizard101 players in the past, so it was a strategy that was co-opted in this instance for Pirate101 players. My recommendation of contacting your local Walmart with the UPC was one that was trying to empower you with more information and strategies.

Ultimately, it is definitely in our best interest to have this card widely available and we are definitely gathering feedback from you all concerning the delay in certain Walmart Stores. Thank you for your patience and for helping us in this process as we uncover more information.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks, Jack - I appreciate the update. I will keep checking.

-Indigo

Ensign
Dec 21, 2008
I have emailed walmart several times since the release of this card and have not had a reply
I also gave the walmarts in my area my contact information and still have not had a reply in over 3 weeks

I want to know if there is anyway that KI can allow this card to be purchased online off the website to help those who are unable to purchase the card from the stores

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
BellaBug314 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
I asked the Walmart near me and they didn't know anything about it. Looking at their inventory, Walmart only had cards for Wizard101. They did not have ANY Pirate101 cards at all. I guess I don't understand why any card would be sold exclusively at any one store. Apparently there are a lot of people here that want to spend the money to buy the Hoodoo Bundle, but have no way to actually make the purchase. It would be so much easier to be able to purchase bundles online at the Kingsisle website in my humble opinion. Either that or give Gamestop the exclusivity, they are more reliable and consistent since they are a game store specifically. Just my opinion. I would love to get the bundle, but alas I will not be able to get it. I will attempt to contact the distributor, although I will say I would think Kingsisle would want to discuss this obvious issue with the distributor directly instead of leaving it up to the customer to fight the battle.
I do agree on the Gamestop option but not on the online option there are some people who don't have an e-mail address and there is a lot of online credit card hacking.

Ensign
May 16, 2010
Well heres an update I, like others emailed walmart and the response i got in return was "This item is currently out of stock, please check back in a few days and the item should be available" this was 2 weeks ago. Now I realize that One-Eyed Jack and crew have no control over what Walmart does, but its a little frustrating that I cant get this card in the same town where KI is based.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
Hi Swiftvictory, welcome to the message boards. I feel your frustration. I can't get access to it either. It appears to be a common Walmart problem. It seems all we can do is to keep contacting Walmart and asking them to put it on their web page. The bundle, at this time, is a Walmart exclusive. It is frustrating that Walmart doesn't appear to be taking good advantage of this and providing the item they contracted to sell. I am hoping that in time, it will be available here like some of the older bundles have.
CHRISSY!!! I just got the Hoodoo Bundle today from the Hays Walmart! They had about 40 of them in the gift card section, and it looks like they got there just today! Hurry and get them, because I don't know how much longer they are going to be there!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
warriorscreed on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
CHRISSY!!! I just got the Hoodoo Bundle today from the Hays Walmart! They had about 40 of them in the gift card section, and it looks like they got there just today! Hurry and get them, because I don't know how much longer they are going to be there!
WOW how cool That's wonderful news, thank you. I don't know when this household will go there next but I will definitely have my fingers crossed that they will still have some.
Great job Jack in stirring the nest to get Walmart's to tow the line for us.

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
2 wal marts in my area do not stock these. They still sell even w101 pagoda gauntlet that was on line now? I hate going into walmart anymore there is no service and poorly stocked shelves. these are super centers too.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
warriorscreed on Apr 25, 2014 wrote:
Muahahahaha I Got one *Does Hoodooy happy dance*

Petty Officer
May 18, 2013
Hey I just got the Hoodoo Bundle with the ship comes a horn is the horn no matter what level is sappose to do 1x damage the horn you get is horn of the creasent i think is the name i got tier 6 or the last one why is the horn not more damage oh and i have one more question can you use the stuff from this bundle to put on the halloween ship?