Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A rough choice New character or wait?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Dec 11, 2010
I currently have 1 character for every pirate class but I am having trouble deciding something.

I want to make a sister counterpart to my Swashbuckler and Buccaneer (both have the same exact name) but since I already have 5 pirates, I dont want to use up the last character slot due to the possibility of a new type of pirate class.

As a bonus I am missing one Presidio companion which is Milo Greytail (and I dont want to delete anyone who has gotten that far despite 2 of them having Jack as the Presidio companion)

So the choice I have is this

Make a sister counterpart now and make it the same pirate class as another character on my list with Milo Being her Presidio companion.

OR wait for a new class to appear which might not happen and I won't ever have the chance of having Milo be on my crew along with having a direct sister for and
(Also the character I do make will be added into the 5 Pirates of Dream as a daughter of a particular necromancer, which will be quite a surprise to her brothers, who never knew who their parents were)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Rachel Dreamsong on Feb 1, 2014 wrote:
I currently have 1 character for every pirate class but I am having trouble deciding something.

I want to make a sister counterpart to my Swashbuckler and Buccaneer (both have the same exact name) but since I already have 5 pirates, I dont want to use up the last character slot due to the possibility of a new type of pirate class.

As a bonus I am missing one Presidio companion which is Milo Greytail (and I dont want to delete anyone who has gotten that far despite 2 of them having Jack as the Presidio companion)

So the choice I have is this

Make a sister counterpart now and make it the same pirate class as another character on my list with Milo Being her Presidio companion.

OR wait for a new class to appear which might not happen and I won't ever have the chance of having Milo be on my crew along with having a direct sister for and
(Also the character I do make will be added into the 5 Pirates of Dream as a daughter of a particular necromancer, which will be quite a surprise to her brothers, who never knew who their parents were)
I just love how you have worked them all together this way. Very inventive.
No advice on the sixth character though. I finally caved and made another privateer because I too had your problem of missing one presidio companion. (That's what happens when you crank out one of each class in your eagerness to 'taste' them all before you know what you are doing. ) At least now I can experience the storyline of Dead Mike, which I kept hearing was so wonderful. By the way, you really Are gonna enjoy Milo's story.
Keep up the great posting and your very creative ways of tying them all together.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
I expect the chances of KI making a new class arein the neighborhood of zero. It would be a LOT of work and I doubt that it would add much to the P101 game experience. Just do what you like and remember to clean out the room, bank, backpack and ships of any pirate you delete.

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
Sorry to say but making a new class would be near impossible. i mean they have seven worlds so they would have to change enemy's and bosses to the new class also adding in more dialogue for that class only companions. I really would love to see a new side class like moon, sun, and star.

Kai Sawkins

Stay Gold

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
As much fun as it is to play around thinking of other possible classes, the work needed to readjust the game to include them makes implementation impractical. The headache from the fallout of people that already created a sixth character would also be a discouragement.

I understand your caution, I'm already kicking myself since I'm going to be missing out on a couple of the home world companions Blind Mew has been considering.

I'd say go ahead and make your final character whatever class you enjoy the most.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
btw this thread can be locked since I decided to make another character (a swashbuckler) to fill up that one remaining spot

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Wow that's tough! What I would do is make the sibling for your pirate and get milo Greytail. I don't think that there is going to be any new classes so don't waste your time waiting

Captain
May 13, 2011
this makes me feel lucky. i didnt know what the orphan choices did so i picked one for each pirate (and somehow remembered them). coincidentally, my witchdoctor ended up with dead mike