Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why the pc has no dialoge

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Hey guys i saw someone ask today why the pc has no dialoge well to help blind mew a bit since he is working a lot on the new update i am deciding to help answer this person's question
the answer:the main character is a thing most gamers call "a silent protaganist" basically i character ment to be relatable do to the fact most games that feature these are either in first person,have a way to change the appearance of the character,etc. basically if the main character talked i am pretty sure they would, along with the rest of the tutorial KI would have to add a personality quiz but even if they do say something we would typically say it might not sound like us basically i dont want the p.c. to have any dialouge maybe some gasping or so once a shocking plottwist appears in the game but overall besides that i really wouldnt want the main character to have dialoge.

Captain
May 13, 2011
its not the only one either. from what ive seen none of the playable call of duty characters (except for the black ops series and the last lvl in modern warfare 3) talk. they talk as NPCs though, but our pirates are never NPCs. this must be an example of "the grass is always greener on the other side". people want dialogues, but it might not be good so they get wished away, then people who never experienced it want it

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
In real life I actually talk as my character (React and such) when playing the game. I know its weird but my crew doesnt mind

Old Scratch: "But Captain my Captain should really promo .... "
Me: "Quiet Old Scratch I am not doing your promotion, I am going to discuss this game on the message boards"

:P

Keep Swashbuckling

Ensign
Jul 05, 2012
Hey guys! I'm pretty sure it was me who asked that question, so thanks a lot for answering it! Thinking about the responses on this thread, and also the response Blind Mew took the time to write out, makes me appreciate the lack of dialogue more. All of our wizard's are immensely different, and would therefore say different things. I can't be the only player that talks at the computer screen as if I were my character, and I now notice that lack of dialogue is what allows me to do that. It makes it feel less like our pirate is another character and more like the pirate is the player.

-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 65 Musketeer

Captain
May 13, 2011
TackUpwind on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Hey guys! I'm pretty sure it was me who asked that question, so thanks a lot for answering it! Thinking about the responses on this thread, and also the response Blind Mew took the time to write out, makes me appreciate the lack of dialogue more. All of our wizard's are immensely different, and would therefore say different things. I can't be the only player that talks at the computer screen as if I were my character, and I now notice that lack of dialogue is what allows me to do that. It makes it feel less like our pirate is another character and more like the pirate is the player.

-Fair Charlotte Firth, Level 65 Musketeer
i think thats how gamefreak wanted the players to think when they made Pokémon. even as an NPC, red doesnt say anything at all

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Rachel Dreamsong on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
In real life I actually talk as my character (React and such) when playing the game. I know its weird but my crew doesnt mind

Me: "Quiet Old Scratch I am not doing your promotion, I am going to discuss this game on the message boards"

Keep Swashbuckling

LOL i do too hi-fives Rachel I always make promos my main proirty even when I'm on a cliffhanger right now I'm promoting ratbeard for the 2nd time 1st time a companion has had 2 promos for.me and he gets another one btw the cliffhanger is I get to free napoliguin and carolina

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
LOL i do too hi-fives Rachel I always make promos my main proirty even when I'm on a cliffhanger right now I'm promoting ratbeard for the 2nd time 1st time a companion has had 2 promos for.me and he gets another one btw the cliffhanger is I get to free napoliguin and carolina
Yea I just did that one for my Ratty on my Swashbuckler and it's a challenging one but very worth it. I do the same thing and always check The List when ever I am making decisions as to who gets trained first. If they have a promotion coming up I am much more likely to spend a bit more gold to get them to that mark as it just makes them that much more awesome with their new epics. Plus I so enjoy them and the story content is so wonderful in each of them and can be very hysterical. You are gonna love Ratty's third promotion in Marleybone. Brilliant storyline and the voicework in all involved had me laughing so loud in the middle of the night.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:

Keep Swashbuckling

yea that's a good idea to respond as your character whether your companions say something good or freaking stupid.
silver joseph vane.

Captain
May 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
napoleguin was a disappointment. his title might be high but his respect isnt. i wouldnt think twice about talking behind his back

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Sneaky George Quar... on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
napoleguin was a disappointment. his title might be high but his respect isnt. i wouldnt think twice about talking behind his back
Lol yea but you have to bend over pretty far to be able to do it.

Petty Officer
May 30, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 17, 2014 wrote:
Lol yea but you have to bend over pretty far to be able to do it.
lol!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 16, 2014 wrote:
Yea I just did that one for my Ratty on my Swashbuckler and it's a challenging one but very worth it. I do the same thing and always check The List when ever I am making decisions as to who gets trained first. If they have a promotion coming up I am much more likely to spend a bit more gold to get them to that mark as it just makes them that much more awesome with their new epics. Plus I so enjoy them and the story content is so wonderful in each of them and can be very hysterical. You are gonna love Ratty's third promotion in Marleybone. Brilliant storyline and the voicework in all involved had me laughing so loud in the middle of the night.
It took me 2 sessions to complete his promo its long but worth it I gave him repel boarders bonnie Annes is actually quicker but that last battle many that was easy bonnie was there and double tapped the mantlents then I teleported to the docks lol