Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Branching Classes

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 08, 2009
While I was leveling my companions to be ready for the next world(s) I found myself getting extremely bored with the same old powers and abilities using the same old strategies in all my battles. My little brother who also plays brought up an interesting idea when we were talking about thing we wanted added to the game. Branching Classes, or subclasses I don't know what it should be named but his idea was that at the start of the next world the pirate classes should split in two so that you can change your abilities to fit more with your play style and bring more variety to combat. Him being a max level witchdoctor he came up with a simple way to create 2 subclasses, at least for witch. One subclass focuses on minions and buffs/debuffs and uses spooky weapons(wands), and one that focuses on AOE damage and uses staffy weapons. Then I came up with 2 for musketeer, one that focuses on higher damage long range attacks and traps and uses a rifle/musket, and one that focuses on using the many trick shots that musketeers get and more epics who uses dual pistols. Please comment if you have any opinions or anything you could add, I think its a really awesome idea.

Wolf Ire Lvl65

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
This is part of why you get practice points. So you can "major" in one class and "minor" in another.

Ensign
Feb 08, 2009
Well you of course major in your own class, but you don't really minor in anything in this game really. I don't have a bunch of useful shots from musket that I can use effectively. Sure you can learn other abilities but you have to sometimes waste points getting passives you don't need, for abilities whose effectiveness for you is sub-par. Granted you can get a ton of abilities from dropped gear, but I'm only talking about learned abilities, and a way to add variety to combat since there aren't really anything to past time on like gardening, crafting, pet breeding, etc like in wizard. Wouldn't being able to test out new strategies and attack patterns be more fun than using the same old approach? I think it would.