Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gortez Companion

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
I am a level 15 witchdoctor and I want to get the companion gortez, atm I have 6 kills of gortez and from previous posts I have heard that once you take the time to beat him, in the shop he costs like 8000 crowns. If this is true, is it really worth it to buy gortez, now if you is a super overpowered boss, sure get him for all that money, just to power through the levels, but if he is a very small lvl boss then the creators have to take out this amount of crowns and how long it takes to beat him, same with the troggy boss. Please lower the price to get him, both ways

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I was expecting Gortez to be 5995 in the shop like most of them. When I saw his price was 7495, similar to Fin Dorsal's or Oingoboingo's prices, I had already spent a few crowns on the Monquistador Explorer companion, so I didn't have enough.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer

Saving the spiral from disaster!

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
Update on my recent post, I am now a lvl 16 witchdoctorand I have beaten Gortez 25 times, unlocked him in the crowns shop and saw that he was 7445 crowns, I was unhappy with finding this out for how much I did to get Gortez, still I bought him, to find out that I have a couple companions that are better in multiple ways than him. I am unhappy because he has no epic abilities except blade storm, jump, guerilla warfare and a bashing rage power. His health is a little more than my guys but damage not so much, we should be able to lvl him up and when we buy him get epic abilities along with blade storm.

Ensign
Sep 01, 2008
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
agentsmoosh on Jun 29, 2013 wrote:
Where is he I never saw him in the shop?
You have to defeat his dungeon 25 times, then he will show up in the crown shop.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
You have to defeat him 25 times and get the badge Lord of the Apes and he appears as goronado.