Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can you reduce the difficulty of Gortez?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
I have played through this several times, and every time I have to repeat it until luck is on my side and the mobs go in the right direction. A lot of the time I flee halfway through because it is clear by the mobs positions that it is not winnable.

This is not fun, it is just an irritating obstacle you have to clamber over to continue with the rest of the game.

Edit: I should add that I have soloed this quest several times and hit 65; this is the one quest that stands out to me as being excessively difficult even with all side quests completed and companions fully trained. Whilst leveling a new character I was reminded how much I dislike this quest.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
The only help I have is to go back and do more side quests to increase your power and have a better chance at beating him. I remember having quite a bit of trouble with this, too. Good luck!

Ensign
Nov 09, 2012
Hi, Captain Bunny here!
I agree with you. The Gortez fight is extremely hard for a Musketeer! The fight is somewhat manageable with a Buccaneer. Both of my characters that have done this dungeon couldn't beat him at level 11. They both had to do side quests until they reached level 12.
Captain Bunny out
Tireless Blake West lvl. 39
Sandy Noah Collins lvl. 15

Ensign
Jun 25, 2009
I recommend getting help, when I first did it I had help (even though I didn't ask for it) but still Gortez wasn't that bad. In fact, I offer my assistance to help you through the dungeon, My main is Lvl 39 right now.

Ensign
May 07, 2011
What equipment are you using?
What level are your companions in relation to you?
What level are YOU in realtion to Gortez?
What class are you?
Where are you positioning your companions?

So many variables...

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
Chinspinner on Jun 19, 2013 wrote:
I have played through this several times, and every time I have to repeat it until luck is on my side and the mobs go in the right direction. A lot of the time I flee halfway through because it is clear by the mobs positions that it is not winnable.

This is not fun, it is just an irritating obstacle you have to clamber over to continue with the rest of the game.

Edit: I should add that I have soloed this quest several times and hit 65; this is the one quest that stands out to me as being excessively difficult even with all side quests completed and companions fully trained. Whilst leveling a new character I was reminded how much I dislike this quest.
Just keep trying is about all i can say. It sometimes depends on your class. It was easy for my Privateer, Buccaneer, and Musketeer. (My only ones who have gotten through it) Another problem could be your strategy. Are you trying to defeat all of the enemies, or just Gortez? I usually focus all of my attacks on the weakest enemy. In this battle, for my Buccaneer, it was easier to just defeat Gortez disregarding the other enemies. Good Luck!

Happy Questing! Lvl 65

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Spoiler Alert.

This is solo mode. The difficulty level does not need to be reduced. I first defeat the Monkeys that are in the Temple (this means I take less damage when Gortez drops in). Then I activate the statues going from left to right. Before I activate the last statue, I gather my Companions around me near the last statue, healing damage if needed (this is where Gortez drops down). After activating the last statue, I attack only Gortez and, only when I can't attack him, do I attack the other Monkeys.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
I recommend inviting friends to help. If you don't have any friends on at the time you're playing, add some real quick and see if they'll help. I would help, but I'm in Coopers Rooste and the odds of us finding each other would be slim (but just in case, my name is Bloody Belle and I'm usually in Avery's Server).

Good luck and Happy sailing, mate. Don't let the sky squid get you

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
I should have mentioned that I have soloed it with several characters, including my latest (musketeer). But each time I get to it makes me want to quit out of the game.