Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What good is membership

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 20, 2012
I thought that membership gave unlimited access NOT!.
You still go broke buying crowns to do almost anything.
Hopefully instant cancel goes through.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
chunkmn on May 27, 2013 wrote:
membership does give unlimited access to all playable content.

crowns/crownshop are just a side thing and is not needed to complete all 14 books

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Er, membership should give you unlimited access to all the realms and chapters. Past that, the only reason you'd really need Crowns is if you wanted extra items, bonus companions, or a second shot at Boss treasures without having to fight them again (which really you don't need).

If the whole chapter and realm stuff is what you're talking about, maybe there was a glitch?

Fair Winds and Following Skies,
~~ Noir The Sable

First Mate
May 01, 2012
That is your choice to use Crowns. When starting out, I usually buy some sort of mount, Livsey's Ring (Rouse), and a pet. After that, the game seems to supply most of what I need. Now, if you want some better equipment right away, then yes, you have to spend some crowns unless you go to the Bazzar and spend Gold. I might buy some cannons (and/or ship armor) later in the game when I can get the better versions [ie 9 damage + 2 or 14 damage +2] but only if I am having trouble with ship fights. I then trade them to some of my other pirates when I need to the next upgrade. I don't buy ships because I can't trade them and I try not to buy things that I can't trade. The Bazzar allows me to get items for Gold that are almost the equivalent or better than the Crown Shop items. You just have to keep checking back to see what is available.

Petty Officer
Jan 10, 2013
Membership does give unlimited access to the game.

You are not required to buy Crowns in order to play the game. The Crown Shop items are stronger than usual items, but it's up to you whether you want to buy them or not.

The money's yours. ;)

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
chunkmn on May 27, 2013 wrote:
what does crowns have to do with membership ?

being a member just lets you go to all areas and such. No member no progression in game very simple.

You dont need crown gear either, the best ship is gold bought at this time, the best gear is dropped from boss ships the best gear and such is also dropped from bosses. The crown junk looks good there are alot of nice companions yes i have many but they are not needed to do well in the game.

(ones i got free as a buck based on my creation selection etc.)
Kobe
Bonnie
El toro
That new eagle pet

All amazing companions you get FREE

This sounds more like a vent? How about farming a boss ship you cant quiet solo without a bottle pop 21 times to get 0 boat drops that was 8 hours for nothing lol. If i would not get them dang tether ADDS all the time it would help some lol.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Unlimited access does not mean all the gates are instantly open to you. As an example, if you are level 2, and get membership with unlimited access, the gate to the lower part of Skull Island still won't open because you haven't completed the quests to open it. You could now port to a friend in Mooshu or Monquista (if they didn't turn their ports off), but the game won't let you fly your own ship there until you have done the quests to open those areas too you. If you completed the quests to get into the next area and lack of membership was the only thing keeping you out, you should know the first time you go to a new area it needs a little time to download that area to your computer.

Ensign
Dec 20, 2012
I am the parent and do not play. I guess that these younger boys that do are enchanted by all the Crown things and do not realize they can do the quests without using crowns. they can also do enough without paying 2 memberships. almost enough with the auto renews to get a PC these days. I asked for cancellation immediately but if I do not get it I guess I learned my lesson. you could go broke with all the different games out there, especially with 2 Grandkids that get hooked. These games are insidious.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
chunkmn on May 28, 2013 wrote:
I am the parent and do not play. I guess that these younger boys that do are enchanted by all the Crown things and do not realize they can do the quests without using crowns. they can also do enough without paying 2 memberships. almost enough with the auto renews to get a PC these days. I asked for cancellation immediately but if I do not get it I guess I learned my lesson. you could go broke with all the different games out there, especially with 2 Grandkids that get hooked. These games are insidious.
Well you don't need to pay crowns to do quests. Your boys probably want Crowns cause they want to look cool in that flashy gear and it sure helps, but you don't need it if you're member. If you want good stuff, go to the Bazaar at no cost to you but ingame money. You can just do that or could farm Friar. He's at the Temple of the East Wind, Subata Skyway, Mooshu.