Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Making Hold the Line worthwhile

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 20, 2009
Here's an improvement that would really give Hold the Line some much needed love.

-When Hold the Line triggers, set movement of enemy to 1 for one round.

Developer
The current ranks of Hold the Line are working as intended.

You will see an upgrade at rank 3.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
That could work. But what if when Hold the Line triggers it increases threat towards the unit with Hold the Line. I know that wouldn't help much in PvP but it would make buccaneers more tanky.

Actually, your idea could work in a similar way. Because the enemy unit only has one space to move they are quite likely to stay near and attack the one that stopped them.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Since the Monquisatdor Explorer knew Hold the Line, I gave him Repel Borders to make it worthwhile when he promoted. He would stop them AND get to attack them all at once, but unforunately, he'll never see the light of Pvp.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Ratbeard on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:

Before i will have a beard long as your, Ratbeard U_U.

ghgh!

Lieutenant
Dec 31, 2012
Ratbeard on Mar 10, 2013 wrote:

I agree that it is fine as it is. I set Ratbeard's epics at Level 10 to First Strike and Repel Boarders to compliment Hold The Line and now no one can get close to him without incurring at least one attack of opportunity.

That is huge in the early stages of the game.