Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Idea that would make blade storm MUCH better

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I think blade storm should be changed into having a chance to hit another enemy. Not hitting another enemy when down, but a 35%/50% chance to hit another enemy. I think that would make blade storm/2/ much more useful, especially since buccaneers dont have an AoE.

Dead-eye Luke, Level 50

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
This is a great idea, but how about a Buccaneer exclusive power. That way Bladestorm is the same, and buccaneers can hit more opponents at once. It could be called ruthless or adamant. It'd work the same way you posted. 35% or 50% chance or hitting another nearby enemies after a sucessful attack.

Lucas Walker Sky Commander Musketeer

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Dead Eye Luke on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:
I think blade storm should be changed into having a chance to hit another enemy. Not hitting another enemy when down, but a 35%/50% chance to hit another enemy. I think that would make blade storm/2/ much more useful, especially since buccaneers dont have an AoE.

Dead-eye Luke, Level 50
What how would that be more useful? So your saying instead of hitting an enemy when you defeat one, we should only have a chance of hitting one? And that is somehow better then an automatic hit? This is useful for the other classes in pvp, but for a buccaneer it's a useless change that makes the talent worst. Also plz inform me if i mistook what you meant, I don't wanna be complaining here for the wrong reasons.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
That sounds like a cool idea, but I think an ability like blade storm (in it's current incarnation) needs to be in the game. So maybe your idea could be worked into a new epic with a name like Cleave. This new epic could replace blade storm for buccaneers.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Dead Eye Luke on Jan 26, 2013 wrote:

Dead-eye Luke, Level 50
That could be confunded with relentless i think, my idea would be instead to make blade storm to work like this is now but AoE, or change the name to blade hit (if it hit ihihi ).

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
AstroStorm on Jan 27, 2013 wrote:
What how would that be more useful? So your saying instead of hitting an enemy when you defeat one, we should only have a chance of hitting one? And that is somehow better then an automatic hit? This is useful for the other classes in pvp, but for a buccaneer it's a useless change that makes the talent worst. Also plz inform me if i mistook what you meant, I don't wanna be complaining here for the wrong reasons.
He didn't change it to a chance of hitting when you defeat an enemy. He wants it to be changed so, you have a chance of hitting another target after landing a successful hit, not only after you kill an enemy.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Clownsanity on Jan 28, 2013 wrote:
That could be confunded with relentless i think, my idea would be instead to make blade storm to work like this is now but AoE, or change the name to blade hit (if it hit ihihi ).
Yes, this idea does sound a lot like relentless but the major difference (and what makes it useful to buccaneers) is that damage is spread around, increasing threat on more targets
Actually, a good addition to the skill would be extra threat on the enemies you get a bonus attack on.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
Lucas Walker on Jan 28, 2013 wrote:
He didn't change it to a chance of hitting when you defeat an enemy. He wants it to be changed so, you have a chance of hitting another target after landing a successful hit, not only after you kill an enemy.

Yea i saw that a while back form all the other post here, and first of all i apologize, secondly as a loyal buccaneer myself, i'd like to give my opinion on the subject now that it's cleared up. I honestly have no idea what to make of this, but i like it so far. It doesn't seem to have any problems only that is this continious to all enemies? If all hits are successful then it'll just be hit one enemy, hit the next, then the next, then the next. Hitting every turn like tha potential will build up over time. My personal preference for blade storm would be just to have an extra move after defeating an enemy, still this is an interesting idea in all.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
KiwiChickenz on Jan 29, 2013 wrote:
Yes, this idea does sound a lot like relentless but the major difference (and what makes it useful to buccaneers) is that damage is spread around, increasing threat on more targets
Actually, a good addition to the skill would be extra threat on the enemies you get a bonus attack on.
Speeading damage is what the change is mainly supposed to do. It might need to be put into a new epic but blade storm is a perfect name

Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Blade storm just sounds like an aoe to me. It mimics doubletap as melee and range share many of the same skills albeit named differently. Flanking for melee give them the extra attack just like crossfire. I think the skill is fine as it is personally. The problem I see here is the horrible passives you get from the trainer like musketeers. Swashbucklers get first strike and riposte which are much more useful. Muskets get doubletap and quick draw when burst fire is the most useful as is overwatch. This last part needs to change or should be trainable imo so we can pick our own passives like on a companion. KI should know which mechanics are actually preferred now by players and are useful after all this time.