Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

El Toro

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 17, 2012
So iv'e gone around the message boards and found out that you get El Toro at about level 35. However my question is what level is HE when you receive him. Please answer iv'e been wondering for so long!

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
i got him at about level 33, and he was 35. (not sure of my exact level though)

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
His level is dependent on your level at the time he is recruited. He is two levels above yours. Most people are level 33 when they get him so he is usually level 35.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
At a guess his level is going to be based on your character's level (a common formula for many companions recruited in the game seems to be your character's level + 2). In my case El Toro was two levels higher than me when I obtained him.

-Michael

Community Leader
Indigo Ring on Jan 8, 2013 wrote:
At a guess his level is going to be based on your character's level (a common formula for many companions recruited in the game seems to be your character's level + 2). In my case El Toro was two levels higher than me when I obtained him.

-Michael
The exception to this is if you get him at lvl 50 (possible apparently, just ask Shiningfantasia) in which case he'll be lvl 51. I wouldn't recommend grinding to lvl 50 just to get a slightly overleveled El Toro, though. He's a great companion and all but, at least in PvE, lvl 47-48 El Toro is more than sufficient for every challenge currently in game.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!