Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Jess and Frank Cranes

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 29, 2012
Is anyone else as frustrated as I am with the Crane Brothers? I can't believe that anyone is capable of beating that room at any level. I've tried too many times to count with help and alone. I've spent hours realm hopping to find help and thats a total waste of time. So, I'm stuck, can't go forward in the quest
and, since I can't beat sky snakes either, I guess I'm finished with this game. Too bad, it was fun.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Glendon44 on Nov 27, 2012 wrote:
Is anyone else as frustrated as I am with the Crane Brothers? I can't believe that anyone is capable of beating that room at any level. I've tried too many times to count with help and alone. I've spent hours realm hopping to find help and thats a total waste of time. So, I'm stuck, can't go forward in the quest
and, since I can't beat sky snakes either, I guess I'm finished with this game. Too bad, it was fun.
You didn't say what level you are in the game.

I believe parts of the game are meant to be spread out as you level up, such as rounding up the outlaws for Rooster Cogburn. Frank and Jesse are level 30-31, and if you are level 25 or lower, it will be very difficult unless you have a friend that is at a higher level to help out.

The best is to do other quests to level up, then come back to some of the tougher ones when your pirate and companions are stronger.

Ensign
Jul 29, 2012
Good plan but flawed. I can't do any quests because I'm stuck on the main and line at the sky snakes. I've done just about every other side quest and the ones I haven't won't matter because they don't offer any, or very little, XP. About all I can do is fight scorpions or something and that's so boreing. I'm just stuck, oh well.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I have the feeling you skipped a lot of side quests.

I also have had problems with the Cranes, but I have set them aside, sought the help of a friend, and got through the sky snakes. After that a lot of other quests opened up.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
They are extremely tough when you hit them, even if you are doing all of the side quests. My Witchdoctor and her Privateer friend tried them when we were level 25 - they slaughtered us the first time, but we took them the second time.

Now my level 26 Shwashbuckler has reached them, and he is 0 for 5, without ever coming close to winning it. I think the best he is done is both brothers left but one almost dead. My conclusion: you will be c. level 25 or 26 when you hit them, usually (if you are doing all of the side quests, which we do), and they are too tough for you to take solo at that level. It is the first fight in the game where you really need to go in with at least one ally. My experience with Wizard101 is there comes a point where to advance efficiently you just have to team up with someone (at least for boss fights), so I am not surprised Pirate101 seems to be the same in this regard.

My swashbuckler is going to team up with the Witchdoctor's Privateer buddy and bring those cranes to justice tonight! (Hopefully).

Community Leader
BrynnerOfReign on Nov 28, 2012 wrote:
You didn't say what level you are in the game.

I believe parts of the game are meant to be spread out as you level up, such as rounding up the outlaws for Rooster Cogburn. Frank and Jesse are level 30-31, and if you are level 25 or lower, it will be very difficult unless you have a friend that is at a higher level to help out.

The best is to do other quests to level up, then come back to some of the tougher ones when your pirate and companions are stronger.
It's true. Up until Cool Ranch, all quests are level appropriate, but once you get to CR, they give you some side quests that are extremely difficult to complete at the level you receive them, if not impossible. As was suggested before, don't beat your head against a wall: go do the main story line a bit more and come back to it. They'll still be there when you're level 30 . . or 35

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
Glendon44 on Nov 29, 2012 wrote:
Good plan but flawed. I can't do any quests because I'm stuck on the main and line at the sky snakes. I've done just about every other side quest and the ones I haven't won't matter because they don't offer any, or very little, XP. About all I can do is fight scorpions or something and that's so boreing. I'm just stuck, oh well.
What about the skysnakes is giving you trouble? I don't remeber the particular quest you're on. Is it just a kill quest you're having trouble with or are you having bad luck with drops?

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Community Leader
This may not be the issue at hand for the OP, but Cool Ranch is also one of the places where under leveled companions will start to create complications for pirates. With the mobs getting more powerful, dodging more, etc. this can take its toll on a pirate with underleveled companions.

Make sure they are no more than 3 levels below your pirate and that should cover the issue with companions anyhow.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Oct 11, 2012
Glendon44 on Nov 27, 2012 wrote:
HOLD IT! i can help! i will ADD you. my name is zane kent i am a swashbuckler and i am lvl forty eight btw he not THAT hard