Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Loading EVERYTHING seemingly takes TOO LONG!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I don't know how, or why it's happening, but, somehow, loading up everything in the game seems to be taking too long, causing long lagging to most of us, especially when in lower populated Realms. That includes, NPCs, ships, enemies, companions, props, menus, puppet shows, pretty much everything that's trying to appear, especially the loading screens seems to take too long. I would like to kindly ask of you to smooth out and reduce those seemingly long loading times in the game, please, so we'll be happy to go about our adventures without the frustration of having to wait to load everything for so long. Thanks!

Administrator
We did have a server issue yesterday that may have been causing you a lot of issues. Is this problem still occurring today?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
I know that I have been frustrated on occasion because the game makes you wait for the tips/information to be displayed in the upper left of the screen.
When your playing a game, focusing on the center of activity, and suddenly these messages pop up, they are extremely easy to miss, and it makes the player feel like they are locked up, because nothing works while these messages display. Quite frankly, its rather annoying. In Wizards we could click on, and review the special message when we wanted. Pirates forces it on us, and wont let us do anything until its completed, 99% of the time we dont realize it and are frustrated before we notice the text, and its over with before we can even read any of it.... its wasted the way its displays now.

Although I love the game, but I find this extremely annoying.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Oct 22, 2010
Mine is i still am running in safe mode which i do not understand as I never had this problem with Wizards101

Administrator
Dr Zeppers on Oct 25, 2012 wrote:
I know that I have been frustrated on occasion because the game makes you wait for the tips/information to be displayed in the upper left of the screen.
When your playing a game, focusing on the center of activity, and suddenly these messages pop up, they are extremely easy to miss, and it makes the player feel like they are locked up, because nothing works while these messages display. Quite frankly, its rather annoying. In Wizards we could click on, and review the special message when we wanted. Pirates forces it on us, and wont let us do anything until its completed, 99% of the time we dont realize it and are frustrated before we notice the text, and its over with before we can even read any of it.... its wasted the way its displays now.

Although I love the game, but I find this extremely annoying.
Note that after playing through the game for a while, you may want to turn those tutorials off. That option is under the first joystick icon tab in the options menu.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 26, 2012 wrote:
Note that after playing through the game for a while, you may want to turn those tutorials off. That option is under the first joystick icon tab in the options menu.
Thats definately a thought.
However to be honest, its those that havent played the game for awhile, that are going to be the most frustrated by this. They will perceive the game as locked up, and exit. I know, I did this a few times in beta before understanding whats going on.

I think they should give us an icon in the upper left corner to click on when we are ready to review whatever new review/tip/information that an NPC has to share with us instead of automatically displaying it. Do they really think thats where a players eyes focuses upon starting the game?

Just my two gold pieces on the subject. Thanks for listening.

Another issue with slow loading screens. If your on a friends ship, and have your ship "unbottled" screen transitions from area to area will be severly lagged. Make sure your ship is bottled when you get on a friends ship. I know in most cases its automatic, but there are still some combinations of activity where this is not the case.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV