Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

White bufaloons.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 11, 2012
It said in a recent update that the drop rate for the white bufaloon meat was increased, Yet i have been at it for at least 2 hours now (after i figured out a good strategy to not die) and still no meat. It would not be so bad if it was an easier thing to kill, or a side quest..... it is now 12:46 am, so i am gonna have to try again tomorrow after work ;/.

This is where i gave up in beta....and i really dont wanna quit pirate101, so can you please look at the drop rate again.

~fearless wolf radcliffe (lvl 24 Swash. - 25 Nautical)

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
It took me around 35 battles to get the drop...this means about 6+ hours (over 4 days) of the battle. Support calls this 'horrible luck'...

Ensign
Jan 11, 2012
Update: Well, i finally managed to get it after about 3 more tries today.

bringing a friend with you keeps it from getting to boring also xD

Ensign
Dec 28, 2011
allanontheseer on Oct 21, 2012 wrote:
It said in a recent update that the drop rate for the white bufaloon meat was increased, Yet i have been at it for at least 2 hours now (after i figured out a good strategy to not die) and still no meat. It would not be so bad if it was an easier thing to kill, or a side quest..... it is now 12:46 am, so i am gonna have to try again tomorrow after work ;/.

This is where i gave up in beta....and i really dont wanna quit pirate101, so can you please look at the drop rate again.

~fearless wolf radcliffe (lvl 24 Swash. - 25 Nautical)
I agree with you. This issue needs some looking at. I have fought I don't know how many of these things and I have only received 1 meat. I don't want to quit either, however it shouldn't take days to complete one quest. I know there has to be some difficulty to this, but this level of difficulty is ridiculousness.
Please, please, please. Look at this problem.

Ensign
Sep 26, 2011
I totally agree - the drop rate is way too low. I am questing in the designated White Bufaloon area. I started the quest three days ago and have worked on it exclusively four to six hours a day. I estimate I have done over 80 battles. There is only one white bufaloon per fight and I get the "did not collect" on at least 7 out of 8 fights.

This is my only quest, so to advance in the game I must keep trudging on. I have done all the side quests as they show up in the game. I even took a break this morning from the elusive bafaloon to visit every island in the game up to Big Sky in hopes of finding a quest to break up the boredom of "not collecting" white bafaloon.

I did find one, alas a short way into it, I must travel to Port Royal. Which I do not have permission to do yet. So I am back to the endless quest of white bufaloon - I have two more to go. With lots of luck I may actually finish the longest and most frustrating quest I have encountered in any game I have ever played.

As to bring a friend - tried that - still only one white bufaloon per fight and way too many fights in which neither of us collected it. So we split back up to shorten the duration of the fights.

I am a mature adult, (lvl 27 privateer) I do not expect any child or teen wanting to play any further in this game if they encounter the same lack of collecting an item as I have endured.

Administrator
Just wanted to let you know that further adjustments to the White Buffaloons are going to be happening soon!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*