Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Buffaloon Hides drop?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 24, 2012
Think this might be bugged, been killing Buffaloon's for about an hour and not one hide has dropped for the quest "If I were a Rich Rooster". I know people were having issues with the White Buffaloon Meat but this is before that quest. I know I am not the only one who hasn't had the hides drop.

Is there specific area for Buffaloon's you have to kill to get the hides? I have been killing the ones that have the White Buffaloon show up with them.

Thanks!

Ensign
Jan 05, 2009
Hold off on this quest until you get to the main line quest 'Hungry Like the Wolf'...the white Buffaloon quest...and you can do both at the same time. There are several quests for the Buffaloons...all can be done at the same time and as things stand now you get credit for all the different multiple quests as you score the quest requirements.

Ensign
Apr 24, 2012
3 hours last night, 1 hour today. Got 1 hide.... yea somethings not right.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
Just finished this quest today. It took several hours roughly seven or eight to get the eight hides. This quest is bugged btw, sometimes after you finish a battle the game won't recognize the quest and you won't get a message telling you whether or not you got one. It acts as a normal non-quest encounter. Its a real pain in especially considering the Buffaloons difficulty level.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Make sure you are in the right area. Buffaloons can be found all over Cool Ranch. Check your Quest Journal for which area of Cool Ranch you are supposed to be in, go there, and use the map and Quest Arrow to target specific Buffaloons.

Good Luck!

So far, I haven't had any problem with getting Brown Hides. I haven't tried the White Buffalo Quest yet.

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
The buffaloons that drop the hides are dark skinned and have red angry eyes. They appear along with normal buffaloons, but they don't always show and the drop rate is low.

Ensign
Oct 05, 2012
CrazyWolfZapper on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Think this might be bugged, been killing Buffaloon's for about an hour and not one hide has dropped for the quest "If I were a Rich Rooster". I know people were having issues with the White Buffaloon Meat but this is before that quest. I know I am not the only one who hasn't had the hides drop.

Is there specific area for Buffaloon's you have to kill to get the hides? I have been killing the ones that have the White Buffaloon show up with them.

Thanks!
Yes, I too was having issues with this mission last night. It took approximately an hour for me too, it was hard and stressful (with their over inflated bodies mocking me with their annoying dodge) they seemed not to drop. But I was able to finish it but it takes far too long. Other objectives in this mission are also bugged.
And not to mention other missions.
So no you're not alone here bud, and I'm guessing many of us have witnessed this annoyance.

Ensign
Jun 19, 2010
Hi, I am doing the 'Hungry Like the Wolf' quest atm and may I say, the drop rate is RIDICULOUSLY low. I have done almost 15 battles and not collected that meat.

It really is testing my patience and nerves and I'm sure kids 10+ will be frustrated. Please increase drop rate guys!
Thanks for reading KI team.

*Mason Swiftblade - Level 70
*Merciful Mason Stevenson - Level 24

Ensign
Oct 14, 2009
I am the reason Buffaloons are nearly extinct, I am ashamed.

But on a brighter note, I finished this quest last week; though a pain it was. Think the new patch should be fixing the drop rates.

Ensign
Mar 12, 2009
I'm having the same issue -- I've only been working at it for an hour or so, but have yet to either get a hide or a message saying that I failed to collect one.

Ensign
Oct 01, 2010
i thought i was the only one having issues i was at it for hours till i had to go to bed that is and no hide still cant get anything and i have been fighting them for roughly 3 hours today i think they need to fix this.

Ensign
Mar 31, 2012
I have been killing buffaloons for 3 days- 3 days!- and I still only have 6 of 8! I just read the hint about killing the dark brown ones, so I'll try that now...really, though, this is crazy frustrating!

Ensign
Mar 31, 2012
Ok well that didnt work at all...you cant tell what color the buffaloons are when you attack them...

Ensign
Mar 02, 2012
I found good way to kill Mobs for quest on the sky-lanes is using your raft.

My full reply is here

Community Leader
Was helping friends with this quest, took us like a dozen battles to get 2 hides or so. Theres a fine line between challenge and frustration... this quests drop rate seems to be siding with "frustration".

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jun 24, 2009
I'm also having problems with this quest.
but here is what i found out. there are 3 types of buffaloons. (brown, dark brown and white)
only the dark ones drop it.(currently)
You can tell this by the icons only and the fact the dark brown ones have 3 ability and brown only has 2.

If a mod or w/e sees this can yall please fix it.

Thanks