Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

AM I CURSED OR SOMETHING?!?!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 22, 2011
If anyone reads this thank you for responding:
Alright so I got the cruddy raft that Avery tricks you with and I went back to him. I talked to him about it then he told me about the treasure. I talked to Witch Doctor and she told me to go to water mole captain guy. After rescuing him I went to the docks to pursue Rat-beard. The Dock-master gave me my raft and i boarded it. This is the strange part though i went to set sail. It then started loading when i entered the sailing station when my character appeared to my dismay was back in Avery's court near the Life Fountain! Help would be appreciated very much so in this matter thank you.

-When my foes are close to the inevitable I comfort them with these words. Fear not for you understand nothing of living until you have died.-Red Tim the

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Red Tim on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
If anyone reads this thank you for responding:
Alright so I got the cruddy raft that Avery tricks you with and I went back to him. I talked to him about it then he told me about the treasure. I talked to Witch Doctor and she told me to go to water mole captain guy. After rescuing him I went to the docks to pursue Rat-beard. The Dock-master gave me my raft and i boarded it. This is the strange part though i went to set sail. It then started loading when i entered the sailing station when my character appeared to my dismay was back in Avery's court near the Life Fountain! Help would be appreciated very much so in this matter thank you.

-When my foes are close to the inevitable I comfort them with these words. Fear not for you understand nothing of living until you have died.-Red Tim the
I am not sure, but you may have encountered a glitch. See if your raft is in your backpack. If it is, then you can go to the docks and un-bottle it to board it. I hope this helps.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2011
Red Tim's response-
Thank you for the response but I tried that. I really hope that one of the game makers reads this because I don't think that this will be resolved by conventional means.

-When my foesare close to the inevitable I comfort them with these words. Fear not for you understand nothing of living until you have died.-Red Tim the

Administrator
Hi Red Tim,

Are you missing your Raft? I'm just wondering if this glitch you encountered has stopped you from progressing in the game or if you're still able to keep playing?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Nov 22, 2011
I'm not very what is going on here but, yes I do have the raft in my inventory. Though when I equip it and activate the launch station on it I am instantaneously sent back to the life fountain back in Avery's Court. I am able to keep playing but any quests requiring me to leave the premises of Skull Island I am unable to complete. I'm sure this puzzle will be solved soon enough and I hope even more that this isn't happening to anyone else.

Ensign
Nov 22, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Hi Red Tim,

Are you missing your Raft? I'm just wondering if this glitch you encountered has stopped you from progressing in the game or if you're still able to keep playing?
Oh and to be sure you got the answer to your second question. No since I'm unable to leave Skull Island I am unable to continue the Quest-Line therefore halting my level advancement.

P.S.-Answer to your first question is no I am in possession of my raft it's just when I go onto the docks for the quest objective that says Launch your boat at Skull Island Sky Way. my raft's launch station doesn't launch the boat, instead it just sends me right back to the life fountain as if I was killed only with full health.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
Red Tim on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Oh and to be sure you got the answer to your second question. No since I'm unable to leave Skull Island I am unable to continue the Quest-Line therefore halting my level advancement.

P.S.-Answer to your first question is no I am in possession of my raft it's just when I go onto the docks for the quest objective that says Launch your boat at Skull Island Sky Way. my raft's launch station doesn't launch the boat, instead it just sends me right back to the life fountain as if I was killed only with full health.
I have a question for you. Did you launch your raft from the dock where you first obtained it? I found that I had to launch my raft from there (the very first time) before I could launch it from any other dock location. Go back to the dock on SI where Blind Mew is standing and try launching your raft from there. I hope it works for you. If you still have no luck, I suggest you contact the KI support staff about the bug.

Good luck!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
Red Tim on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:

Are you trying to go to the actual dock entrance, or are you trying to go through the dock where Blind Mew is? If you're trying to enter the dock where Blind Mew is, you won't be able to. Go to the dock entrance to the left of Blind Mew. You should be able to get to the dock there.

It sounds like you need to unbottle your ship, if you made it to the dock. At the top of your screen, there's the drop-down menu. Click on the ship icon. It will say "Select Ship". Select your ship, and it will appear at the dock for you.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
BrynnerOfReign on Oct 20, 2012 wrote:
Are you trying to go to the actual dock entrance, or are you trying to go through the dock where Blind Mew is? If you're trying to enter the dock where Blind Mew is, you won't be able to. Go to the dock entrance to the left of Blind Mew. You should be able to get to the dock there.

It sounds like you need to unbottle your ship, if you made it to the dock. At the top of your screen, there's the drop-down menu. Click on the ship icon. It will say "Select Ship". Select your ship, and it will appear at the dock for you.
Hi QueQueg:

I thought about this issue as well. For me, the very first time I launched my raft I had to do it from the dock where Blind Mew is. After that I couldn't use the dock by Blind Mew anymore. I don't know if this is a glitch for some players, but if Red Tim never launched the raft from that dock when he first got it, that may be what happened to him. I know once someone has access to the sky they can never launch from the dock by Blind Mew after that.