Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Pvp Phenomenon

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
Hello dear friends, I come today in peace, and with a question. Why are so many max level swashbucklers using stat giving totems, charms, and rings, instead of the tower gear they used to adore back in level 65 days? I spotted a ton of bucklers using charms that gave them 81 health, rather than using a charm that gave them another hide. In fact, I will be willing to bet that I(A 65 musket) could beat the average swashbuckler, because most of them aren't packing 5 hides. So level 70's, why is this?

Matthew Walker

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HoodooNerd on Jun 19, 2016 wrote:
Hello dear friends, I come today in peace, and with a question. Why are so many max level swashbucklers using stat giving totems, charms, and rings, instead of the tower gear they used to adore back in level 65 days? I spotted a ton of bucklers using charms that gave them 81 health, rather than using a charm that gave them another hide. In fact, I will be willing to bet that I(A 65 musket) could beat the average swashbuckler, because most of them aren't packing 5 hides. So level 70's, why is this?

Matthew Walker
They finally got a clue that those hides can't help them if their major stats are underdeveloped. If they're now boosting stats, you should watch out.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
Might be because they are more casual players or newer players that have not gotten the chance to farm Tower of Moo Manchu and other areas. They might just be trying PvP for fun.

I do feel the same way as you though HoodooNerd. If a Swashbuckler is carrying purely stat giving items, they put themselves in a big disadvantage against almost anyone. There is a reason why the standard Swashbuckler gear among top Swashbuckler players is pretty much the same. You won't be winning duels if you can't survive (multiple hiddens, forts) or if you can't do damage (multiple assassins), no matter how high you get your dodge to be.

In general, for every class, you should always go for power-giving items. Most of those have high stats on their own, so most times you won't lose much. Going pure stat giving items, without any extra powers, is a bad idea for any class.