Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Remember the Aquilan Immortals...

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Okay, I was reading Swordroll's post about Valencia Part 2 on his blog site and something jumped out at me. Specifically, the part where he talks about the Immortals and the advice they give during that quest where you go around to each of their respective altars.

"When Hand, Eye, and Heart are rejoined and work as one, then I shall be appeased" - Hephaestus

Notice the word "Hand." Do you remember that picture of a certain peg-legged pirate that was revealed during that a Famlea Friday?

His name.... Captain Barnabus Hande.

Perhaps the body parts referred to in Hephaestus' cryptic message was not a reference to the limbs/organs, but actual people. First, we have Captain Hande, then a pirate with only one eye, and then a pirate who is known for his kindness work together to achieve victory against the Armada. Rejoined might refer to them once being on the same crew and coming together once again.

I might be reaching a bit, but it's interesting nonetheless.

Your thoughts, fellow scoundrels?

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Hmm something to think about.

While Captain Hande does seem to fit I would argue that while we seem kind hearted don't forget we started a war kidnapped a girl and generally do dastardly deeds. Perhaps the will be a kind hearted soul to meet in the future.
Oh the Eye could be that wascilly wabbit who always knows more the everyone else One EYED Jack.

Maybe a alliance of Hande Jack and some other as of yet undiscovered Heart

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Grizzley117 on May 12, 2016 wrote:
Okay, I was reading Swordroll's post about Valencia Part 2 on his blog site and something jumped out at me. Specifically, the part where he talks about the Immortals and the advice they give during that quest where you go around to each of their respective altars.

"When Hand, Eye, and Heart are rejoined and work as one, then I shall be appeased" - Hephaestus

Notice the word "Hand." Do you remember that picture of a certain peg-legged pirate that was revealed during that a Famlea Friday?

Perhaps the body parts referred to in Hephaestus' cryptic message was not a reference to the limbs/organs, but actual people. First, we have Captain Hande, then a pirate with only one eye, and then a pirate who is known for his kindness work together to achieve victory against the Armada. Rejoined might refer to them once being on the same crew and coming together once again.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
That is indeed a very interesting speculation, mate. But you must also include the other prophecies with that and it doesn't seem to go together.
Poseidon: "Remember the Trident, it is the key" ( notice that a trident has 3 points. )
Athena: "Remember that wisdom lies not in the mind, but in the heart." ( note that here is heart mentioned. )
Apollo: "Remember the name Desdemona, your fate hinges on her love." ( Love and heart go together.)
Hades: "Two spirits shun the underworld, waiting for thee, you are fated to meet them." ( we will be speaking to our parents. )
That leaves Hephaestus' prophecy of Head, Hand and Heart.
Ares: "If you fail, the Spiral will be consumed in war. And I will revel in the firestorm." ( just a warning to heighten dramatic tension. )
Zeus: "Your fate is one to be envied by heroes." ( Gee, thanks. Remembering how heroes get treated in ancient Greek legends, I'm not so thrilled by this. As Monkey King said: "Great, we'll have the most impressive tombstones in the cemetery."

Bosun
Mar 04, 2012

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
I think your onto something there that quest did sound like it has a few secrets in it I also remember Poseidon saying the triton was the key although he was the ruler of the sea in myths so that might have been nothing but you never know and I think Athena said that the heart would win the battle not wisdom or something like that and I remember Apollo saying something about Desdemona and fate sorry haven't done that quest in awhile so it's a little fuzzy on what they said but I think you have something

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
anecorbie on May 12, 2016 wrote:
That is indeed a very interesting speculation, mate. But you must also include the other prophecies with that and it doesn't seem to go together.
Poseidon: "Remember the Trident, it is the key" ( notice that a trident has 3 points. )
Athena: "Remember that wisdom lies not in the mind, but in the heart." ( note that here is heart mentioned. )
Apollo: "Remember the name Desdemona, your fate hinges on her love." ( Love and heart go together.)
Hades: "Two spirits shun the underworld, waiting for thee, you are fated to meet them." ( we will be speaking to our parents. )
That leaves Hephaestus' prophecy of Head, Hand and Heart.
Ares: "If you fail, the Spiral will be consumed in war. And I will revel in the firestorm." ( just a warning to heighten dramatic tension. )
Zeus: "Your fate is one to be envied by heroes." ( Gee, thanks. Remembering how heroes get treated in ancient Greek legends, I'm not so thrilled by this. As Monkey King said: "Great, we'll have the most impressive tombstones in the cemetery."
I will address you all with this post:

Anecorbie,

Well, let me go over them in the context of my theory.

Poseidon: The Trident might refer to the "Hand, Eye, and Heart" working together or something along those lines. This is a very obscure prophecy because a group of three is not exactly specific. It could mean a number of things that we might not have even considered.

Athena: This could possibly refer to a decision we might have to face. When confronted with a conflict, people seek to find the wisest course of action. Let's say we are faced with a decision where we have to chose between the logical course of action (the mind) or the choice that saves the most lives (the heart). I'm not sure if this particular prophecy is relevant to my theory, but those are my thoughts on it.

Apollo: Desdemona could be a number of things. It could be a person, a place, a group of people, an object, and maybe something that we haven't even considered. And "love" could mean a number of things as well. It could mean her acceptance, favor, or quite literally, her love (which I highly doubt they'd put in romance in a family-friendly game).

Hades: Hades' prophecy is self-explanatory and if memory serves me right, our Presidio companion actually says "I think he's talking about your parents, Captain."

Ares: Also, self-explanatory, if we fail, Spirals falls. No pressure there.

Zeus: This is a rather self-explanatory as well. Gold and Glory is what most heroes want to get.

I don't see where my theory could be wrong in any one of these prophecies. Please correct me if I overlooked something.

Jefferyskullpants,

I actually thought that our pirate could potentially be the "Heart." Despite our mistakes, we still try to do good. And in Book 13, we tried to right the wrong we did Marleybone. We have helped many people through our journey and we have tried to do as much good as possible.

Character limit is running low. Look at the next post.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
jeffreyskullpants on May 12, 2016 wrote:
Hmm something to think about.

While Captain Hande does seem to fit I would argue that while we seem kind hearted don't forget we started a war kidnapped a girl and generally do dastardly deeds. Perhaps the will be a kind hearted soul to meet in the future.
Oh the Eye could be that wascilly wabbit who always knows more the everyone else One EYED Jack.

Maybe a alliance of Hande Jack and some other as of yet undiscovered Heart
Continued from my other post....

We have done much good throughout the Spiral, but, I think it will be a NPC if my theory is true. And I didn't even consider One-Eyed Jack. Good catch! And Hande is basing his operations in Flostam where Jack resides!

Silver Swordcoral,

Yeah, when it first popped into my head, I was amazed. It was so simple. Out of all the names they could have picked, they chose "Hande." Coincidence? Maybe, but I don't know. Intriguing though? Definitely.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Ensign
Aug 04, 2012
If I recall correctly, (let me know if i'm not,) this is a side quest. KI would't incorporate side quest material into the main storyline. It wouldn't work if someone hadn't done it. It might lead to another side quest, where we have to unite hand, heart, and eye, though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
comwolf on May 12, 2016 wrote:
If I recall correctly, (let me know if i'm not,) this is a side quest. KI would't incorporate side quest material into the main storyline. It wouldn't work if someone hadn't done it. It might lead to another side quest, where we have to unite hand, heart, and eye, though. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
To that statement I have four words: The Valencian Clockwork Birds.

They were only mentioned once. In Book 4, there was a side quest at the Academy in Valencia that had us looking into the recent infestation of birds made of metal and steel.
Sound familiar? It should, they are an extremely important part of the story near the end of Book 14, and in the beginning of Book 15.

The quest we are discussing was confirmed by Blind Mew to give us a little preview of what awaits us in the main story:)

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
comwolf on May 12, 2016 wrote:
Or the side quest gives us who do side quests a chance to be more informed than those who say: "A side quest without a good reward or companion isn't worth doing."
Also, I remind you that another side quest lead to the clockwork birds being discovered and now we know how important that quest was, and another quest leading us to a the knowledge that there's a weakness in Valencian steel!
This proves that all side quests are important and some may even have a direct link to the main story.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
I will address you all with this post:

Anecorbie,

Well, let me go over them in the context of my theory.

Poseidon: The Trident might refer to the "Hand, Eye, and Heart" working together or something along those lines. This is a very obscure prophecy because a group of three is not exactly specific. It could mean a number of things that we might not have even considered.

Athena: This could possibly refer to a decision we might have to face. When confronted with a conflict, people seek to find the wisest course of action. Let's say we are faced with a decision where we have to chose between the logical course of action (the mind) or the choice that saves the most lives (the heart). I'm not sure if this particular prophecy is relevant to my theory, but those are my thoughts on it.

Apollo: Desdemona could be a number of things. It could be a person, a place, a group of people, an object, and maybe something that we haven't even considered. And "love" could mean a number of things as well. It could mean her acceptance, favor, or quite literally, her love (which I highly doubt they'd put in romance in a family-friendly game).

Hades: Hades' prophecy is self-explanatory and if memory serves me right, our Presidio companion actually says "I think he's talking about your parents, Captain."

Ares: Also, self-explanatory, if we fail, Spirals falls. No pressure there.

Zeus: This is a rather self-explanatory as well. Gold and Glory is what most heroes want to get.

I don't see where my theory could be wrong in any one of these prophecies. Please correct me if I overlooked something.

Jefferyskullpants,

I actually thought that our pirate could potentially be the "Heart." Despite our mistakes, we still try to do good. And in Book 13, we tried to right the wrong we did Marleybone. We have helped many people through our journey and we have tried to do as much good as possible.

Character limit is running low. Look at the next post.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
Of course this would happen. I was about to post something like this the other day when my computer crashed. Oh well, you explained it better than I did anyway. No harm, no foul.
However, there is something you overlooked in Hephaestus's prophecy. He does say that he'll be appeased once Hand, Eye, and Heart are rejoined and work as one, but before that, he says that the reason he's displeased in the first place is because we destroyed so many "well-wrought" clockworks. My theory is that we will actually be building a clockwork with the toymaker, requiring specific parts in order for it to work properly (i.e. The Hand of ____, The Eye of ____, and The Heart of ____) and may be the secret to defeating Kane. Perhaps Abel will finally get his revenge.

Ensign
Mar 17, 2013
Hmm... If this theory is true, obviously Hande and One-Eyed Jack would be the hand and eye respectively, maybe Boochbeard is supposed to be the heart? I remember reading somewhere that he was supposed to be fairly kind-hearted, and considering what he's done for us in Wizard and Pirate, this theory would seem to have some weight.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
anecorbie on May 12, 2016 wrote:
Or the side quest gives us who do side quests a chance to be more informed than those who say: "A side quest without a good reward or companion isn't worth doing."
Also, I remind you that another side quest lead to the clockwork birds being discovered and now we know how important that quest was, and another quest leading us to a the knowledge that there's a weakness in Valencian steel!
This proves that all side quests are important and some may even have a direct link to the main story.
Where can I find this side quest please?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Serpent10611 on May 13, 2016 wrote:
Of course this would happen. I was about to post something like this the other day when my computer crashed. Oh well, you explained it better than I did anyway. No harm, no foul.
However, there is something you overlooked in Hephaestus's prophecy. He does say that he'll be appeased once Hand, Eye, and Heart are rejoined and work as one, but before that, he says that the reason he's displeased in the first place is because we destroyed so many "well-wrought" clockworks. My theory is that we will actually be building a clockwork with the toymaker, requiring specific parts in order for it to work properly (i.e. The Hand of ____, The Eye of ____, and The Heart of ____) and may be the secret to defeating Kane. Perhaps Abel will finally get his revenge.
Ooooh very nice speculation! I can see that happening.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SpellBinder Darius on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Where can I find this side quest please?
If you mean "The Temple Circuit" for the prophecies, go to the High Temple in Nova Aquila and talk to Maximus Tudius ( if I remember his name correctly ).
If you mean the quest that reveals the weakness in Valencian steel, go to the Admiralty Building on the Isle of Dogs ( Marleybone ) and talk to Mr. Smiley, he's standing near Mr. M. The quest is called "Covering Tracks ".

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Serpent10611 on May 13, 2016 wrote:
Interesting, I didn't even consider that. Hmmm, you're right, that may be it. A fascinating theory, I remember I asked Blind Mew, ages ago mind you, about where clockworks are made and he mentioned there are probably factories in Valencia and that it would be fun to go to one. Most likely they are closer to Kane's seat of power. Who knows, we might break into one. Now THAT could be fun.

And to Spellbinder Darius, the Aquilan side quest is located in the temple in Nova Aquila. The Valencian Birds quest is located at the academy in Sivella given by a Ms. Catarina Girardo.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Grizzley117 on May 14, 2016 wrote:
Interesting, I didn't even consider that. Hmmm, you're right, that may be it. A fascinating theory, I remember I asked Blind Mew, ages ago mind you, about where clockworks are made and he mentioned there are probably factories in Valencia and that it would be fun to go to one. Most likely they are closer to Kane's seat of power. Who knows, we might break into one. Now THAT could be fun.

And to Spellbinder Darius, the Aquilan side quest is located in the temple in Nova Aquila. The Valencian Birds quest is located at the academy in Sivella given by a Ms. Catarina Girardo.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
I'm very confident that we'll be going to these factories. We've destroyed hundreds of clockworks and they probably mass produce thousands, so it's no surprise that we'd take on a mission to destroy the whole works. I doubt we'll be building in one of them though. If we are building (or rebuilding) "Abel", we'll probably be making him in the secrecy of the toymaker's workshop or opposition stronghold.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Continued from my other post....

We have done much good throughout the Spiral, but, I think it will be a NPC if my theory is true. And I didn't even consider One-Eyed Jack. Good catch! And Hande is basing his operations in Flostam where Jack resides!

Silver Swordcoral,

Yeah, when it first popped into my head, I was amazed. It was so simple. Out of all the names they could have picked, they chose "Hande." Coincidence? Maybe, but I don't know. Intriguing though? Definitely.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
I can't find that the name: "Hande" is very important as there is already another Captain Hande in Cool Ranch ( remember him? )
There is also a Captain Foote,
I don't know why KI didn't go all the way and name him "Captain Legge". ( since he has no legs. )

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Thanks for pointing me the way to the side quests guys but I was after the one hinting at the weakness of Valencian steel which Anecorbie kindly pointed the way to

Unfortunately I don't have a character at Marleybone yet so I will just read the quest dialogue on pirate wiki

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
anecorbie on May 15, 2016 wrote:
I can't find that the name: "Hande" is very important as there is already another Captain Hande in Cool Ranch ( remember him? )
I don't know why KI didn't go all the way and name him "Captain Legge". ( since he has no legs. )
I did a quick Pirate101 Wiki search of the name Hande, and the only thing I could find was the Privateer only quest where you are put in charge of some Army recruits and have to take down a Mister Hande who is causing trouble at the Old Hang 'Em Jail. He's not a captain, his title is "Mister Hande: Browncoat Soldier."

Yes, it's true there is a second Hande, but on the other hand (haha, I'm so punny), he is not very important. I wouldn't be suprised if KI forgot there was a another Hande. Privateer was the first class I leveled to level 65, and I had totally forgot about him.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I'm glad you've initiated this thread, 'Grizzley', as the words of the Aquilan Immortals are well worth pondering.
I think it important to consider, however, why Hephaestus has these words for us.

Hephaestus is the one Immortal who is distinctly displeased with us, and that is simply because we have destroyed clockworks, and especially the highly sophisticated Armada Elites, Deacon & Rooke. In Hephaestus' eyes, the Armada are not only a marvelous work, they are beautiful and intelligent, the highest level ones capable of independent thought and personality. In short, they are wonderful, and their destruction, a crime.

The mere fact that we were fighting for our lives when we destroyed them is immaterial to Hephaestus, master craftsman himself. Then what will appease him? My guess is that it somehow has to do with allowing the creation of marvelous works.

What does this have to do with the "Hand, Eye, and Heart" being rejoined and acting as one? Well, speculating wildly (once again!), perhaps this has to do with those who created Kane and the Armada in the first place. Avery says 'some genius' created the Armada, but it need not be a single person. Not unlike the Immortals working in concert to create Pandora, the combined work of perhaps three brilliant minds could have made the superbly created Kane.

Then what happened? Did dismay over the adverse independent acts of their creation drive away the three? Did they fall out beforehand? Did Kane take steps to imprison or attempt to kill his creators so they could not devise a way to undo him? Or drive them apart with falsehoods and suspicion? After all, they know more about him than anyone else.

If this is true, then I think the 'Hand' would be the Toymaker. After all, that is all we see of him in Bishop's puppet show: a pair of aging human hands.

Lieutenant
Aug 19, 2011
anecorbie on May 15, 2016 wrote:
Off topic here; but that actually makes me wonder if we'll ever run into a "Captain Arrme"?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Grizzley117 on May 16, 2016 wrote:
I did a quick Pirate101 Wiki search of the name Hande, and the only thing I could find was the Privateer only quest where you are put in charge of some Army recruits and have to take down a Mister Hande who is causing trouble at the Old Hang 'Em Jail. He's not a captain, his title is "Mister Hande: Browncoat Soldier."

Yes, it's true there is a second Hande, but on the other hand (haha, I'm so punny), he is not very important. I wouldn't be suprised if KI forgot there was a another Hande. Privateer was the first class I leveled to level 65, and I had totally forgot about him.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
Everyone but Privateers get this quest, it's given by the Commodore as a trainer quest for companion points.
This is some "handy" information for our posters, lol

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
anecorbie on May 17, 2016 wrote:
Everyone but Privateers get this quest, it's given by the Commodore as a trainer quest for companion points.
This is some "handy" information for our posters, lol
Oh, you're right. That's what I get for skimming

And I see what you did there. I gotta "hand" it to ya, very clever:)

Anne Radcliffe,
That is a good theory, I like it! I thought the Toymaker could be a part of it, it makes sense.

I think what troubles me the most about this prophecy is we have a million and 1 theories about who the "Hand" is, but we haven't got the faintest idea who the "Eye" or the "Heart" could be. I've tossed around the idea of Avery as one of them, but it doesn't make sense. I liked what one poster said about the "Eye" being One-Eyed Jack, but we don't really know much about Jack to find a basis for the theory other than the fact he has only one eye. Our pirate characters could be the "Heart." Despite our many mistakes, we try to make things right no matter what. We have Bonnie to thank for that. She basically acts as our conscience. I'm not sure though. I just want Test Realm to come out

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Anne Radcliffe on May 17, 2016 wrote:
I'm glad you've initiated this thread, 'Grizzley', as the words of the Aquilan Immortals are well worth pondering.
I think it important to consider, however, why Hephaestus has these words for us.

Hephaestus is the one Immortal who is distinctly displeased with us, and that is simply because we have destroyed clockworks, and especially the highly sophisticated Armada Elites, Deacon & Rooke. In Hephaestus' eyes, the Armada are not only a marvelous work, they are beautiful and intelligent, the highest level ones capable of independent thought and personality. In short, they are wonderful, and their destruction, a crime.

The mere fact that we were fighting for our lives when we destroyed them is immaterial to Hephaestus, master craftsman himself. Then what will appease him? My guess is that it somehow has to do with allowing the creation of marvelous works.

What does this have to do with the "Hand, Eye, and Heart" being rejoined and acting as one? Well, speculating wildly (once again!), perhaps this has to do with those who created Kane and the Armada in the first place. Avery says 'some genius' created the Armada, but it need not be a single person. Not unlike the Immortals working in concert to create Pandora, the combined work of perhaps three brilliant minds could have made the superbly created Kane.

Then what happened? Did dismay over the adverse independent acts of their creation drive away the three? Did they fall out beforehand? Did Kane take steps to imprison or attempt to kill his creators so they could not devise a way to undo him? Or drive them apart with falsehoods and suspicion? After all, they know more about him than anyone else.

If this is true, then I think the 'Hand' would be the Toymaker. After all, that is all we see of him in Bishop's puppet show: a pair of aging human hands.
Impressive, Miss Radcliffe, as usual.
I stand by the idea that we'll be creating our own clockwork elite (Abel?) with the toymaker as atonement for the many we've destroyed. Discovering more than one creator is interesting, though. I'm inclined to believe that the toymaker was the genius behind the planning and engineering of the clockworks, but it's not out of the question for him to have an assistant or two that helped to construct them.

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
Anne Radcliffe on May 17, 2016 wrote:

I like the idea of "Hand, Eye, and Heart" standing for something like that. As most people who read fantasy know, prophecies tend to be very vague and full of symbolism and double meanings. Having the three parts stand for the three people who made the Armada is a great idea, and I imagine Hephaestus would be quite pleased to have a team like that working and building together again. Of course, knowing prophecies, it could easily turn out to be something we can't guess right now, but seems really obvious once it happens. Guess we just have to wait and see .