Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate 101 Nominated for an Award

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
I found out through one of the P101 fan sites that Pirate101 is nominated for Best MMO to play with your family!!! I for one know this is a great family game and a lot of you know this as well. It has been a long time since P101 has won any awards. I think we should show the MMO community that us Pirates have a lot of fight in us. Below is the link for voting, there is still two days left to cast your vote.

http://www.mmogames.com/topmmos/best-mmo-play-family/

Lets get everyone we can to vote for P101 and win!!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
1 Pirate Dad on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:
I found out through one of the P101 fan sites that Pirate101 is nominated for Best MMO to play with your family!!! I for one know this is a great family game and a lot of you know this as well. It has been a long time since P101 has won any awards. I think we should show the MMO community that us Pirates have a lot of fight in us. Below is the link for voting, there is still two days left to cast your vote.

Ty, 1 Pirate Dad, 109 votes for Pirate101 ( doing very well in comparison to the others )
Wizard101 has gathered 250 votes so far.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
There were 112 when I voted just now.

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
I voted, but I saw one with 800 votes. Let's try to beat that!

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
1 Pirate Dad on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:

It's done. I have voted. There's blood everywhere. Send hel-hey wait a minute. That's taking things a little too far.

The Grin Reaper

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Thanks for letting us know, 1 Pirate Dad.

Wizard will beat Pirate, since it has a much larger player base. But it would be nice to see Pirate101 come in second. As far as I can tell, both are equally family-friendly, although I personally prefer Pirate to Wizard (I do like Wizard).

-Indigo

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
Pirate 101 is now in the 130's. We are currently in 3rd place and quickly catching up to W101. First place is a game about trains Pirates are much cooler than trains

Continue to show your support . Have your friends and family vote and if they have never played, there is a play button next to the vote button This is an opportunity to show everyone just how amazing this game is

Also, you can vote once a day, so if you voted yesterday, vote again today (and tomorrow).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Pirate101 has 132 votes including my vote hopefully more message board members see this

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Also sorry I forgot to add but if pirate101 wins this could get more players which means more money which means quicker storyline update!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Don't let a bunch of train enthusiasts win! Vote, ye scallywags, vote!

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
Indigo Ring on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for letting us know, 1 Pirate Dad.

Wizard will beat Pirate, since it has a much larger player base. But it would be nice to see Pirate101 come in second. As far as I can tell, both are equally family-friendly, although I personally prefer Pirate to Wizard (I do like Wizard).

-Indigo
With all due respect Indigo, we are going to keep this thread positive

In the last 24 hours Pirate 101 gained 37 votes (currently 145) while Wizard 101 gained 3 (currently 253). This is not a matter of how many people play the game but how motivated its fans are.

We may not be able to take the overall award (I believe with more time we could have) but I know we can beat out W101

Having been a member with KI for five years, I know P101 has the most dedicated players within the company. Now it's only a matter of showing KI what we as players already know.

So lets give this award everything we got and get as many votes as possible

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
1 Pirate Dad on Jan 29, 2016 wrote:
With all due respect Indigo, we are going to keep this thread positive

In the last 24 hours Pirate 101 gained 37 votes (currently 145) while Wizard 101 gained 3 (currently 253). This is not a matter of how many people play the game but how motivated its fans are.

We may not be able to take the overall award (I believe with more time we could have) but I know we can beat out W101

Having been a member with KI for five years, I know P101 has the most dedicated players within the company. Now it's only a matter of showing KI what we as players already know.

So lets give this award everything we got and get as many votes as possible

Ye be right! We should be cheering P101 on winning that award! Let's give them our love & positive enthusiasm & keep on voting!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
My second vote places the tally at 152

I downloaded rail nation on my apple device and it required Facebook to register, kid friendly?

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
Last day to vote everyone!! We are currently sitting at 163 and climbing quickly Remember you can vote every day so if you voted a couple days ago, you can vote again.

Lets try to recruit as many people as possible and give them a pirate brawling they have never seen before

Petty Officer
Sep 17, 2011
Certainly put in my vote. Had to vote for both pirate101 and wizard101, only because i am an avid player of both games and each has its pro's and cons. The two games really are two totally different "animals" as well. I enjoy both games and have been playing both for a very long time, but out of the two games i'm finding that i enjoy pirate101 much more. Once pirate101 gets some more major content and maybe eventually even catches up with wizard101 in that sense i think many more people will feel the same. Just my opinion, obviously i could be wrong, time will tell.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
I voted a second time. Technically, if you have more than one device available to you, you could vote once on each device. Including my second vote, it now has 176 votes! (on a side not, why in HADES, is a game about trains, which might I add apparently requires Facebook to play, in first place. There can't be that many people who like trains, can there?)

The Grin Reaper

Lieutenant
May 26, 2013
The Grin Reaper on Jan 30, 2016 wrote:
I voted a second time. Technically, if you have more than one device available to you, you could vote once on each device. Including my second vote, it now has 176 votes! (on a side not, why in HADES, is a game about trains, which might I add apparently requires Facebook to play, in first place. There can't be that many people who like trains, can there?)

The Grin Reaper
I know, right? Why does a train game of all things have seven times the votes as Pirate101?

Petty Officer
May 13, 2010
All,
I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone for voting. In two days we gained 70 votes from when I started this thread Thursday night. Overall we came in a respectable 3rd place, with a total of 178 votes

Unfortunately, time (Not the size of the fan base) was our biggest obstacle. Had we been given two more days the second place spot would have been ours instead of W101 Had we known about the competition when it started I am confident we would be holding the trophy instead of Rail Nation USA.

Looking at the overall dedication in the finale days, P101 far surpassed not only 1st and 2nd place but the entire category. While we were quickly racking up the numbers in the last two days the first place team only gained 6 votes and 2nd place gained 5.

You Pirates make me proud to be a part of this community

FYI, If the MMO community has this competition again, I am confident we will be able to take the trophy from Rail Nation USA.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Grin Reaper on Jan 30, 2016 wrote:

The Grin Reaper
Actually, Grin Reaper, there is a LARGE section of train enthusiasts around the world, as collectors, model builders, etc. For me, they're not at all exciting ( unless, like Gomez Addams, I could blow them up )
Alas, Rail Nation has won with Wizard101 and Pirate101 whipping the other games to shreds.
Well Done KingsIsle!

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2010
anecorbie on Jan 31, 2016 wrote:
Actually, Grin Reaper, there is a LARGE section of train enthusiasts around the world, as collectors, model builders, etc. For me, they're not at all exciting ( unless, like Gomez Addams, I could blow them up )
Alas, Rail Nation has won with Wizard101 and Pirate101 whipping the other games to shreds.
Well Done KingsIsle!
Ok yeah, fair enough. But if you need Facebook to run it, then how did it get so many votes? Ah whatever. So...70 votes in about three days. Am I the only one who gets the feeling that when Pirate101 finally does get a story update, there will be a sudden and overwhelming shift from Wizard101 to Pirate101? Cause there have been a lot of people who have quit P101 from lack of story updates, a lot of them to W101, and if those people see a story update...well, there will be a lot more people playing P101 than W101. If Kingsile did that on purpose, as long as they can keep things stable, it's actually a pretty smart strategy. Just saying. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Bye for now.

The Grin Reaper

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
We all did a great job, also to add there was voting in the best mmo for kids section and pirate101 also got third for that behind wizard 101

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
Ahoy!

Thanks for voting for Pirate101! I appreciate the support and positivity.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*